British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/seafood-express-loafy-chris12-488210/)

DAVIE_MAC Dec 28th 2007 11:18 am

Re: SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5713052)
Davie he's started a new thread in which he implies hes going through a non PNP route rather the full monty version:rofl:

YEP seen TAR.

Hope yer well dude and enjoying the new job. You seem happy enough.

:D:D

Gremmie Dec 28th 2007 11:58 am

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC (Post 5713962)
YEP seen TAR.

Yeh getting on pretty dam good,hope it stays that way... Hay you should be comming over soon true or false ???? Do you think PEI is big enough for both you and Loafy:rofl:

Gremmie Dec 28th 2007 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC (Post 5713962)
YEP seen TAR.

Dont know if you look at the BTAforum ??? but i write,only as i can,my adventures and exploits whilst on the road, called Spiriting my way arround N.America. Also known as the ramblings of an english trucker. take a look some time Davie if only to laugh at my spelling mistakes:p

andy_sheila Dec 28th 2007 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5714061)
Dont know if you look at the BTAforum ??? but i write,only as i can,my adventures and exploits whilst on the road, called Spiriting my way arround N.America. Also known as the ramblings of an english trucker. take a look some time Davie if only to laugh at my spelling mistakes:p

Got a link mate, i would like to read it as well. I'm glad things are going well for you too, stay safe.:thumbsup:

Gremmie Dec 28th 2007 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by andy_sheila (Post 5714140)
Got a link mate, i would like to read it as well. I'm glad things are going well for you too, stay safe.:thumbsup:

www.*********************.com
could be that the mods edit this out

Gremmie Dec 28th 2007 12:52 pm

maybe this will work
http://www.*********************.com...opic.php?t=107

loafy Dec 28th 2007 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5714188)

Nah it dont work Gremmie, i cant access from that link.
Loafy...:thumbsup:

loafy Dec 28th 2007 11:54 pm

5 Attachment(s)
Ah Chritsmas over and im still fat ish or according to the wife just a nice teddy bear cuddly shape LOL.

Well if any of you coming to the Island have any second thoughts about coming here don't as i have to say it's a joy to live in a place which i tend to quote to most of my folks and friends as Back To The Future and in some ways it is. There is a feel old meets new and it kind of mixes in fairly well most of the time. Shops are shut here on Sundays now so it's quiet on the weekend in town in the day but still all the vibe goes on at night. Most of the Pubs come restaurants have some form of entertainment normally a live Band of some kind, which is weird when you are in the Dubliner and the group are singing Irish songs in a Irish accent and then introduce the next song in a Canadian one,:ohmy:
Your Loonie doesn't go as far as you might think even here and it's easy to spend it as there is always a bargain to be had at most stores. Shopping here is a pleasure in the big supermarkets you can actually move around the place with ease and stand and look at what is available without someone asking if they can just get to this item and no women stood in the aisle normally with 2 kids munching on some E numbers of some sort. Ok i know i shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush some of them are good people of the world LOL.
Thats enough for now so just a few piccies for you to look at.

Have fun all in the Coming New Year.

LOAFY...:thumbsup:

pete d Dec 30th 2007 6:30 am

Nice one loafy, its great to hear it's all still great over there,
How you all coping with your first winter?
Hows SFE treating you? you busy enough?
I ai'nt spoke to anyone over there for a while.
The photos are brilliant, we're very jealous.

Well good luck with the new year.

hope to see you all soon.

Pete:thumbup:

loafy Dec 30th 2007 9:08 am

Originally Posted by pete d (Post 5720341)
Nice one loafy, its great to hear it's all still great over there,
How you all coping with your first winter?
Hows SFE treating you? you busy enough?
I ai'nt spoke to anyone over there for a while.
The photos are brilliant, we're very jealous.

Well good luck with the new year.

hope to see you all soon.

Pete:thumbup:

Ah to much snow shovelling mate me back is in half lol:blink:. I clean the drive nice and go out come back and the bloody snow plough has been up again and i cant get back in due to him blocking the drive off.
Actually it's not that bad just have to wear the right clothes and we had a high of 0 today so felt quite warm, when the sun breaks thru it is really nice.:)
Seafood have been keeping me on the move well and not to much time waiting, spend most of my time doing drops off in New Jersey and reload somewhere local and then run up to Toronto, tip reload and back to Moncton and then home, longest trip was 6 days so not to bad.
Still early days at the mo but getting it together at a fair rate and things are looking ok for future plans. It's a good life mate hope it don't change to much in the coming years. I'm not rolling in it but i never was in the UK so i can't complain at all. We brought over nearly everything from the house in Wales so have not needed to buy stuff which helped no end really. Yeah it cost to bring it but i'm glad we did, even the stuff that runs on 240v is no hassle with convertors.
I think you will be fine here on PEI, YOU work hard have a day or three off with the family and then go out and earn some more, depends how much you need the lolly. If you have a house to sell in the UK and will be able to bring over a quid or two i suggest to buy a place that fits the bill rather than i want that because you can and it's easy to do it too or fall in too.
AHWell here's looking to the New Year eh and see what it brings, should be fun and exciting to see things grow for better or worse.

