Loblaw

Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Loblaw

Originally Posted by man240utd
come on Dave, seriously.
Sorry to disappoint but no, I haven't seen it mate.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

man240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really nice

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
Sorry to disappoint but no, I haven't seen it mate.
o.k., no probs.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man240utd
o.k., no probs.
There are a couple,one from Saskatchewan Tourism showing Regina in a favourable light,another worth a look is about the GTH(Global Transportation Hub).
Also have a gander on Kijiji Regina,seems to the the best place for finding rental properties.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

man240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really niceman240utd is just really nice

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
There are a couple,one from Saskatchewan Tourism showing Regina in a favourable light,another worth a look is about the GTH(Global Transportation Hub).
Also have a gander on Kijiji Regina,seems to the the best place for finding rental properties.
o.k. cheers mate. I'll have a gander.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

cmetty41 is an unknown quantity at this point

So how much contact have you had with loblaws drivers? How much good feedback have you had? From what you have posted on here the sum total of your research has been with BG ffs. Hardly unbiased is it
Like I said before you are being so naive it makes kindergarten look a good place for your research.
According to your research and figures you are coming to Canada to start work with one of the highest paid jobs here that's why they have so many cowboys with wrap around Stetsons working for them and have to recruit from abroad you are coming here in the very same way poles invaded Britain, with no idea what you are getting yourselves into. Your postings have proved you know nothing about the job, the immigration process or the country
Good luck
Well I will let you all know in the months to follow how I get on thanks for the positives and some negatives but hey life is all about challenges.And CANADA is 2nd to Australia for ex pats I wonder why the look to the UK for workers DOH
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 5:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cmetty41
This was the E mail I received from The Assistant TPT manager for you to see.FACTS talk
Did you not read my post above? Even having something in a written legal contract will give you absolutely no rights in Canada, so really don't rely on something you've been told in an email!

Go for it if you are after an adventure and prepared to give it a go, don't mind a temporary visa and having to return to the UK if you are made redundant, and have enough savings to see you through in any lean times. But don't go for it if you are relying on the figures you've been given, because there are far too many horror stories in the main Canada forums about people being screwed over on TWP's.

Best of luck with it, and if you want any info about workers rights in Canada, what your wife could do whilst there in terms of work etc, or the immigration process (and how you could possibly try and stay if you want to once there), then pop up to the Canada forum and somebody will no doubt try and help.

Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate your help but I am not insulting anyone mate.I have posted on here an E -Mail from the Transport Manager stating the pay.I can also let you know that we will be paid $18 per hour during our 1st 4 weeks of training.Provided with a nice hotel at our own expense,until we find our own property.I am going with what the manager has told me,again I am still waiting to hear any bad feedback from a Loblaws Driver.Surely if it was as bad as some people on here are making it out to be ex employees would be on here telling all.
No luck with Trevor or Shaun,neither at work today.
Reason for no feedback from a loblaw driver is because they don't have any expats working there yet,unless you count the wrap around stetson brigade,but describing them as drivers is OTT.
We're not saying it's that bad,it'll give you all a quick entry into Canada at least,what we are trying to tell you is that it's not as good as you seem to think it'll be.The money will be very average,although you will get profit share and a good benefit package,also you can virtually choose the shift pattern that suits.It's also a relatively clean job as most of the work is pin to pin.
Sounds like you'll be working for free for the first month,deduct your hotel bill,plus meals,there won't be much left in the bank.Rob Davis will be your in house driver trainer,worked with him years ago ,he's a good guy and former SGI intructor,he'll be able to get you through your 1A and LCV tests without too much bother,who pays for them ?
Then it's just a matter of gaining experience and enjoying the trips to the Peg,think there's 3 sets of traffic lights to break the boredom LOL.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Did you not read my post above? Even having something in a written legal contract will give you absolutely no rights in Canada, so really don't rely on something you've been told in an email!

Go for it if you are after an adventure and prepared to give it a go, don't mind a temporary visa and having to return to the UK if you are made redundant, and have enough savings to see you through in any lean times. But don't go for it if you are relying on the figures you've been given, because there are far too many horror stories in the main Canada forums about people being screwed over on TWP's.

