Wages for Truckers

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Wages for Truckers

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
TomTom 910

Has all the N.American Maps already installed on the hard drive.

£210 approx shop around for a good deal I got mine from ebay
Cheers mate,i shall shop around.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wages for Truckers

Originally Posted by porter.family
hello all we have just received an application from Jane Broesky
Immigration Services Coordinator
Big Freight Systems Inc.
360 Hwy 12 North
Steinbach, Manitoba, Canada R5G 1A6. we enquired to them about moving to canada and their job prospects has anyone had any dealing with them in the past and has anyone any good and bad points to offer regarding wages and hours. yes we decided not to fly the roost but we still have it in our hearts to move over and the thought of a better life keeps pulling on the heart strings. its not over till its over and we really think we can make the life canada has to offer. heavens sake the u.k is falling apart.
thanks keith and family
For lots of info about Big Freight look here:
http://www.onlinetruckers.co.uk/inde...viewforum&f=25

About 90% of the guy's posting on this forum work for them!!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
TomTom 910

Has all the N.American Maps already installed on the hard drive.

£210 approx shop around for a good deal I got mine from ebay
You can't beat the TOMTOM 910 as it worked wonders for us In Canada. Comet and Currys are offering really good deals at the minute.

Karla x x x
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by karla03
You can't beat the TOMTOM 910 as it worked wonders for us In Canada. Comet and Currys are offering really good deals at the minute.

Karla x x x
Karla,Thanx i shall buy the 910 Tom Tom.Phil
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

We have been told by another family who work in PEI that they clear $2100 per month after tax etc etc and hes away for5 days at a time - we know that its low wages but we are prepaired for this.

My famous saying is "Everyone is different" so please remember this the next time you post.

Karla x x x x
Karla,
$2100/month take home for 5 nights away?!!!,
I knew the trucking wages in PEI were supposed to be a bit lower but not as low as that,surely a family man who's wife cannot work for the first 6 months on the PEI PNP will need to have a sizeable chunk of savings to suppliment his income?
I know its wrong to change it back to £'s but thats only around £260/week!!
I would hazard a guess that because most of Seafood Express's runs are around the NE of the States your "running expenses" for living in the truck for those 5 nights will be quite high too.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Karla,
$2100/month take home for 5 nights away?!!!,
I knew the trucking wages in PEI were supposed to be a bit lower but not as low as that,surely a family man who's wife cannot work for the first 6 months on the PEI PNP will need to have a sizeable chunk of savings to suppliment his income?
I know its wrong to change it back to £'s but thats only around £260/week!!
I would hazard a guess that because most of Seafood Express's runs are around the NE of the States your "running expenses" for living in the truck for those 5 nights will be quite high too.
Whats happening to me i-m agreeing with BT
BT i am 99% sure she ment $2100 a fortnite
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Don't know about you Gremmie but even I would say $2100 take home/fortnight is dam good money for 5 nights away living in PEI,
might even consider OTR myself if its true!!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

I'm not sure if it is $2100 take home per FORNIGHT? Kerlynkeo husband works for them and she says that his take home pay is $2100 per month.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm not sure if it is $2100 take home per FORNIGHT? Kerlynkeo husband works for them and she says that his take home pay is $2100 per month.
Surely it can't be as low as that can it
That's by my reckoning about half of what a Yanke driver said he took home for driving for them per month in this thread somewhere!!!
Granted he is away from home for longer but does it justify a doubling of wages
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Did sum digging through all my old Emails regarding Seafood Express, this is what they offerd me:
Based on the above information, and based on the ambition of the Employee, the Employer states that the Employee can make an average annual income of $51,529.00, which is equal
to Thirty-eight and two-tenths cents ($0.382) per mile. This includes Picks/Drops + other bonuses and an annual milage of 135,000
Now how upto date these rates are i dont know !!!! Monthly wage would be approx $4294.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

I asked Robin Roach from Seafood Express what the weekly average wage was and he said this in an email too me:

"On the average if a driver did 2500 – 3000 miles a week he would gross which is before deductions approx. 715.00 – 990.00 per week on the average sorry but it really depends on the drive and how hard he wants to drive.. I hope this helps…"

Karla x x x
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

paulburt is an unknown quantity at this point

wasn't there a post from someone working for them which gave figures for an eight day trip? cleared something like £360
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paulburt
wasn't there a post from someone working for them which gave figures for an eight day trip? cleared something like £360
I think maybe your right and I don't want to get into another negative wages debate but $720 (£360) approx or $90/day (£45) is terribly low for 8 days away including maybe driving for 13/14 hours and $2100 take home/month does not bear thinking about!!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:04 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
I think maybe your right and I don't want to get into another negative wages debate but $720 (£360) approx or $90/day (£45) is terribly low for 8 days away including maybe driving for 13/14 hours and $2100 take home/month does not bear thinking about!!
I know nothing about the area, but is that relative to the cost of living in that area?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thats why i didn't go and work on the isle of pei !!!! although the cost of living is lower than the rest of Canada,this didn't not seem to me to offset the lower wages quoted by Seafood. Hopefuly we are wrong in our calculations and assumptions But their top rate of 0.382 a mile is just a bit low for my pocket

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.