Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Taken the liberty to make a few Aussie LGV Co’s Contacts.

Taken the liberty to make a few Aussie LGV Co’s Contacts.

Old Mar 28th 2008, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Taken the liberty to make a few Aussie LGV Co’s Contacts.

Hi all,

In the past week, I have spend considerable time making good to my old contacts within the transport industry in Australia.

Most have taken my emails serious and have listen to me on the many UK drivers who want to move with the view of this forthcoming sponsorship deal that the Australian Govt may / or not approve.

Now, this forthcoming sponsorship according to many within Australia may be the opportunity for the UK LGV Class 1 driver to land a position.

To this I have had a lot of Australian HR managers from some of the large and medium transport company’s reply.

I am pleased to report that within my PM, there are a few that have shown interest.

Their requirements are also strict, they have positions in various fields in transport, and here is a cut-down list of staff they would consider.

(Some has asked if there are experienced transport depot managers also willing to relocate)

Most want to know more information on the background of the UK Drivers so here is whats on offer if this sponsorship idea goes ahead;

LGV (UK Class 1) min 5-yrs Exp with artic / reefer trailers
Line haul and intercity trunking (Example) Sydney / Brisbane and Melbourne / Adelaide - Sydney / Melbourne
Night and day multi-drop (3 Drops)

Transport Depot Managers (Route allocation and satellite tracking exp)

If this goes ahead, I do foresee a lot of forum members asking many questions, details of which I will make an effort to gather for all on the forum, therefore, to save me a lot of time and effort later (If this materializes) if you are interested, please PM me with these questions in a brief profile.

1 – Name / Age / How many within Family / Other ½ able to work
2 – Past UK Driving Exp / do you hold ADR
3 – Location within Australia you would like to reside
4 – A contact number / email

Over the comming weeks I will do up a profile of all who PM me and send this to employers direct, so please give me as much information as possible, so I may paint your picture to my contacts.

Any questions? just ask, I dont bite

Regards,

Colin (AKA Skip)
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Re: Taken the liberty to make a few Aussie LGV Co’s Contacts.

Many thanks to those who have PM'ed me, I will get back to all as soon as I get results from a few questions that I have sent to authorities in Australia.

Also, it has been suggested that if this sponsorship deal gets a green light, I sould consider holding a public meeting in the UK......

How about it? your thoughts and comments welcome....?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:43 am
Just Joined

rose.family is an unknown quantity at this point

Only if there's a bar there
Old Mar 30th 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rose.family
Only if there's a bar there
Common, I am more Aussie then a pom, bugger the bar, let's throw a BBQ
Old Mar 31st 2008, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Sent you all a PM, I will be away, but my contact number is in PM, talk when I get back
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 10:16 am
Just Joined

harveyj is an unknown quantity at this point

hi my name is jaymie thornbury and my family and i have been looking to emigrate to australia. my wife is a dance teacher but unfortunately as she does not have a degree in it can only get a visa by having an employer sponser her. i am 34yrs my wife is 32yrs and we have 2 children age 7yrs & 4yrs. i have been at my present job for 7yrs. i work for a very large milk company driving class 1 and class 2 lorries. my drops are multidrops and have worked day shifts and night shifts. i have also been a route coordinator within the company. we are looking to emigrate to the brisbane /queensland area of australia a.s.a.p. i am so suprised that this job is not reconised as a skilled profession in australia. thanks i look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 18th 2008 at 8:20 am. Reason: email address removed, please don't post personal info on the public forum
Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by harveyj
hi my name is jaymie thornbury and my family and i have been looking to emigrate to australia. my wife is a dance teacher but unfortunately as she does not have a degree in it can only get a visa by having an employer sponser her. i am 34yrs my wife is 32yrs and we have 2 children age 7yrs & 4yrs. i have been at my present job for 7yrs. i work for a very large milk company driving class 1 and class 2 lorries. my drops are multidrops and have worked day shifts and night shifts. i have also been a route coordinator within the company. we are looking to emigrate to the brisbane /queensland area of australia a.s.a.p. i am so suprised that this job is not reconised as a skilled profession in australia. thanks i look forward to hearing from you.
Yep, have this on record, will be back in touch later. thanks

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 18th 2008 at 8:20 am. Reason: editing quote to remove email
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

PM sent to all who have made contact, just ask any question either on this post or within PM.

Any other UK Class 1 drivers looking at Australia, please make contact ASAP as there is progress happening.

regards....Skip
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:11 am
Just Joined

amygroom is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent pm hope you can help! Forgot to add we have two children aged 7 and 3. Thanks again for your advice!! Good luck to all truckers trying to get to Oz
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

shade77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sending pm BigWheels but have only just found the site , hope I'm not too late
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shade77
Sending pm BigWheels but have only just found the site , hope I'm not too late
Reply sent
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

amygroom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey bigwheels just wondering why you are so helpful?? You seem to be keeping yourself busy sorting all this out!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by amygroom
Hey bigwheels just wondering why you are so helpful?? You seem to be keeping yourself busy sorting all this out!
Thats exactly what the wife said this week, guess I have been there done that so why not assist others.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

thanks bigwheels, will email you resume and extra details as requested.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

toan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to alltoan is a name known to all

Hi all.
Have spoken to Bigwheels today (Colin),he gave me loads of info on oz,much to what he has posted but in greater detail.He is a wealth of knowledge and i urg anyone interested to contact him prontoHe is sending me some contacts of his for when i arrive in Perth 12th may for recce.I don't need a sponsor, my visa has been granted as i am a bricklayer.Hearing on this forum and friends who live and work in oz,being a brickie,isn't the bed of roses its made out to be.Anyway as i've said ,had a chat with colin and its another avenue for me and my family.As like most people on here i will need to work regularly and every day,driving seems to be a safer, easier earning tool.After all i go to work for the money and am prepared to work doing what pays the bills.
Thanks again Bigwheels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.