Best of luck with it, and if you want any info about workers rights in Canada, what your wife could do whilst there in terms of work etc, or the immigration process (and how you could possibly try and stay if you want to once there), then pop up to the Canada forum and somebody will no doubt try and help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think some of the guys on ere do realise this isn't going to be all plain sailing and other don't as you say above it won't be easy, money not as good as thinking and cost of living in Regina not as cheap as we are thinking. Although I think some gotta go for it and take bull by horns, keep their gobs shut and get on with the job to eventually live a better life than the UK.

Think our situation will be ok, maybe unlike others we've option to come back if not accepted after two years and still have enough money in bank and not leaving and debts behind and just the two of us to begin with, so no worrying about kids and where next penny is coming from to feed em and all.

I think some people need to think long and hard about going out too, as it is gonna be long slog to begin with but i'm hoping in end will be good choice for us, but hope in long run it'll be right choice, only time will tell
Old Apr 4th 2012, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

A voice of reasoning,well done.
Why would you be returning after 2 yrs ? Hubby works for 6 mths,get's nominated by the Province for PR,send off your paperwork and bish bosh all of a sudden you're landed.If you're really fortunate you'll get a working visa at POE,if not,well kick back for 6 months and enjoy the place until you can work.
My wife did that,she still has the same mindset though LOL.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Mona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really niceMona Lisa 69 is just really nice

A voice of reasoning,well done.
Why would you be returning after 2 yrs ? Hubby works for 6 mths,get's nominated by the Province for PR,send off your paperwork and bish bosh all of a sudden you're landed.If you're really fortunate you'll get a working visa at POE,if not,well kick back for 6 months and enjoy the place until you can work.
My wife did that,she still has the same mindset though LOL.
----------------------------------------

Just saying worse case scenario if they wouldn't give us PR we'd have to go home that's all. Thanks for encouraging words though good to hear the good things as well as the bad. As say not going to be easy life to begin with but hopefully all be worth it in the end
Old Apr 7th 2012, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

No luck with Trevor or Shaun,neither at work today.
Reason for no feedback from a loblaw driver is because they don't have any expats working there yet,unless you count the wrap around stetson brigade,but describing them as drivers is OTT.
We're not saying it's that bad,it'll give you all a quick entry into Canada at least,what we are trying to tell you is that it's not as good as you seem to think it'll be.The money will be very average,although you will get profit share and a good benefit package,also you can virtually choose the shift pattern that suits.It's also a relatively clean job as most of the work is pin to pin.
Sounds like you'll be working for free for the first month,deduct your hotel bill,plus meals,there won't be much left in the bank.Rob Davis will be your in house driver trainer,worked with him years ago ,he's a good guy and former SGI intructor,he'll be able to get you through your 1A and LCV tests without too much bother,who pays for them ?
Then it's just a matter of gaining experience and enjoying the trips to the Peg,think there's 3 sets of traffic lights to break the boredom LOL.
Cheers mate.Shaun actually phoned me during the week to clear up a few queries ie pay hours etc.All is good from what he is telling me.Yes the 1st month we have to pay for the hotel although we are being fed and watered at Loblaws during the day.Picked up and collected from the Hotel and Loblaws pay for all our Training.But from what Shaun has told me it does sound like Loblaws are the company to be with in the near future.
Old Apr 7th 2012, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

dustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nicedustyhoward is just really nice

Hello mate ive been looking at rental properties and I've found rentals for 6 months at 875 as where we will be paying 623 a week at the hotel
Old Apr 7th 2012, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Cheers mate.Shaun actually phoned me during the week to clear up a few queries ie pay hours etc.All is good from what he is telling me.Yes the 1st month we have to pay for the hotel although we are being fed and watered at Loblaws during the day.Picked up and collected from the Hotel and Loblaws pay for all our Training.But from what Shaun has told me it does sound like Loblaws are the company to be with in the near future.
Shaun is the recruiter ffs of course he will say that
Old Apr 7th 2012, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dustyhoward
Hello mate ive been looking at rental properties and I've found rentals for 6 months at 875 as where we will be paying 623 a week at the hotel
Mate the hotel we are staying in costs £315 per week as Loblaws got us a reduced rate.Once the training month is over I will be renting for a while seen a good few Rentals in the Regina and outskirts at good prices.
Old Apr 7th 2012, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Shaun is the recruiter ffs of course he will say that
Dave wee man are you saying Shaun is telling lies??? You seem to be getting yourself in a wee Tizzy wee boy calm down and try and relax.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.