Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

PTO's going to Saskatchewan

PTO's going to Saskatchewan

Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:16 am
  #1  
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Thread Starter
 
Lorna_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Regina Beach, Saskatchewan
Posts: 3,885
Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default PTO's going to Saskatchewan

Just thought I'd post info about the manuals Mal has been given, they may be of some use to those coming to drive in the Province.

http://www.sgi.sk.ca/sgi_pub/instruc...l_handbook.pdf

This link takes you to 2006 copy Mal is working off 2007 but couldn't find that on the website


http://www.sgi.sk.ca/sgi_pub/instruc...ake_manual.pdf

http://www.sgi.sk.ca/index.html



Last edited by Lorna_D; Sep 11th 2007 at 2:18 am. Reason: added bit
Lorna_D is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:42 am
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
karla03's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Posts: 681
karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future
Default Re: PTO's going to Saskatchewan

Hiya Lorna,

How are things going in Canada? I hope your well.

Karla x x x
karla03 is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:25 am
  #3  
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Thread Starter
 
Lorna_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Regina Beach, Saskatchewan
Posts: 3,885
Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PTO's going to Saskatchewan

Originally Posted by karla03
Hiya Lorna,

How are things going in Canada? I hope your well.

Karla x x x
Hiya Karla, all a bit surreal at the moment. Staying in the hotel with Mal and trying not to sleep lol. Jet lag really got to me.

There a 8 in Mal's group and they spend a long time either in Yanke or on the road practicing. All a bit sameness for Mal as he has driven in the US before and has a Missouri licence. Just a thought for those he have a US licence as long as it's still in complience they can exchange it for a Canadia but you have to get written information from the DMV in the state. I has to be notarised so get it done before you get to Canada.

Going to pop down the road to get my licence changed - is Sask Brits can just transfer your licence without taking a new test. WAG's don't forget they take photo's there and then so glam up

Mal has passed all his written test is doing is break test etc this morning and has his driving test tomorrow or Thursday. after that we will rent a car and go down to Regina to look at some rentals. I'll let you have the details later.

take care

Lorna
Lorna_D is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:16 am
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
Gremmie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Posts: 4,423
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PTO's going to Saskatchewan

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Hiya Karla, all a bit surreal at the moment. Staying in the hotel with Mal and trying not to sleep lol. Jet lag really got to me.

There a 8 in Mal's group and they spend a long time either in Yanke or on the road practicing. All a bit sameness for Mal as he has driven in the US before and has a Missouri licence. Just a thought for those he have a US licence as long as it's still in complience they can exchange it for a Canadia but you have to get written information from the DMV in the state. I has to be notarised so get it done before you get to Canada.

Going to pop down the road to get my licence changed - is Sask Brits can just transfer your licence without taking a new test. WAG's don't forget they take photo's there and then so glam up

Mal has passed all his written test is doing is break test etc this morning and has his driving test tomorrow or Thursday. after that we will rent a car and go down to Regina to look at some rentals. I'll let you have the details later.

take care

Lorna
Welcome to Canada,shame that your on the wrong side of the Rockies tho hope youre having fun
Gremmie is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:12 am
  #5  
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Thread Starter
 
Lorna_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Regina Beach, Saskatchewan
Posts: 3,885
Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PTO's going to Saskatchewan

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Welcome to Canada,shame that your on the wrong side of the Rockies tho hope youre having fun
Fun! what's that - I am still so tired never had jet lag this bad before even when I flew to San Fransisco

Canadian tele is rubbish, CMT is good and I don't have to pay for it. canadian larger is ok and there are no mountains

There's a great Rodeo bar attached to this hotel but haven't even had the energy to stay up late enough to join the fun. that'll change soon I hope
Lorna_D is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:28 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 233
CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future
Default Re: PTO's going to Saskatchewan

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Fun! what's that - I am still so tired never had jet lag this bad before even when I flew to San Fransisco

Canadian tele is rubbish, CMT is good and I don't have to pay for it. canadian larger is ok and there are no mountains

There's a great Rodeo bar attached to this hotel but haven't even had the energy to stay up late enough to join the fun. that'll change soon I hope
Wow, CMT and a Rodeo Bar! I'm gonna look at Sask for jobs now!

When I was in Texas, I went to a place that had live country music and attached to it was a Bull Riding arena. It was a great night, the kids loved it!

Have tried getting CMT in the U.K., but no satellite company could do it
CHRISRICHES is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:54 am
  #7  
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Thread Starter
 
Lorna_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Regina Beach, Saskatchewan
Posts: 3,885
Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PTO's going to Saskatchewan

Originally Posted by CHRISRICHES
Wow, CMT and a Rodeo Bar! I'm gonna look at Sask for jobs now!

When I was in Texas, I went to a place that had live country music and attached to it was a Bull Riding arena. It was a great night, the kids loved it!

Have tried getting CMT in the U.K., but no satellite company could do it
they used to have cmt on cable and sky then they started charging extra - that was years ago, they probably had no one to buy it so took it off. you can get it on sky radio but they charge you extra for that as well.

One of the drivers went into the rodeo bar the other night and didn't get out until 4:00am he had a good time by all accounts. they have live bands every weeked you'll have to pop in when you're passing
Lorna_D is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:57 am
  #8  
BE Forum Addict
 
Gremmie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Posts: 4,423
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PTO's going to Saskatchewan

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Fun! what's that - I am still so tired never had jet lag this bad before even when I flew to San Fransisco
Canadian tele is rubbish, CMT is good and I don't have to pay for it. canadian larger is ok and there are no mountains

There's a great Rodeo bar attached to this hotel but haven't even had the energy to stay up late enough to join the fun. that'll change soon I hope
OMG are you sooooooooooooooo old I cant talk tho,,,the first 4days i was well and truely creame crackerd,, dont know about tele here i havent signed up yet with Bel view,,i just watch DVD's when ive the time as for the bier,,, ive forgoten to try some,must do that some day
Gremmie is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:10 pm
  #9  
Just Joined
 
taffie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 4
taffie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PTO's going to Saskatchewan

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Fun! what's that - I am still so tired never had jet lag this bad before even when I flew to San Fransisco

Canadian tele is rubbish, CMT is good and I don't have to pay for it. canadian larger is ok and there are no mountains

There's a great Rodeo bar attached to this hotel but haven't even had the energy to stay up late enough to join the fun. that'll change soon I hope
glad u made it.not many of us taffy,s at yanke..
taffie is offline  
Old Sep 20th 2007, 3:18 am
  #10  
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Thread Starter
 
Lorna_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Regina Beach, Saskatchewan
Posts: 3,885
Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PTO's going to Saskatchewan

Originally Posted by Gremmie
as for the bier,,, ive forgoten to try some,must do that some day
ever the joker
Lorna_D is offline  
Old Sep 20th 2007, 3:20 am
  #11  
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Thread Starter
 
Lorna_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Regina Beach, Saskatchewan
Posts: 3,885
Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PTO's going to Saskatchewan

Originally Posted by taffie
glad u made it.not many of us taffy,s at yanke..
Hello, yes we made it ok - Mal is still in orientation but it finishes tomorrow. he has is mentored run then but at this moment he doesn't know with whom or where. We are still at the Travlodge in Saskatoon but have a house in Regina Beach over the winter that should be fun NOT - we'll have to get used to the cold snowy winters.

Give us a shout when you're around
Lorna_D is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.