Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

truck company info in this thread from EBR group

truck company info in this thread from EBR group

Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

citicat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the rough
Default truck company info in this thread from EBR group

Hello Everyone,
My name is Laura, I am the recruiter for the Erb Group of Companies and due to the fact there is a whole bunch of you asking questions I thought I would bring us altogether in an email. I hope you don't mind.
We have a permit for our Erb International Division, these drivers go into the States and deliver freight and pick up freight and bring it back to Canada. The type of trucks that are assigned to this company are called (nicknamed) Tractor-Trailer or semi' which I do believe are called Articulates across the pond. The weight category that they are in is a 36 metric ton, they are basically a house on wheels. They have 2 bunks, room to stand, a couple of cupboards and some shelving.
On an average our drivers are out 5 1/2 days and back for the weekend, which lasts a 1 1/2 day and then they are back out again. This way the family has some time to see them. We also have drivers go out across Canada and deliver their freight, go down into the States to pick up freight and come back to Ontario. They are usually out between 10 to 14 days at home for 2 to 3 days and then back out again. I find that a lot our drivers that are on the permit, work the west coast because it's more miles that you can acquire.
Now, for the hiring process: we go through an immigration consultant to make sure that there is nothing missed on the paperwork process. I would hate to have you come over and something was missing and you had to go back! Some of you might have met them already, they are: Willis Brazolot Co in Montreal, PQ. My contacts there are Louise and Andrea, you can reach them at 450-458-2186 or email them at [email protected] or [email protected]
After we have had our interview and drawn up an offer of employment and you move over here. We go through the process of getting your license changed over to the Ontario system. You will need to do a medical that is required for your commercial license. We then send you for a 2 day course to learn about air brakes after that you are in the yard with our trainer getting acquainted with the equipment and acquiring the confidence to go for the road test. Once you are fully licensed you are then matched up with another driver for a duration of 4 weeks out on the road doing actual trips/loads. This is where you get a lot of hands-on information and experience, we usually put in with another permit driver so that way there is understanding of what you have been through recently. So to sum it all up you are in the "training mode" for about 6 weeks and once you are confident with your abilities and your trainer, we release you into your own truck.
If you feel that the Erb Group of Companies is the company that you want to be with I then really do encourage you to do all of your immigration process through them.
Well I hope that I have been able to answer your questions, if there is anything that I have missed please do ask that's what I am here for!

[email protected]
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

citicat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: truck company info in this thread from EBR group

Just got this emailed sent to me, But no use to me but might be to others

mick
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by citicat
Just got this emailed sent to me, But no use to me but might be to others

mick
Thats their standard reply, i contacted them back in march,and got the same E.mail....just din't fancy Ontario They seem a profesional outfit with good trucks and setup of work
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Thats their standard reply, i contacted them back in march,and got the same E.mail....just din't fancy Ontario They seem a profesional outfit with good trucks and setup of work
Look ok same here didnt fancy ontario either,,,
Old Sep 12th 2007, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Thats the first company we looked into, but the Immigration Agency they use charge a fortune. I think the average family of 4 had to pay something like £5000 - £7000.

Karla x x x
Old Sep 12th 2007, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karla03
Thats the first company we looked into, but the Immigration Agency they use charge a fortune. I think the average family of 4 had to pay something like £5000 - £7000.

Karla x x x
Blimey if these companys want us they will pay,

karla where are you moving to then?? am i going to see you and simon in lloyd or are you of to pei
Old Sep 12th 2007, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by citicat
Blimey if these companys want us they will pay,

karla where are you moving to then?? am i going to see you and simon in lloyd or are you of to pei
We are off to PEI. Robin at Seafood Express applied for Simons LMO today so we should have that soon. Davie Mac is going to have a few beers with him this weekend and I can't wait till Feb.

Karla x x x