Internet on the road

Old Sep 25th 2008, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

happydj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Internet on the road

I have done a search and couldnt find anything s I thought I would start a new thread to ask.

All you truckers, the ones who update blogs, visit BE etc while on the road... how do you access the internet. Do you tend to have a contract via your phone provider or use internet cafe things at truck stops.

Any info would be good - oh and also if it is a wireless date (via phone provider type) who do you use/how much?

Thanks a lot
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:15 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Internet on the road

Originally Posted by happydj
I have done a search and couldnt find anything s I thought I would start a new thread to ask.

All you truckers, the ones who update blogs, visit BE etc while on the road... how do you access the internet. Do you tend to have a contract via your phone provider or use internet cafe things at truck stops.

Any info would be good - oh and also if it is a wireless date (via phone provider type) who do you use/how much?

Thanks a lot
Here's how I used to do it DJ.
http://www.fjcomm.com/internet-hotspots.asp
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by koogar
Here's how I used to do it DJ.
http://www.fjcomm.com/internet-hotspots.asp
Your a star mate thanks!

)
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot
Most truckstops offer internet at a price,approx 25$ a month. But most hotels offer too,,,so i would often park near an,otel and piggy back their service (freebies are allways better). Ive piggy backed private houses and homes so many times and so easily that i sometimes wonder if an account with the F..ing J is worth while
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Most truckstops offer internet at a price,approx 25$ a month. But most hotels offer too,,,so i would often park near an,otel and piggy back their service (freebies are allways better). Ive piggy backed private houses and homes so many times and so easily that i sometimes wonder if an account with the F..ing J is worth while

Yeah good idea - but now im sure someone is going to go on about people privacy and how its illegal (well it is in UK anyway) I thought a mobile data connection would cost alot of money - good to find a way around it!

Cheers matey - hope your well by the way!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Ive piggy backed private houses and homes so many times and so easily

Absolutly...if people can't set up their wifi correctly then thats their look out....he he he

When I was on my BSAC Dive Leaders course we used to sit against the fence at the Sub aqua centre coz there were so many houses incorrectly set up we used to get it all for free downloading weather and tidal charts. People must be at home thinking jesus this connection is running sooooo slowwwww .

Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah good idea - but now im sure someone is going to go on about people privacy and how its illegal (well it is in UK anyway) I thought a mobile data connection would cost alot of money - good to find a way around it!

Cheers matey - hope your well by the way!
Its not allowed never knew that thanks for the heads up shant do it again

thanks for the well wishes,,just got home from therapy..i think they are trying to kill me
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Hows yer arm getting on?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Absolutly...if people can't set up their wifi correctly then thats their look out....he he he
That's a bit like saying if someone leaves their front door open anyone can walk in
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

yeah some might even run in!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kb33
That's a bit like saying if someone leaves their front door open anyone can walk in
You meen we cant do that either
Old Sep 26th 2008, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Illegal isnt a problem until you get caught!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 4:11 pm
Just counting the days...

marcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura aboutmarcustandy has a spectacular aura about

Disclaimer: yeah, it is illegal!!

However, did you see some of the kit available via some of these links??? Power boosters, mag-mount antennas, et al!!

Google War Driving for info.