trucking in oz!!

Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Location: Good comes to those who wait!!i,m just waiting and waiting and waiting
phil gore is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry trucking in oz!!

Hi,i was just wondering if anybody knows how 2 get a job driving trucks in oz.

I understand that the gov have stopped drivers goin in on 457 now.:curse:
Is this long term?
Is there another way in for us??
Should i go over for a reckie,and try to get something,or would it be a waste of money!
I have also got my psv(coach licence)would it be the same for that..
I just want to get there somehow,its so frustating!!ggggrrrr.
Does anybody know any companys that recruit drivers/sponsor drivers???
Any help would be deeply grateful.
Cheers :curse::curse::curse:
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Scott2105 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: trucking in oz!!

Originally Posted by phil gore
Hi,i was just wondering if anybody knows how 2 get a job driving trucks in oz.

I understand that the gov have stopped drivers goin in on 457 now.:curse:
Is this long term?
Is there another way in for us??
Should i go over for a reckie,and try to get something,or would it be a waste of money!
I have also got my psv(coach licence)would it be the same for that..
I just want to get there somehow,its so frustating!!ggggrrrr.
Does anybody know any companys that recruit drivers/sponsor drivers???
Any help would be deeply grateful.
Cheers :curse::curse::curse:
Apparently despite a shortage of drivers, the unions don't want foreign drivers as they believe that we will agree to work for peanuts with conditions to match and threaten Aussie jobs!!! I did read that the government are due to review the 457 later this year, so fingers crossed!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scott2105
Apparently despite a shortage of drivers, the unions don't want foreign drivers as they believe that we will agree to work for peanuts with conditions to match and threaten Aussie jobs!!! I did read that the government are due to review the 457 later this year, so fingers crossed!
The governmant has made it very hard to get into OZ, they have stopped drivers going out on the 457 visa and as far as i know there is now other way at the moment.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Still no Aussie Govt responce to date, typical OZ they are having a BBQ and fishing 24/7