Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

ok, so where do i start ???

ok, so where do i start ???

Old Mar 29th 2011, 2:47 pm
  #76  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 315
mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

Originally Posted by Gremmie View Post
And you wonder why people get Pee'ed off with you, yet more BT BS, you dont get treated like a dog, you DO get home you dont sit arround for days and you dont get paid crap wages.
So for the last time to any one who reads any thing written by Big Truck, he talks out his arse, he knows no facts, has never worked here in Canada ( 1 seasone harvesting in the States dont count) he pontificates about things of which he has NO KNOWLEDGE.
Not BS as far as H&R are concerned (plenty of moans on facebook). Still not paying layover for long waits, still not paying layover for breakdowns, still forcing drivers to re-set their hours when not legally required and certainly not requested by the driver only 3 hours from home, etc etc.
I thought maybe my own public bitching may have improved the lot of drivers who followed me, due to the embarrasment of the unpalatable facts I wrote about them, but no, zilch, zero, nada, they still treat people like shit, just don't get a mortgage and thing that PR is a given, becauseI it isn't, and your new life in Canada may turn into a nightmare.

I know plenty of folks who went to Canada, not as truck drivers, and they were treated completely differently as regards working practices and earnings, but the drivers put up with it out of desperation, and even the ones who have been successful must admit that they would not have accepted the crap if they thought they couldn't stay there in the end.
mickfly is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:24 pm
  #77  
BE Forum Addict
 
Gremmie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Posts: 4,423
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

Originally Posted by mickfly View Post
Not BS as far as H&R are concerned (plenty of moans on facebook). Still not paying layover for long waits, still not paying layover for breakdowns, still forcing drivers to re-set their hours when not legally required and certainly not requested by the driver only 3 hours from home, etc etc.
I thought maybe my own public bitching may have improved the lot of drivers who followed me, due to the embarrasment of the unpalatable facts I wrote about them, but no, zilch, zero, nada, they still treat people like shit, just don't get a mortgage and thing that PR is a given, becauseI it isn't, and your new life in Canada may turn into a nightmare.

I know plenty of folks who went to Canada, not as truck drivers, and they were treated completely differently as regards working practices and earnings, but the drivers put up with it out of desperation, and even the ones who have been successful must admit that they would not have accepted the crap if they thought they couldn't stay there in the end.
Again the ramblings of some one who staid 6 months here then buggered orf. Plenty of moans on Facebook, well ive seen plenty of H&R families on FB and none were moaninig.
And as to thinking your own crusade aganst H&R would have any effect, just goes to prove that people have seen you and your hate campaigne
for what they are, the moan's of a bitter and twisted fool that cant stand the fact that he screwed up with H&R. As you admited to me on FB all you had to do was keep ya mouth shut for a few monthes and you and ya misses could be living here where you had both dreamed of.
Gremmie is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:45 pm
  #78  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 750
flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

Originally Posted by Big Truck View Post
There you go then,

prepare(maybe not Westcan but you forgot about Big Freight) to be treated like a dog for 2+ years,never get home,sit around for DAYS UNPAID,crap wages, kiss LOTS of arse and SUCK IT UP!!!!!!!!
Talking drivel again BT.
Took me 17 months for P.R.,worked 10 and 4 or 6 and 2 so good home time for a highway driver,always got layover pay on the few occasions ,37c a mile in 2006,condo cab Volvo VN with TV/DVD,fridge freezer and microwave included,never kissed arse just got on with the job I was paid to do,and visited some great places whilst be paid to do so.
Life is what you make.
flat to the mat is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:56 pm
  #79  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 315
mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

Originally Posted by Gremmie;[QU9271819
Again the ramblings of some one who staid 6 months here then buggered orf. Plenty of moans on Facebook, well ive seen plenty of H&R families on FB and none were moaninig..
The ones who are moaning do not have you or Lyndon as friends because they know you are not trustworthy (so you can't read their walls), and as much as they hate the company, they can't afford to lose their jobs.
Originally Posted by Gremmie;[QU9271819
And as to thinking your own crusade aganst H&R would have any effect, just goes to prove that people have seen you and your hate campaigne
for what they are, the moan's of a bitter and twisted fool that cant stand the fact that he screwed up with H&R. As you admited to me on FB all you had to do was keep ya mouth shut for a few monthes and you and ya misses could be living here where you had both dreamed of.
Not bitter or twisted, just disappointed that this still goes on.
You may think it's ok to treat people like dirt, knowing they are afraid to talk back, I don't.
Yes I could have kept shtum and worked for free, and we would still be there with H&R, but I thought I made it clear.... I don't work for free!
mickfly is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2011, 3:59 pm
  #80  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 315
mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

