Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

ok, so where do i start ???

ok, so where do i start ???

Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: ok, so where do i start ???

I'm not sure , Unless you renew it in AB then transfer over in the new province .
But don't you have one year to renew then have to take the test again. Its more than a year since you went home isn't it ?

send a email of to these people

http://www.drivereducatorsofalberta.com/faqs.html
Old Mar 16th 2011, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kb33
I'm not sure , Unless you renew it in AB then transfer over in the new province .
But don't you have one year to renew then have to take the test again. Its more than a year since you went home isn't it ?

send a email of to these people

http://www.drivereducatorsofalberta.com/faqs.html
Renew then transfer, that's what I thought, but I'll ring the licensing people.

Yes, we've been back in the UK more than a year, but my Canadian Class 1 runs out this month, and I was told I have FOUR years in which to renew it without a re-test, but obviously with a medical.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice

Think I earned $65k that year , but there's potential to earn a fair bit more than that (ie work five days a week )
thanks for the reply kb33, $65,000 sounds good to me.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickfly
I know how to renew it in AB, so the question is, can I do the same in any Province other than where I passed the test?
There's not a Province that will touch you tho
Old Mar 16th 2011, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
There's not a Province that will touch you tho
I know, I tried applying for jobs using your name, and got the same response.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

That is because they were looking for drivers not dispatchers
Old Mar 16th 2011, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Thats coz after my heart attack my Class 1 has been put on hold, until I pass the stress tests & the atomic isotope tests, results pending this week
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Why are you asking these questions ,?? You have no intention (or ever had ) of coming to Canada.

You are jumping the gun ever so slightly!!!

I have a mate who has just sold up his 6 truck quarry fleet, flush with ready cash and has always thought about heading off to Canada.
He has no interest in multiple nights away(young family) and Westcan seem like a good place for him to start.
Old Mar 17th 2011, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Big Truck
You are jumping the gun ever so slightly!!!

I have a mate who has just sold up his 6 truck quarry fleet, flush with ready cash and has always thought about heading off to Canada.
He has no interest in multiple nights away(young family) and Westcan seem like a good place for him to start.
Well point him in the direction of this forum , I am more than willing to answer questions from genuine people on the subject.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Do Westcan still "actively" recruit from the UK and do they have many LMO's to use?

Are they still using those 400hp trucks with B trains over the mountains?!!!!
Will they just not listen that a 600hp+ truck (driven properly) will give them far better fuel returns
?
Closer to 500hp than 400hp !!! I shall pass on your comments to the powers that be at Westcan coz obviously you know waaaaaay more about their buissiness than they do Your countless years of experiance in Canada, your endless knowledge of North American transport leaves us all in total awe of your wisdom... Ooops I forgot you just spent a few months cutting the grass on a John Deere and ran a fleet of 1 truck doing gravel runs in Paddy Land
Old Mar 18th 2011, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Closer to 500hp than 400hp !!! I shall pass on your comments to the powers that be at Westcan coz obviously you know waaaaaay more about their buissiness than they do Your countless years of experiance in Canada, your endless knowledge of North American transport leaves us all in total awe of your wisdom... Ooops I forgot you just spent a few months cutting the grass on a John Deere and ran a fleet of 1 truck doing gravel runs in Paddy Land
With crap like this from you gremmie, why do you wonder that the trucking forum has died on it's arse?
Old Mar 18th 2011, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

With crap like this from you gremmie, why do you wonder that the trucking forum has died on it's arse?
So speaketh Canada's biggest loser...The forums are dead coz the likes of you and BT who keep harping on about how " Bad" H&R Trans are or how bad North American trucking is. I just respond to the crap that you and BT spout off, if either of you can post something factual then i will respond in like, but if your crap continues so will mine
Old Mar 18th 2011, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

my goodness listen at the allmighty,who dont know his arse from his elbow,its people like you that post things they dont know anything about,at least gremmie has done the job knows the job and would still be doing it,not like some who cant do it,i am backing gremmie,three cheers for gremmie.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meritor
my goodness listen at the allmighty,who dont know his arse from his elbow,its people like you that post things they dont know anything about,at least gremmie has done the job knows the job and would still be doing it,not like some who cant do it,i am backing gremmie,three cheers for gremmie.
Shame you have to use an anonymous user name instead of your real name, you sycophant.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shame you have to use an anonymous user name instead of your real name, you sycophant.
Duh 99% of the users have anonymous names on forums you dim wit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.