Stuff to bring

Old May 14th 2014, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

hunter40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stuff to bring

Hi guys , could just do with a little advice on what to bring over at end of this month ... was just bringing light clothing and buy warmer there for winter ... or is it still cold there ? also i have a good sleeping bag is it worth bringing that or better buying there ?
As for sat navs i have a garmin and a tom tom can i get the maps there for these ? or better sell them and also buy there ?
Any good suggestions on essentials to bring with me from UK ?
I will be based out of Lethbridge and mainly living out of the truck will just hotel it on time off ... cant see point in renting a place if away all the time

Im sure there will be many questions from me and maybe you guys too so thanks in advance for any ideas you can give me
hope to meet up with you all eventually and soon !
Cheers lads ! ... Dave
Old May 15th 2014, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stuff to bring

Im in Calgary at moment and its warm here about 18C ,Winnipeg was 7C today.Clothing ,probably better buying here for winter ,long johns are essential wear in winter when its -40C ,Scotts are the best make (serious).If its a good sleeping bag and you dont mind bringing then bring it,alot of drivers use blankets or duvets,I used to have a sleeping bag.Your sat nav (GPS here) ,I think you can download the maps for North America ,dont know cost.I have a Tom Tom it cost $130 but its just for cars,the truck GPS start at $240 to $500,some give you weather forecast!All depends on how money you want to save or spend.Bring ,school records ,birth certificate,previous employers references from last 10yrs ,army service records anything like that you can think of if you are applying for PR.
Old May 15th 2014, 1:32 am
Just Joined

hunter40 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok thanks .. will bring the bag its good to -13 they say... but never been below 6 with it haha will buy a duvet as well before winter ... will see if i can get map updates here and hope they are as good as ones there .. should all be the same but you dont know my luck lol.
will probably go for pr not sure yet will try get all info together just incase ..
Thanks
Old May 15th 2014, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

Lou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond repute

The usual size of a bed in the trucks is 40 inches x 80 inches so a sleeping bag tends to cramp you when there is no need. A queen size bed-set fits quite well and comes with a thin comforter [duvet]. A couple of fleece blankets will keep out the worst of the Winter cold.
Also when you are living in the truck all the time, its easier to wash and dry a couple of sheets than launder a sleeping bag.