Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default Re: SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Originally Posted by Gremmie
The only truth in this post is highlighted in magenta,the rest is pure assumption on Big Bums part,as always
Answer my question then?
Are you trying to tell me you expect to take home a considerable bit more than $4000/month averaged out over a year?
You don't really think you going to earn your fabled $90k gross which you irresponsibly posted on another website do you?
If you do I would say you will be the best earning Ex-pat by some considerable margin as the highest figure I've seen quoted was $64k gross by a Yanke team driver on the "wages" thread.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kerlynkeo
I will be a good girl.

A previous poster said that Seafood did not pay for their flights as stated in the contract.

I can confrim Seafood just paid us back for Hubby's flight in full.
That was generous of them, took them what 5 months to pay it back even though as a "new arrival" you could do with the money a little bit sooner with the amount of stuff you have to fork out for!!
I certainly hope it doesn't take that long to sort out any queries on your hubbies wages!!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

lilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant futurelilacheart has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Big Truck
That was generous of them, took them what 5 months to pay it back even though as a "new arrival" you could do with the money a little bit sooner with the amount of stuff you have to fork out for!!
I certainly hope it doesn't take that long to sort out any queries on your hubbies wages!!

You don't get it until you pass the 3 month probation, we handed the reciept in about 4 weeks ago.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Answer my question then?
Are you trying to tell me you expect to take home a considerable bit more than $4000/month averaged out over a year?
You don't really think you going to earn your fabled $90k gross which you irresponsibly posted on another website do you?
If you do I would say you will be the best earning Ex-pat by some considerable margin as the highest figure I've seen quoted was $64k gross by a Yanke team driver on the "wages" thread.
As ever BT you know everything better than the rest of us,and by US i mean,THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE AND WORK IN CANADA.
It seems to me your one goal in life is to criticise and pick holes in the lives of others,to try and find fault in what we do,and how we do it.For what reason? is beyond me,but you seem to enjoy it.
Your snide remarks leave me some times breathless,you treat us with contempt and disrespect. You may well be a hero in "Paddy's Transport Cafe"in Belfast, with your second hand knowledge of living/working in Canada
but to me you are nothing more than an annoying fly,that should be swatted!!!!
So end your crussade of mistrust and critic on those of us who do live in Canada today.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

deannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant futuredeannos has a brilliant future

As ever BT you know everything better than the rest of us,and by US i mean,THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE AND WORK IN CANADA.
It seems to me your one goal in life is to criticise and pick holes in the lives of others,to try and find fault in what we do,and how we do it.For what reason? is beyond me,but you seem to enjoy it.
Your snide remarks leave me some times breathless,you treat us with contempt and disrespect. You may well be a hero in "Paddy's Transport Cafe"in Belfast, with your second hand knowledge of living/working in Canada
So end your crussade of mistrust and critic on those of us who do live in Canada today.

Couldn't have said it better myself

You come on here for some advice and help and you get shot down in flames.If you are on your todd it's easy to make a choice as such because if it goes wrong it just yourself to wory about.Bu if you have kids then you need some guidance and pointers, even if the final choice is still down to the individual.But at least you get an idea of what to look for.It's like when you go on holiday to places,they are ok but its a different matter when you live there full time.I hope this made sense.Its not always about money,you have to find a happy medium,if we wanted to be rich we wouldn't be driving for a living.I got into it because i didn't want to be in the same place day after day.

Deanno
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Raquelle will become famous soon enough

Well said Gremmie People who constantly put others down only do so to make themselves feel better about their own insecurities, everyone knows that right? People on here shouldn't have to justify their actions to BT, he doesn't deserve to know about their lives, I wouldn't tell him anything then he will only have himself to argue with, in fact he probably does that already
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:42 pm
Kev and Lisa

Rodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the rough

Yes indeed... well said.

We have stopped posting on any threads that said member gets involved in. There's nowt like proper advise from people liv'in the dream...

Not long now!!!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the moral support Raquelle,Roger Rabbit not to sure if Deannos agreed with me or not,but i'll give him the benifit if the doubt and still say thanks
Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the moral support Raquelle,Roger Rabbit not to sure if Deannos agreed with me or not,but i'll give him the benifit if the doubt and still say thanks

Anytime Gremmie, us normal people need to stick together
Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Raquelle
Uwe use the term normal, quite liberaly,look in the mirror,is that normal
Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:25 pm
PREPARED

pete d is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Raquelle
Blimey,
i leave the site for five minutes and you lot start fighting.
I think you've silenced bt,
for now anyway.............
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Uwe use the term normal, quite liberaly,look in the mirror,is that normal

Whats wrong with the way I look? I thought UWE loved me for who I am not what I look like
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

"Sticks and Stones will break my bones etc etc etc etc"
I really couldn't give two balls of blue what you lot think of me!!!!!
You would know there are ALOT of old women(listen up Gremmie) on this thread there's nothing whatsoever being posted about trucking only ALOT of idle crap!!!!

Lets have some debate for Big boys please?

Now back to Seafood Express and the written fact that 8 days away gets you an average $8.41/hour in you pocket.
Now if Loafy and Chris12 can come back to me after a few trips and tell me "Fordprefects" post was a load of bull there will honestly be nobody happier than me,because believe it or not I've had a phone conversation with Robin Roach too and the guy seems very decent and a sound bloke.
The FACT that I have (only) nine months USA OTR trucking experience,
the FACT that I have a full USA class A CDL truck licence with Hazmat/doubles/triples and the fact that I can exchange it relatively easily for the Canadian trucking equivalent makes me something of a "valuable commodity" as quoted by a well know trucking company recruiter that wasn't SFE!!! (Yes I know I've said before trucking recruiters are the biggest liars know to man!!!)
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pete d
Blimey,
i leave the site for five minutes and you lot start fighting.
I think you've silenced bt,
for now anyway.............
Didn't last long hey.....
Old Oct 24th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

"Sticks and Stones will break my bones etc etc etc etc":
I really couldn't give two balls of blue what you lot think of me!!!!!
You would know there are ALOT of old women(listen up Gremmie) on this thread there's nothing whatsoever being posted about trucking only ALOT of idle crap!!!!

Lets have some debate for Big boys please?

Now back to Seafood Express and the written fact that 8 days away gets you an average $8.41/hour in you pocket.
Now if Loafy and Chris12 can come back to me after a few trips and tell me "Fordprefects" post was a load of bull there will honestly be nobody happier than me,because believe it or not I've had a phone conversation with Robin Roach too and the guy seems very decent and a sound bloke.
The FACT that I have (only) nine months USA OTR trucking experience,
the FACT that I have a full USA class A CDL truck licence with Hazmat/doubles/triples and the fact that I can exchange it relatively easily for the Canadian trucking equivalent makes me something of a "valuable commodity" as quoted by a well know trucking company recruiter that wasn't SFE!!! (Yes I know I've said before trucking recruiters are the biggest liars know to man!!!)
Shouldn't you be out on the town spending all your money that you earn in your wonderful, best paying trucking job that anyone in the world ever had, ever, ever ever Surely with a life as great as yours and what with you being such an amazing, fantastic person you must have better things to do than to hang about on here with all the low paid riff raff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.