Originally Posted by flat to the mat View Post
Talking drivel again BT.
Took me 17 months for P.R.,worked 10 and 4 or 6 and 2 so good home time for a highway driver,always got layover pay on the few occasions ,37c a mile in 2006,condo cab Volvo VN with TV/DVD,fridge freezer and microwave included,never kissed arse just got on with the job I was paid to do,and visited some great places whilst be paid to do so.
Life is what you make.
He would be 100% accurate if he were talking about H&R.
mickfly is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2011, 4:26 pm
  #81  
BE Forum Addict
 
Gremmie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Posts: 4,423
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

Originally Posted by mickfly View Post
The ones who are moaning do not have you or Lyndon as friends because they know you are not trustworthy (so you can't read their walls), and as much as they hate the company, they can't afford to lose their jobs.


Not bitter or twisted, just disappointed that this still goes on.
You may think it's ok to treat people like dirt, knowing they are afraid to talk back, I don't.
Yes I could have kept shtum and worked for free, and we would still be there with H&R, but I thought I made it clear.... I don't work for free!
So you know a half a dozen people that have probably over extended their credit and now are blaming every one else for the crap they sit in. Give it in Mick, we all know you have it in for Lyndon and I and want to blame H&R for your failings. But a company that has over 400 drivers cant be as bad as you make out coz other wise they would have 0 drivers. Just sit back and think about it for 2 minutes, in any company you will all ways find a pocket of disgruntled drivers. Who think they are being picked upon, treated un fairly, didnt get the new truck, dont get the good runs etc, etc. And those are the ones you belong to and follow with a passion. Yes H&R may not be perfect but their is not 1 company in North America that is.
Gremmie is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2011, 4:30 pm
  #82  
BE Enthusiast
 
Big Truck's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Belfast
Posts: 627
Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

Originally Posted by flat to the mat View Post
Talking drivel again BT.
Took me 17 months for P.R.,worked 10 and 4 or 6 and 2 so good home time for a highway driver,always got layover pay on the few occasions ,37c a mile in 2006,condo cab Volvo VN with TV/DVD,fridge freezer and microwave included,never kissed arse just got on with the job I was paid to do,and visited some great places whilst be paid to do so.
Life is what you make.

Aye,
dead on,
did they or did they not have to come to Europe to recruit drivers?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Big Truck; Mar 29th 2011 at 4:32 pm.
Big Truck is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2011, 4:44 pm
  #83  
BE Forum Addict
 
Gremmie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Posts: 4,423
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

Originally Posted by Big Truck View Post
Aye,
dead on,
did they or did they not have to come to Europe to recruit drivers?!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whats the relevance of this comment ???? Its no different than all the Paddies that go across the water to work in the UK ??? Or Brits that go to work in Germany, France or Saudi your argument is pretty week.
Gremmie is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2011, 5:51 pm
  #84  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 315
mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

Originally Posted by Gremmie View Post
So you know a half a dozen people that have probably over extended their credit and now are blaming every one else for the crap they sit in. Give it in Mick, we all know you have it in for Lyndon and I and want to blame H&R for your failings. But a company that has over 400 drivers cant be as bad as you make out coz other wise they would have 0 drivers. Just sit back and think about it for 2 minutes, in any company you will all ways find a pocket of disgruntled drivers. Who think they are being picked upon, treated un fairly, didnt get the new truck, dont get the good runs etc, etc. And those are the ones you belong to and follow with a passion. Yes H&R may not be perfect but their is not 1 company in North America that is.

I've said before, the only gripe I had with Lyndon was in his professional capacity, not as a person. He was supposed t be 'driver relations', but he was bosses relations.
H&R have a massive turnover of drivers, and an unusually high number of complaints against them with HRDC, surely it can't be all down to the drivers can it?