All the best to you all and see you when you get here.
Happy New Year.

DAVIE_MAC Jan 1st 2008 8:02 am

Originally Posted by loafy (Post 5715608)
Well if any of you coming to the Island have any second thoughts about coming here

Were GLAD to say we are having second thoughts about moving to PEI.

2nd 3rd 4th & 5th and they are all the same thoughts......We can't wait :D

Dude>

Can you tell me which removal company you used please as we're trying to get some info together fro estimates.

Thanks

DAVIE_MAC Jan 1st 2008 8:06 am

Originally Posted by loafy (Post 5700938)
Truck is running well and a good drive but not as refined as european ones, too much noise and the ride is not that great, other than that it's good to be able to move around the cab when you have parked up for a while.

Loafy

Which truck are you driving at the moment then....surely this can't be one of the new Pete's can it ?????????

They look the dog's please don't tell me they are a bit Poo

Where the hell is Chris...have you done him in not erd from him in ages.

loafy Jan 1st 2008 10:16 am

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC (Post 5726775)
Loafy

Which truck are you driving at the moment then....surely this can't be one of the new Pete's can it ?????????

They look the dog's please don't tell me they are a bit Poo

Where the hell is Chris...have you done him in not erd from him in ages.

Hello,
Ah it's just terrible here dont come LOL. The company we used was FOX Removals or Chapmans but i think Chapman are a local firm but part of the Fox group. They were pretty good only one vase and a few glasses broken in all.

Yeah i got a new Pete and they are ok not as refined as European ones, mind you, you will be fine after driving them Scammels and Leylands LOL. Actually i think it depends on how tall you are i'm only 5'9" and find the driving position not to my taste but i have just about got it now. They are great on the open highway but not so cool in town or tight spots, limited steering lock and heavy too. No air pack on the clutch too so can be hard work on your left leg after a while if you have to shunt to get into tight places which is most of the time.

Chris is fine and his family are all over here now. We have all spent some time round his and Bob and Kerrys over Xmas and had fun in the snow trying to sledge down his hill at the side of his house. Lots of laughs and so on.
Had a big load of snow yesterday and even a weather warning on the TV on CBC. Bloody plough blocked my drive again so more damn digging, im glad it's not heavy stuff or my back would be in half. Some piccies to look at.

All the best for the New Year.

LOAFY... & Family...:thumbsup:

loafy Jan 1st 2008 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Rudds1 (Post 5727024)
snip

Thanks i got it now.

Lorna_D Jan 1st 2008 10:35 am

Originally Posted by loafy (Post 5727178)

Hello,
Ah it's just terrible here dont come LOL. The company we used was FOX Removals or Chapmans but i think Chapman are a local firm but part of the Fox group. They were pretty good only one vase and a few glasses broken in all.

Yeah i got a new Pete and they are ok not as refined as European ones, mind you, you will be fine after driving them Scammels and Leylands LOL. Actually i think it depends on how tall you are i'm only 5'9" and find the driving position not to my taste but i have just about got it now. They are great on the open highway but not so cool in town or tight spots, limited steering lock and heavy too. No air pack on the clutch too so can be hard work on your left leg after a while if you have to shunt to get into tight places which is most of the time.

Chris is fine and his family are all over here now. We have all spent some time round his and Bob and Kerrys over Xmas and had fun in the snow trying to sledge down his hill at the side of his house. Lots of laughs and so on.
Had a big load of snow yesterday and even a weather warning on the TV on CBC. Bloody plough blocked my drive again so more damn digging, im glad it's not heavy stuff or my back would be in half. Some piccies to look at.

All the best for the New Year.

LOAFY... & Family...:thumbsup:

Happy New Year to you and yours, it looks like fun :eek: maybe you should invest in a proper snow blower now. Maybe you'd have more fun if you used a sled rather than a hammer to go down the hill, it'll be much more comfortable :p:p:rofl: