Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Oilsands Work - help & advice please

Oilsands Work - help & advice please

Old Dec 21st 2012, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Wookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the rough
Default Oilsands Work - help & advice please

I've been trying to get work in the Oilsands and applying online seems to be a complete waste of time. Internet says don't turn up without a job, apply online only etc, yet they also say they are crying out for labour.

I currently am stuck in Toronto working a seasonal job. I can afford to go out there but only if I get a job at the end of it. Has anyone else been in this situation?

I am a DZ driver TDG, H2S awareness but have no eyes or ears on the ground in Fort McMurray. Can you turn up with a fist full of resumes and go door to door? Has anyone done this?

Getting a little fed up of chasing my own tail. Any advice from established workers who have made a successful move? Or any leads, I need a helping hand.

Thank you

Last edited by Wookie Wayne; Dec 21st 2012 at 11:36 am.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oilsands Work - help & advice please

why ft.mac,, plenty jobs in SK&west MB.on the patch. check sk jobs.
or even turn up.
jimmy.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Wookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the roughWookie Wayne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jamesmc View Post
why ft.mac,, plenty jobs in SK&west MB.on the patch. check sk jobs.
or even turn up.
jimmy.
I have looked at Fort McMurray because I had more information on it and I'd be closer to the Rockies if I was to live there.

I don't mean to sound stupid but what towns/employers in northern Saskatchewan are we talking about? Would the money be just as good? Do you have any appropriate links I could follow up on.

Clearly I'd need to do more research and at the moment I have the time.

Thanks
Old Dec 21st 2012, 8:14 pm

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/rep...p&s=0#job_opps
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Estevan and Weyburn in SK , just North of the US border . Yes you can turn up and knock on doors , try Kijiji for those areas .