Wages for Truckers

Old May 17th 2009, 7:38 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wages for Truckers

Originally Posted by Gremmie
So did you go and visit some of those i suggested ????????
Ladies of the night?
Old May 18th 2009, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

nick61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by koogar
Ladies of the night?
Yes Gremmie, but not much going on at the moment but will start sending emails to the "Peg" and near by area.
Koogs What's a Lady of the Night ?? is it a Ship ???
Old Apr 7th 2010, 1:32 am
Just Joined

THESPIDER is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought id redeem this thread, anyone make it over to canada in the end? What about these big companies siemens, yanke etc they recruiting in 2010/2011?
Old Apr 7th 2010, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THESPIDER
Thought id redeem this thread, anyone make it over to canada in the end? What about these big companies siemens, yanke etc they recruiting in 2010/2011?
Yes loads of us made it over, many also returned, some ended up in Florida doing next to nothing and getting paid for it, ( Koogs)
Old Apr 8th 2010, 3:10 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Yes loads of us made it over, many also returned, some ended up in Florida doing next to nothing and getting paid for it, ( Koogs)
If you carry on, I wont let you swim in my pool when you get down here
Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Hi Gremmie, Kooger and all others,

I have a question, if you could please help, I have been driving as a class 2 for over 5 years but am considering becoming class 1 over in Alberta.

My question is ' Is there still enough of a shortage of drivers for companies to hire new drivers ' and I read somewhere on an old post that the driving schools actually find you your first job placement if needed ? on a starting wage of $800 gross per week ??

Please advise and are these companies still scouting here in U.K??

Sorry to ask lots of questions but I know you will be able help

Bal................
Old Apr 9th 2010, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by koogar
If you carry on, I wont let you swim in my pool when you get down here
Free Willy springs to mind,,,,,

Old Apr 9th 2010, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bal uk
Hi Gremmie, Kooger and all others,

I have a question, if you could please help, I have been driving as a class 2 for over 5 years but am considering becoming class 1 over in Alberta.

My question is ' Is there still enough of a shortage of drivers for companies to hire new drivers ' and I read somewhere on an old post that the driving schools actually find you your first job placement if needed ? on a starting wage of $800 gross per week ??

Please advise and are these companies still scouting here in U.K??

Sorry to ask lots of questions but I know you will be able help

Bal................

As far as i know in some regions their is still a shortage of drivers.
Driving schools getting you jobs thats a new one on me
$800 a week is about $500 short
Old Apr 10th 2010, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

As far as i know in some regions their is still a shortage of drivers.
Driving schools getting you jobs thats a new one on me
$800 a week is about $500 short
I think he will find that most companies will only take you on and train you for the class 1 equivelent if you already have a UK class 1 for more than 2 years.

Covenant transport offered to put me through my US CDL A when i first came here, they told me I qualified for the loan ????
"What loan ?" I asked.
"The $7,000 sudent loan to train"
"You want to charge me $7,000 to teach me to do something I have been doing since 1975 ?" I asked "Stick it"
The company I did start with charged me $20.00 then gave it back when i started the following week.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I think he will find that most companies will only take you on and train you for the class 1 equivelent if you already have a UK class 1 for more than 2 years.

Covenant transport offered to put me through my US CDL A when i first came here, they told me I qualified for the loan ????
"What loan ?" I asked.
"The $7,000 sudent loan to train"
"You want to charge me $7,000 to teach me to do something I have been doing since 1975 ?" I asked "Stick it"
The company I did start with charged me $20.00 then gave it back when i started the following week.
Like it....
Old Apr 18th 2010, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Hi everyone,

What I should of mentioned was that I have applied to emigrate on PR visa as a Crane Operator and may want to continue with this sort of work but with a Class 1 licence and keep my options open if I could pursue long haul driving.

My question is, is it realistic for me to come over to Alberta and pay for the CDL training and have a good chance to get a job with reasonable earnings?

Either Local or long haul work in teams OR;
As a Boom truck Crane operator Class 1 Driver?

WILL A COMPANY BE WILLING TO GIVE ME A CHANCE BEARING IN MIND THAT I WILL BE NEW TO CANADA AND A NEW CLASS 1 DRIVER?

Please be honest and give me any tips/information for what I could do to make this happen please, I will be in your debt if I can get this done.

Look forward to your help guys/experts.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bal uk
Hi everyone,

What I should of mentioned was that I have applied to emigrate on PR visa as a Crane Operator and may want to continue with this sort of work but with a Class 1 licence and keep my options open if I could pursue long haul driving.

My question is, is it realistic for me to come over to Alberta and pay for the CDL training and have a good chance to get a job with reasonable earnings?

Either Local or long haul work in teams OR;
As a Boom truck Crane operator Class 1 Driver?

WILL A COMPANY BE WILLING TO GIVE ME A CHANCE BEARING IN MIND THAT I WILL BE NEW TO CANADA AND A NEW CLASS 1 DRIVER?

Please be honest and give me any tips/information for what I could do to make this happen please, I will be in your debt if I can get this done.

Look forward to your help guys/experts.

All i know is hat Boom truck operators are called " Cherry Pickers " here
Old Jun 28th 2010, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

winner2559 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I am considering moving to Canada as a truck driver after separating from wife. Now it is 28 June 2010.

I have read several items on wages and am very confused about what the weekly wage is. As we are now in 2010, can someone please provide definitive data on actual livable wages in Canada. If paid fortnightly, what is the take home pay? if not, what is the gross pay. What taxes are paid from your wage to give you a take home wage or nett pay? Working on current conversion rates £1400 equates to C$ 2190 per month (UK pay after deductions). Now are we saying that drivers of Yanke are getting C$2100 every 2 weeks? which is C$ 1050 or £671 per week, times 4 equals is £2684 at the current exchange rate (28June2010) which is C$4198 per month.

So C$ 4190 per month, are you telling me that you can not live on that? or £2684 per month.

I am worried that no is actually telling the truth about being able to live on the Canadian wages and it is starting to put me off. So who can I trust in giving me definitive answers?

Yours faithfully

Tony
Old Jun 28th 2010, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by winner2559
Hello, I am considering moving to Canada as a truck driver after separating from wife. Now it is 28 June 2010.

I have read several items on wages and am very confused about what the weekly wage is. As we are now in 2010, can someone please provide definitive data on actual livable wages in Canada. If paid fortnightly, what is the take home pay? if not, what is the gross pay. What taxes are paid from your wage to give you a take home wage or nett pay? Working on current conversion rates £1400 equates to C$ 2190 per month (UK pay after deductions). Now are we saying that drivers of Yanke are getting C$2100 every 2 weeks? which is C$ 1050 or £671 per week, times 4 equals is £2684 at the current exchange rate (28June2010) which is C$4198 per month.

So C$ 4190 per month, are you telling me that you can not live on that? or £2684 per month.

I am worried that no is actually telling the truth about being able to live on the Canadian wages and it is starting to put me off. So who can I trust in giving me definitive answers?

Yours faithfully

Tony
You would have to ask a Yankee driver what he earns, our drivers are getting between $5000 - $6000 a month and yes you can live on that quiet comfortbly
Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Do not convert it and compare it to wages in the Uk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.