Trucking in Canada

Old Oct 4th 2011, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Scubachris is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Trucking in Canada

Hi all Myself and my wife are looking to move to Calgary next year. I am a HGV class 1 truck driver over hear in the UK and have been for the past 8 years. I have been looking at Siemens Transport and wondered if anybody works for them and could tell me if they are a good company to have a career with. I am aware that you are away from home for long periods of time and I am totaly committed to that. I would be great full of any information on working shifts i.e 5 days out and 2 off.

Regards

Chris
Old Oct 4th 2011, 2:03 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trucking in Canada

Originally Posted by Scubachris
Hi all Myself and my wife are looking to move to Calgary next year. I am a HGV class 1 truck driver over hear in the UK and have been for the past 8 years. I have been looking at Siemens Transport and wondered if anybody works for them and could tell me if they are a good company to have a career with. I am aware that you are away from home for long periods of time and I am totaly committed to that. I would be great full of any information on working shifts i.e 5 days out and 2 off.

Regards

Chris
Maybe you would get more help if this was posted in the Trucking Forum.
Maybe a Mod can move it for you.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 2:37 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
My pleasure.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Thanks ya it would help to be in the Wright place.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Regards

Chris
You are commited to being away long periods of time but only want 5 days on 2 off ????? You will be more like 10-14 days on 2-3 days off.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gremmie
You are commited to being away long periods of time but only want 5 days on 2 off ????? You will be more like 10-14 days on 2-3 days off.
No I was using the 5 on 2 off as an example that why I put i.e.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

No I was using the 5 on 2 off as an example that why I put i.e.
Ok, but budget for 10-14 out, unless you can get on with the likes of Westcan.. KB33 can tell you more about them.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Ok thanks