Truckers wives in canada

Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Truckers wives in canada

Thanks for this. I will give them a try, it is the first web site that has clearly explained all the hops we need to jump in so easy detail
Thank you
Old Sep 15th 2008, 4:39 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dinger24
Thanks for this. I will give them a try, it is the first web site that has clearly explained all the hops we need to jump in so easy detail
Thank you
I'm glad it helped, good luck
Old Sep 16th 2008, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dinger24
Hi
I am looking into this and very serious about taking up long haul for a couple of years then looking for something closer to home and the OH. I just dont know who to work for and where, there is so many options but not enough information on the nitty gritty side of these companys. I have been a driver with the Army for over 10yrs and have HGV 1(C+E). I can get more quals for resettlement and would be interested if anyone knows if there is a Canadian company that will do courses for Brit Army resettlement. I actually lack driving experience as the largest truck I drive will be a Bedord 4T
Dinger .... Me again.

You say you have been driving for over 10 yrs so I presume you'll be leaving after 12 on a preserved pension???

On resettlement side of life what sort of resettlement do you want to do???

EG - If you want to do only driving in Canada even after you gain PR then you could go over on a civillian work attachment with the company for the duration of your resettlement which if your entitled to full resettlement package is 7 weeks + food & Accom etc, Warrant to the airport but you'll have to pay for your own flight.

While there you could do your in company training and your driving tests etc etc look for houses get your self all sorted for the family coming over this way when you come back after discharge you can work straight away and get paid without a gap in wages. Just get it all agreed with the company to let you come back to collect the family etc and return to start work.

You must be in the UK when your terminal grant is paid to you or it will be taxable in Canada this has come to light after exthensive research on here with other Mil Pers.

If you want to do other things after driving then unless you want to be a skiing instructor then there is not much else you could do that is worthwhile that I have found anyway.

Hope this makes sense AGAIN!!!!!
Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

I think we are the only 2 on here I have been in 22yrs and I have literally just mentioned to the long haired general of how we need to look into taking resetlment in Canada. I am also going to see if I can get myself out to BATUS (I very much doubt it but you have to ask!) for last 6 months. I dont finish until Sept next year.
You seem to have a good grasp of what is happening, where is I am clutching at straws. I am now on POTL so I intend to hammer out as much as I can over the next couple of weeks (Long haired general is working Mon- Thu) I am currently in Germany.
You hit the nail on the head I was contemplating the very same as you suggest I will be looking into shortly (I havent done any resetlement interviews etc yet)
I am curious to your circumstances - where do you intend to go and who you are looking at working with? I have only held Cat C+E for last 10 yrs, unfortunatley I joined the infantry so if they have Warrior in Canada I am the "Guru" but I cant see it
Old Sep 16th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

I have been in 22yrs
Well I'm sure your aware of your resettlement entitlement. Just be aware as I mentioned before you need to have your gratuity payment in your bank before you leave to make Canada your family home or it will be liable to Canadian tax and not tax free as it is here in the UK - However I'm not sure how it would work if you are on your last 6 month in BATUS then staying in Canada ??

You seem to have a good grasp of what is happening, where is I am clutching at straws.
It's only coz I have been researching for over a year now but there are still things I don't know or worry about. Also the laws change regarding immigration so you need to keep up to speed with the current situation doors open and close all the time in different provinces.

I am curious to your circumstances - where do you intend to go and who you are looking at working with?
We are going to PEI & working for Seafoodexpress. I have all the paperwork ready to go just can't sell the house at the moment. Just today I have had The estate agent on the phone doing a rental valuation on it. I have given them until 01 Oct to sell it then it is coming off the market and we will rent it again unti we gain PR in Canada. Not what we intended but at least (Touch Wood) if anything was to go wrong we still have a foot on the market here and 12 months down the line when we get PR the market could be more favourable to sell it. Plus with the income from that and our pensions it will subsidise the low truck drivers wages and help to tide us over. As non resident landlords the rent should also be tax free and it will also be under the tax threshold.

I have only held Cat C+E for last 10 yrs, unfortunatley I joined the infantry so if they have Warrior in Canada I am the "Guru" but I cant see it
10yrs experience would be more than enough to gain employment in Canada.