Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

How long are processing times at Vegreville

How long are processing times at Vegreville

Old Jul 30th 2010, 4:15 pm
Banned

dannyboy1 is on a distinguished road
Default How long are processing times at Vegreville

Hi

I have a a job offer from a company in Canada and even have the
positive LMO. Thing is, when i went to the border to get the
work permit the officer there told me to send it to Vegreville(long story!).
Does anyone know how long it will take how long will it take for
them to give me the work permit?
I hear it can take 90 days before they will even open the envelope?
Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long are processing times at Vegreville

Originally Posted by dannyboy1
Hi

I have a a job offer from a company in Canada and even have the
positive LMO. Thing is, when i went to the border to get the
work permit the officer there told me to send it to Vegreville(long story!).
Does anyone know how long it will take how long will it take for
them to give me the work permit?
I hear it can take 90 days before they will even open the envelope?
Look at the processing times page on the CIC web page, which border refused you ???
Old Jul 30th 2010, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Normally they will issue you with WP when you enter Canada at the Airport.

Some Borders in Alberta are notorious for refusing WP and telling you to get it processed through Vegreville, Coutts is one of them.

If you get it done Vegreville you could be in for a long wait

Have a look here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...vegreville.asp
Old Jul 30th 2010, 6:32 pm
Banned

It was the border at New Brunswick and Main.
I know there is 2 there but i cant remember the name of it.
I think its the busier one.
Im just going nuts waiting around!
Old Jul 30th 2010, 6:38 pm
Banned

Thanks Guys

I had a look on the site. It says for new employer WP's it takes
approx 20 days!

But does that mean 20 days after the 90 day wait period or 20 days
in total?
Old Jul 30th 2010, 6:52 pm
Banned

Another question. It says under the colum " processing applications recieved up to july 2nd" . Does that mean the day it gets delivered by the post man to the Vegreville offices? Or the day the open the envelope?
Its all not very clear.

Thanks
Old Jul 30th 2010, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

It was the border at New Brunswick and Main.
I know there is 2 there but i cant remember the name of it.
I think its the busier one.
Im just going nuts waiting around!
If you go to the border crossing in the town centre of St Stephen they will issue you with a work permit no problems at all. I have been there a few times and they are excellent. (cross to the USA tell them your flag poling to get a WP on re-entry to Canada)

This is of course on the condition you have all the correct paperwork which is your responsibility to produce - Valid LMO, Offer of employment, Valid passport and can prove your eligibility for the employment category your applying for.

You said it was a long story which means you may not be telling us all the info as I cant see why they would refuse there?

I like them there coz we Landed there last Sunday As Permanent Residents Of Canada.... at long last.

Old Jul 30th 2010, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

I like them there coz we Landed there last Sunday As Permanent Residents Of Canada.... at long last.
Congrats Davie

When you leaving PEI ?
Old Jul 30th 2010, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kb33
Congrats Davie

When you leaving PEI ?
Inshallah!!!

Old Jul 30th 2010, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC

If you go to the border crossing in the town centre of St Stephen they will issue you with a work permit no problems at all. I have been there a few times and they are excellent. (cross to the USA tell them your flag poling to get a WP on re-entry to Canada)

This is of course on the condition you have all the correct paperwork which is your responsibility to produce - Valid LMO, Offer of employment, Valid passport and can prove your eligibility for the employment category your applying for.

You said it was a long story which means you may not be telling us all the info as I cant see why they would refuse there?

Grats,, so when do you leave Bulk in search of a proper driving job that pays

Old Jul 30th 2010, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gremmie

"Dont wanna hijack the thread"... but

I left a while ago but not coz of money.

Alan has been doing well and enjoying himself with good runs and when I was there last time also enjoyed it.

Maritime pay is much of a muchness I think really.

Old Jul 30th 2010, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

"Dont wanna hijack the thread"... but

I left a while ago but not coz of money.

Alan has been doing well and enjoying himself with good runs and when I was there last time also enjoyed it.

Maritime pay is much of a muchness I think really.

So you do what now ??? dont be so boody hush hush you aint in the army now
Old Jul 31st 2010, 11:06 am
Banned

Default How long are processing times at Vegreville

I only started this thread to ask the question of how long it took Vegreville
to get back to me with an answer, thats it!
I just had to write the other parts to make a story the little more complete.

I wasnt complaining about how they wouldnt give it to me or any thing like that.

No it wasnt the one at Stephens it was the other one. I remember now alot
of brits saying to me the next day, after i told them, that i should have gone to Stephens, " you would have got it there no problems" they said.

Any way if you must know why the got me to sent it to Vegreville i got refused on the Bunac thing this year, its because i left for Canada before that visa was issued. Think they want you to be in your own country for the whole process and get your visa there THEN come over.

So there's the explanation, not that had anything to do with my initial reason for writing the thread.
Which was to find out how long it took for Vegreville to get back to be with an answer.
And by the way i do have all the proper documents including the positive LMO which i already mentioned.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

I only started this thread to ask the question of how long it took Vegreville
to get back to me with an answer, thats it!
I just had to write the other parts to make a story the little more complete.

I wasnt complaining about how they wouldnt give it to me or any thing like that.

No it wasnt the one at Stephens it was the other one. I remember now alot
of brits saying to me the next day, after i told them, that i should have gone to Stephens, " you would have got it there no problems" they said.

Any way if you must know why the got me to sent it to Vegreville i got refused on the Bunac thing this year, its because i left for Canada before that visa was issued. Think they want you to be in your own country for the whole process and get your visa there THEN come over.

So there's the explanation, not that had anything to do with my initial reason for writing the thread.
Which was to find out how long it took for Vegreville to get back to be with an answer.
And by the way i do have all the proper documents including the positive LMO which i already mentioned.

Good for you then O Danny Boy.. you obviously have everything under control I'll just get back in my box...

Have a good time in Canada....
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 6:56 pm
Banned

Good for you then O Danny Boy.. you obviously have everything under control I'll just get back in my box...

Have a good time in Canada....
Certainly will! And yes you do that! Get back in your box.
And keep your nose out of other peoples business.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.