PNP & Training.

Old Feb 10th 2012, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

man240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really nice
Default PNP & Training.

Can anyone help me? If you are going over to Canada through the PNP route, is the company obliged to put you through your truck test? I realise I have to pay for the tests, but what about the actual training?
Old Feb 10th 2012, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PNP & Training.

I can only speak for myself, my company arranged it and paid for it and took it back out of our wages over a number of weeks and i kept the receipts and claimed about 80% back from the taxman.
This is Alberta but I don't know about other provinces or other companies.
I got through the airbrake test, computer & driving test in about 8 days, then a 10 day mentor trip and I was away on my own.
Old Feb 10th 2012, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

man240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really nice

O.K. Neil, thanks for that mate.
Old Feb 11th 2012, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by man240utd
Can anyone help me? If you are going over to Canada through the PNP route, is the company obliged to put you through your truck test? I realise I have to pay for the tests, but what about the actual training?
From what I can gather, its at the companies discretion!! I'm lucky, their paying to get me through mine, some dont, and some want you to pay it back over a period of time! To my mind, If a company wants you and is going to recognize your value to them over a period of time, the least they can do is get you through the test.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

NW Trucker is going to a more reputable company.The usual suspects use the line/excuse,"you need to be able to drive a truck in Canada before being eligable for PNP".Doesn't cost a lot in the big scheme of things when moving here,but the latter type of companies have the lowest retention rate after PR is granted.Typical of the average Canadian Trucking Co,to thick to evolve with modern society,but they serve us expats a wonderful purpose .
Old Feb 12th 2012, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

well ,,i paid for my own training and received 60%back of my tax,,,, rather than the you paying the company back every 2wks and receiving no tax benifit.. .
different stokes for different folks i suppose.
jimmy
Old Feb 16th 2012, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

percio is an unknown quantity at this point

Yankee will pay you for all include hotel and two meals, but expectation are 33cents per mile in team, days 10on/4off, running 22-23hrs - contract 2years. Think twice before you sign in.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by percio
Yankee will pay you for all include hotel and two meals, but expectation are 33cents per mile in team, days 10on/4off, running 22-23hrs - contract 2years. Think twice before you sign in.
F*** that!! lol