As for not getting a new truck... never asked for, or wanted one, mine didn't break down and was clean. Good runs? I would have been glad for average runs, rather than sitting around unpaid.

Last edited by mickfly; Mar 29th 2011 at 5:57 pm.
mickfly is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2011, 8:50 pm
  #85  
BE Enthusiast
 
Big Truck's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Belfast
Posts: 627
Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

Originally Posted by Gremmie View Post
Whats the relevance of this comment ???? Its no different than all the Paddies that go across the water to work in the UK ??? Or Brits that go to work in Germany, France or Saudi your argument is pretty week.
Utter tosh,

I've yet to see a "Beano"/German/French company be so desperate for drivers that they have to jump on a flight to come over here to recruit!!!!

How many times have H+R/BFS and all the other "meat in the seat" OTR Canadian companies flown their "Driver Relations" reps thousands of miles to the UK on the hunt for new blood?

Lyndon(or anybody for that matter) after all this time STILL hasn't the balls to come on here or BTA and tell prospective drivers STRAIGHT what % driver turnover H+R has!!!!

Where are the drivers that are SOOOOOO happy still working for the "usual suspects" AFTER they have gained PR?
Big Truck is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2011, 8:59 pm
  #86  
BE Forum Addict
 
kb33's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Kamloops BC
Posts: 1,023
kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

Originally Posted by Big Truck View Post
There you go then,

prepare(maybe not Westcan but you forgot about Big Freight) to be treated like a dog for 2+ years,never get home,sit around for DAYS UNPAID,crap wages, kiss LOTS of arse and SUCK IT UP!!!!!!!!
I rest my case ...

You sad sad man
kb33 is offline  
Old Mar 29th 2011, 10:36 pm
  #87  
BE Forum Addict
 
Gremmie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Posts: 4,423
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

Originally Posted by Big Truck View Post
Utter tosh,

I've yet to see a "Beano"/German/French company be so desperate for drivers that they have to jump on a flight to come over here to recruit!!!!

How many times have H+R/BFS and all the other "meat in the seat" OTR Canadian companies flown their "Driver Relations" reps thousands of miles to the UK on the hunt for new blood?

Lyndon(or anybody for that matter) after all this time STILL hasn't the balls to come on here or BTA and tell prospective drivers STRAIGHT what % driver turnover H+R has!!!!

Where are the drivers that are SOOOOOO happy still working for the "usual suspects" AFTER they have gained PR?
You really are just so tedious the same BS argument now for over 3 years. Like KB33 says you really are a sad little man.
Gremmie is offline  
Old Mar 30th 2011, 3:54 am
  #88  
BE Forum Addict
 
kb33's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Kamloops BC
Posts: 1,023
kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

http://www.globaltoronto.com/Calgary...747/story.html

Looks like I'm in the right place anyway .

Soooo glad I sucked it up Canadian style ..
kb33 is offline  
Old Mar 30th 2011, 4:15 am
  #89  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 750
flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

Sums it all up nicely.If BT had come out here when he first started posting,he could now be enjoying our Canadian lifestyle Landed,Citizenship,freedom, and all the other benefits this country has to offer,unfortunately he's still bitching from NI.
Obviously not a man who likes to "suck it up".LOL
flat to the mat is offline  
Old Mar 30th 2011, 10:02 am
  #90  
BE Enthusiast
 
Big Truck's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Belfast
Posts: 627
Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

Originally Posted by flat to the mat View Post
Sums it all up nicely.If BT had come out here when he first started posting,he could now be enjoying our Canadian lifestyle Landed,Citizenship,freedom, and all the other benefits this country has to offer,unfortunately he's still bitching from NI.
Obviously not a man who likes to "suck it up".LOL
I have already posted that if I so chose I only need to work 145x12h shifts per year.
I also have one of the best public sector pensions in Europe.

Why would I voluntarily give that up to move to where ever in Canada and work the hours you guys do, with no prospect of pension,security etc etc?

Call me whatever names you want but one things for sure I ain't insane!!!!!

If I had come out 2/3 yrs ago I would have missed the pension cut off and not be able to retire at 50yrs old, you on the other hand will probably have to work into your late 60's!!!!!!!!
God help those pensioners in Canada that have to put up with -30+ and snow for 6/7 months a year!!!!!
Big Truck is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.