PR arrived

Old Nov 1st 2014, 5:21 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Posts: 80
Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough
Default PR arrived

Hi all !

I know I shouldnt post this here because its nothing to do with trucking but I just became permanent resident in Canada today and I would like to say a big thank you to all of you for being helpful....

I found some helpful informations here including details about the company that I am working for!

I was celibrating 2 years in Canada last week and obtaining PR in Saskatchewan took me about 16 months since I applied....
I applied after 8 months working here because I was delayed by taking the english test...there was a 2 months waiting time to be tested when I tried to book myself.....

So one big step is behind me and its a big relief for me....
Milanuk is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2014, 11:36 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
grant r's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 170
grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice
Default Re: PR arrived

Originally Posted by Milanuk View Post
Hi all !

I know I shouldnt post this here because its nothing to do with trucking but I just became permanent resident in Canada today and I would like to say a big thank you to all of you for being helpful....

I found some helpful informations here including details about the company that I am working for!

I was celibrating 2 years in Canada last week and obtaining PR in Saskatchewan took me about 16 months since I applied....
I applied after 8 months working here because I was delayed by taking the english test...there was a 2 months waiting time to be tested when I tried to book myself.....

So one big step is behind me and its a big relief for me....
well your a trucker and your in Canada so I think you posted it in the right place
congratulations on your pr
who are you working for? and are they looking for drivers next year? pm me if you don't want to mention it on here.
grant r is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2014, 4:00 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Posts: 80
Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: PR arrived

Its no secret who I work for :-)
I am with Timeline logistic in Saskatoon.
I can only tell you what I heard but I can not guarantee it is true.
It looks like Timeline stoped bringing foreign drivers from UK or any other country.
The guy who was working in Timeline and bringing the drivers is not working there anymore. And it seems to me nobody else knows how to do that.
But Timeline is SINP approved so I could see in the past year they employed drivers who got their nomination in a different company....mainly from Yanke

The owner says he is not bringing any more drivers but he sometimes says something and do something else :-) So I can recomend to give them call once a few months.
My friend had a bad experience with them but he was the only one.
I can not say anything bad about them regarding my PR procedure....I always got everything I needed for my PR application etc....they never tried to delay my PR or what so ever....
Milanuk is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2014, 5:01 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
grant r's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 170
grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice
Default Re: PR arrived

Originally Posted by Milanuk View Post
Its no secret who I work for :-)
I am with Timeline logistic in Saskatoon.
I can only tell you what I heard but I can not guarantee it is true.
It looks like Timeline stoped bringing foreign drivers from UK or any other country.
The guy who was working in Timeline and bringing the drivers is not working there anymore. And it seems to me nobody else knows how to do that.
But Timeline is SINP approved so I could see in the past year they employed drivers who got their nomination in a different company....mainly from Yanke

The owner says he is not bringing any more drivers but he sometimes says something and do something else :-) So I can recomend to give them call once a few months.
My friend had a bad experience with them but he was the only one.
I can not say anything bad about them regarding my PR procedure....I always got everything I needed for my PR application etc....they never tried to delay my PR or what so ever....
ok thanks for the advice
grant r is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2014, 5:27 pm
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
jamesmc's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: MB rural.
Posts: 1,001
jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR arrived

congratulations on getting your pr..
jimmy
jamesmc is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2014, 5:33 pm
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
neilcumming's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Merida Mexico and Calgary Canada
Posts: 1,044
neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR arrived

Well done,now you can get a normal job and a normal life!
neilcumming is offline  
Old Nov 1st 2014, 8:53 pm
  #7  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: High River AB
Posts: 571
neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR arrived

Yep, the test of a good company is how long drivers work for them after they gain PR.
Congratulations BTW.
neilg14 is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 1:06 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 42
Sats72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR arrived

Congratulations Milanuk on you pr
Sats72 is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 12:43 pm
  #9  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2014
Location: Britian
Posts: 1
turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR arrived

good on you milan all the best ...p &s 114
turbo is offline  
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 3:13 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Picture Butte, Alberta, Canada.
Posts: 222
alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR arrived

Well done Milan. We took nearly 10 months just to get nominated in Alberta. Doing Federal stage now.
Still working at Watt & Stewart. They are not hiring at the moment due to the new TFW regulations. Though they have finally realized Peterbilts are garbage & they are buying some new Freightlinets - mainly Corronados.

Go & ask Timeline for a pay rise... See what he says!!
alandoug is offline  
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 1:49 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Lou Skannon's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Steinbach-to-back. Manitoba. Canada.
Posts: 156
Lou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond reputeLou Skannon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR arrived

it's nice to here some good news on here.
well done, milanuk.
Lou Skannon is offline  
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 5:31 pm
  #12  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: High River AB
Posts: 571
neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR arrived

Originally Posted by alandoug View Post
Well done Milan. We took nearly 10 months just to get nominated in Alberta. Doing Federal stage now.
Still working at Watt & Stewart. They are not hiring at the moment due to the new TFW regulations. Though they have finally realized Peterbilts are garbage & they are buying some new Freightlinets - mainly Corronados.

Go & ask Timeline for a pay rise... See what he says!!
HaHa, Peterbuilts to Freightliners, frying pan and fire springs to mind.
IMHO, H&R are getting the right idea, Freightliners to Volvos.
neilg14 is offline  
Old Nov 4th 2014, 9:24 pm
  #13  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Posts: 80
Milanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the roughMilanuk is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: PR arrived

Thank you all!
I am happy its behind me now!

I can see some of you are in Canada much longer. Can you tell me....is anyone here who is still with the same company that he got his PR? :-)

I am still with Timeline....I am not in hurry to leave but I will surely check the job market. Since I am here there is always someone offering me a job. The trouble is I have job offers from other provinces and I am scared to leave. I heard I can be deported if I leave the province so I will check what the oportunities are in Saskatchewan...I know there is plenty....

Good luck Alandoug !!! You will get there !!!
Milanuk is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2014, 12:37 am
  #14  
BE Forum Addict
 
neilcumming's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Merida Mexico and Calgary Canada
Posts: 1,044
neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR arrived

As soon as I got PR I left Paramount Truck Lines .I dont know if it is related but soon after they went bust!I think I can remember about the Manitoba PNP it said you had to stay 2yrs in the province once you gained PR but I have never heard of anyone being sent back because they moved before the time limit.
neilcumming is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:29 pm
  #15  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 42
Sats72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PR arrived

I'm still with the same company and I gotta say I'm happy enough. Don't get me wrong it's not some super company cause people come and go all the time. It just suits me.
As for leaving the province after pr. I think I read on the main forum, someone asked that question, but It was frowned upon and they ended up asking their lawyer, who told them they were fine to move where they wanted once they had pr. Maybe you could search the forum for it.
Sats72 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.