NSNP

Old Sep 6th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice
Default NSNP

Just a quick question. Does anyone know if Nova Scotia let truckers in on their PNP programme ??

I had a look on their website but theres nothing really specific on it to tell you otherwise? Anyone know of someone from here living in NS as a Truck driver?

Cheers
Old Sep 6th 2007, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future
Default Re: NSNP

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Just a quick question. Does anyone know if Nova Scotia let truckers in on their PNP programme ??

I had a look on their website but theres nothing really specific on it to tell you otherwise? Anyone know of someone from here living in NS as a Truck driver?

Cheers
Hi,

" andy_shelia " live in NS and I know he's a Truck Driver. They also have a blog:

http://c1andy.blogspot.com/

Karla x x x
Old Sep 6th 2007, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Yeah but andy's wife is a canadian citizen, so he can really go were he wants with her.

Strange that noone else is considering that part of atlantic canada for driving...
Old Sep 6th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Right

I'm sure there is PNP for truckers. We tried sending loads of resumes to NB, PEI and NS, but only had a few replys - there loss I guess.

Karla x x x
Old Sep 6th 2007, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Indeed Karla. No probs.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers

Hi Curt

We are waiting for OHs LMO for Nova Scotia, which means we will go out on a Work Permit and then after 6 months we will apply for PNP.

Ask away, if I can help I will, but we aren't there yet

Rosie
Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Rudds1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers
Yes I believe they do!, i have read it somewhere if I come across it I will post it on here, as I don't think it was on this site......

We too are looking in Nova Scotia but have decided to go over in the near future for a few months and buy a property and work things out, perhaps apply for a few interviews while out there. If the six months run out we come back but still got the investment, and return when we can legally can.
Old Sep 6th 2007, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Rudds1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers
Hi Curt
Have a look here! Makes interesting reading, you may have already seen it but hey.ho.

http://www.emigrate2.co.uk/Jobs_and_Money_detail-99.htm

Cheers
Paul
Old Sep 6th 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that mate
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

I sent my application to NS immigration last week and I got an E-mail today saying:

"This is to confirm receipt of your Skilled Worker application under
the Nova Scotia Nominee Program by the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration.
Your application has been assigned file number ####. Please refer to
this file number in any further communication with our office.

Your application will be assessed in due course and notification will be
provided to you in writing as to the results.

We thank you for your interest in the Nova Scotia Nominee Program.

Sincerely"

Ok that makes me feel much better. Hope they assess my application as fast as they got back to me now. I can only hope.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

gaffer40 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by roxye3
I sent my application to NS immigration last week and I got an E-mail today saying:

"This is to confirm receipt of your Skilled Worker application under
the Nova Scotia Nominee Program by the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration.
Your application has been assigned file number ####. Please refer to
this file number in any further communication with our office.

Your application will be assessed in due course and notification will be
provided to you in writing as to the results.

We thank you for your interest in the Nova Scotia Nominee Program.

Sincerely"

Ok that makes me feel much better. Hope they assess my application as fast as they got back to me now. I can only hope.

Good news mate...Sort of makes it official...Hope it all goes smoothly for you.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:02 am
Just Joined

toffeetreacle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We have also received our email stating they are in receipt of our application.
Does anyone have any idea how long this process takes?
Thanks
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gaffer40
Good news mate...Sort of makes it official...Hope it all goes smoothly for you.
Thanks gaffer 40!

So for NS immigration have been realyl friendly. I got an E-mail from a Frances. She told me that I had not included some forms. I emailed her back asking if I could fax them and she emailed me back with a fax number and said that she would keep an eye out for the fax. Once the fax was sent she sent me an e-mail to tell me that she got my fax and thanked me.

Now I had to think...............If she knew I was missing stuff then that means they are working on my application and it is not just sitting around under a pile of other applications. That made me feel even more relaxed.

To answer you question I was informed that it can take up to 4-6 weeks to get thier decision. I have heard others talk of 3-4 months. I guess this is dependent on how busy NS immigration are with applications. I have other province take 4 months but then I hear that NS immigration are actaully good and on the ball. That is refreshing. A speedy response is always appriciated.

If any one out there has recent dealings with the NS Immigration dept we would love to hear from you.

Thanks.