Truck driving in Canada

Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Truck driving in Canada

I hardly look anymore. It wasn't the negativity that annoyed me, it was that some of the poster hijacked every single thread to whinge about H&R. It wasn't the bitching on here as much as it was the nonsense. I was told it had improved so thought I would take a look-see. Doubtless it will tick me off again in short order and I will go back to OLT for my fill of news.

I am glad you are living the life of Reilly. I am living the life as well, although things are a little tense right now with Mrs BTDs health.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bobthedog
I hardly look anymore. It wasn't the negativity that annoyed me, it was that some of the poster hijacked every single thread to whinge about H&R. It wasn't the bitching on here as much as it was the nonsense. I was told it had improved so thought I would take a look-see. Doubtless it will tick me off again in short order and I will go back to OLT for my fill of news.

I am glad you are living the life of Reilly. I am living the life as well, although things are a little tense right now with Mrs BTDs health.
Unfortunately reading into your posts I took it that things with your good lady wife's health weren't great.
I know you posted about maybe having to possibly consider returning to the UK for her health reasons and I recommend you take a look at N.Ireland if that has to happen especially with regards to the NHS treatment.

I truly hope it all works out for the better with your family but don't go working those MAD hours again in order to provide what is needed!!!!!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the thoughts. They are appreciated. We will find out more after the scan on Weds. I wasn't really considering it, more I was saying that I could go back and go on disability after my escapade last year.

I only work the hours I am able to work. I get home more often now as most of our loads come back via the yard, so if I keep the breaks to the minimum I can usually get a day at home in both directions. It works well enough. Now that the heat is here I always have plenty to do around home..
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

kullymack is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I was wondering if you truckers could help me with some questions?

1) Would I automatically get a truck licence as I have one in England?

2) Which provence is it best to work as a trucker (pay and conditions)?

3) Is it better to work for a company or be an owner driver?
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kullymack
Hi I was wondering if you truckers could help me with some questions?

1) Would I automatically get a truck licence as I have one in England?

2) Which provence is it best to work as a trucker (pay and conditions)?

3) Is it better to work for a company or be an owner driver?
1 No
2 Impossible to answer
3 you cant be an O/O until you have PR, and then it depends on who you pull for
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

kullymack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gremmie
1 No
2 Impossible to answer
3 you cant be an O/O until you have PR, and then it depends on who you pull for
Hi if you go on a skilled worker (hgv mechanic) visa is that not PR ?
Old Jul 23rd 2010, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kullymack
Hi if you go on a skilled worker (hgv mechanic) visa is that not PR ?
PR is perminent residency.

I sugest you read up on all of what is required for immigration on the CIC web site

Last edited by Gremmie; Jul 23rd 2010 at 9:45 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

cargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nicecargomatic is just really nice

Originally Posted by arrrobbbie
I left Canada a while back to return to Scotland.I am on here to try and put people off driving trucks for a living in Canada.It has come to my attention that some Canadian companys actively recruit in the UK.There is one simple reason for that.It has to be the most horrible job in Canada.That is why they have to go abroad for drivers.People actually living in Canada do not want jobs that pay so badly and have such horrendous working conditions.Most jobs pay by the mile.So to make a decent living you need to work like a dog.In Ontario it is legal to drive 84 hours a week .Can you imagine?Many drivers work far more illegally because even with an 84 hour week they cannot earn enough to live on.Even then the drivers have no off time for they have to sleep in their trucks,miles from home.Don't expect any Canadian trucking company to put you up in a hotel.Companys such as Bison that recruit from the UK have drivers that only see home once or twice a month for a day at a time.Jobs that pay by the hour have an average wage of only $14 an hour.To top it off most trucking jobs in Canada pay no overtime rates and do not pay for breaks.In other words if you drive a truck for a living you are treated like an animal.They treat horses better.All in all I would not recommend living in Canada to anyone and certainly not if you drive for a living.
your funny

may aswell get in with the action
Old Jul 27th 2010, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Glad you quoted that, CM, as I had forgotten all the nonsense in the post. Only $14 an hour for starters.. Well that would be about 9 quid, wouldn't it? And 84 hours at 9 quid an hour would see me well happy in the UK let alone here.... Hell, I would give up 40 minutes just to round it to 750 quid a week.

I can't see what he was dripping about really. I am just north of Atlanta now, sat in my refrigerated truck playing online. It is 37 degrees outside so I could broil if I chose to, or keep cool in here. I will load my golf carts in the morning and will be able to get home by Thursday night.. All those miles in 2 days.

I bet he is sat in his truck in an RDC, with no keys so no radio or anything else. I bet it is raining and miserable. I bet he spent 6 hours stuck in traffic to get there and that he has been on about 7 quid an hour..
Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glad you quoted that, CM, as I had forgotten all the nonsense in the post. Only $14 an hour for starters.. Well that would be about 9 quid, wouldn't it? And 84 hours at 9 quid an hour would see me well happy in the UK let alone here.... Hell, I would give up 40 minutes just to round it to 750 quid a week.

I can't see what he was dripping about really. I am just north of Atlanta now, sat in my refrigerated truck playing online. It is 37 degrees outside so I could broil if I chose to, or keep cool in here. I will load my golf carts in the morning and will be able to get home by Thursday night.. All those miles in 2 days.

I bet he is sat in his truck in an RDC, with no keys so no radio or anything else. I bet it is raining and miserable. I bet he spent 6 hours stuck in traffic to get there and that he has been on about 7 quid an hour..
Dont forget to wave as my truck passes you, hes heading to Dacula GA for a pick then KY and home.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Bet I beat him back!!!!
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bet I beat him back!!!!
We run legal,
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gremmie
We run legal,
Ouch !

The OP got banned weeks ago , The same should happen to the other 2 Trolls on here
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

I bet it is raining and miserable. .
Would you believe in England it has been hovering around 25degrees for the past month and a half!!!!
There has been no real rain to speak of since March.
Of course the hosepipe bans are inforce.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Yes, but he is in Scotland so that doesn't count...

And who says I don't run legal, Gremmie?

The OP obviously needed a SOH transplant, and maybe an injection of work ethic.. At least he has gone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.