Training in Winter

Old Oct 24th 2008, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

berkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Training in Winter

Please can you guys ( or of course gals) help me, who are out there at the moment.

I am awaiting my LMO and wondering whether to delay my arrival. I have read other posts about don't come over in the winter, and was wondering how bad it is. Unfortunately I am in Cyprus at the moment and haven't seen snow and ice for about 3 years, let alone drive a wagon in it. Take my car up the mountains see the snow now and again.

I will be going to Challenger, ( any bad vibes there!), but if I don't do my training until the spring I will meet the snow next year right. I am of the opinion of I have to meet it some time, might as well be now, and after training I will be team for 6 months, so hopefully have some guy who is experienced and help me.

Or am I dreaming!

All replies neg or pos greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Training in Winter

Originally Posted by berkoboy
Please can you guys ( or of course gals) help me, who are out there at the moment.

I am awaiting my LMO and wondering whether to delay my arrival. I have read other posts about don't come over in the winter, and was wondering how bad it is. Unfortunately I am in Cyprus at the moment and haven't seen snow and ice for about 3 years, let alone drive a wagon in it. Take my car up the mountains see the snow now and again.

I will be going to Challenger, ( any bad vibes there!), but if I don't do my training until the spring I will meet the snow next year right. I am of the opinion of I have to meet it some time, might as well be now, and after training I will be team for 6 months, so hopefully have some guy who is experienced and help me.

Or am I dreaming!

All replies neg or pos greatly appreciated.
You pretty much answerd ya own question
personal i would say meet your foe (winter) the sooner the better
Im sure Challanger will give you snow chain training
Old Oct 25th 2008, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

This pic might help you make your mind up ....

BTW thats Highway 3 !
Old Oct 25th 2008, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

It makes snow difference!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

I say do your training in the winter!
Your gona have to drive in it some time, so might as well get used to it straight off the bat
Old Oct 25th 2008, 5:54 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't matter when you do your training.
It gets that cold in Canada that the snow is pretty much as grippy as tarmac anyway.
Just don't let the idiots bully you into driving faster than you think is safe and you'll be ok.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:38 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
Doesn't matter when you do your training.
It gets that cold in Canada that the snow is pretty much as grippy as tarmac anyway.
Just don't let the idiots bully you into driving faster than you think is safe and you'll be ok.
A fella and his wife (team)went to canada.we worked for the same firm in scotland,it took them a long time to ge into canada.I heard a good few months ago that he was killed in an accident in a snow storm.The story I heard is that the wife stopped as she was about to enter the blizzard and while he was getting out of the bunk a speeding truck arse ended them and he went throu the wind screen and was run over by his own truck.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Definitely do the training in summer, That's the only thing I would change if I could do it all over again ie Come over in spring get the test past then get on with the training , Hopefully by the time winter comes around you should know the roads the truck and some of the crazy drivers over here and what to expect .
Only this morning I was going over the mountains west of Golden and hit a stretch of black ice ... cars in ditches, camper vans upside down, trucks going off the road and me spininning the drive axle with 63 tonne of Diesel behind me It aint no fun ..and it isnt even November yet !