How do you do it?

Old Feb 19th 2011, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

peskypete is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do you do it?

Well i was looking at the points system on the canada immigration website, and trucking isn't one of there main jobs. How do you emmigrate by trucking, im confused.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

dirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nicedirtytrucker is just really nice
Default Re: How do you do it?

Originally Posted by peskypete
Well i was looking at the points system on the canada immigration website, and trucking isn't one of there main jobs. How do you emmigrate by trucking, im confused.
Hi Peskypete,
Take a look through the Wiki link page and research Long haul trucking. Long haul trucking is usually done via Provincial nominee program which can lead onto permanent residency application after 6 months after landing.
This employment is classed as semi-skilled noc cat c I believe.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

peskypete is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dirtytrucker
Hi Peskypete,
Take a look through the Wiki link page and research Long haul trucking. Long haul trucking is usually done via Provincial nominee program which can lead onto permanent residency application after 6 months after landing.
This employment is classed as semi-skilled noc cat c I believe.
Thanks Also do you know if i became a canadaian citizen would i then be able to move to the US?
Old Feb 19th 2011, 2:21 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peskypete
Thanks Also do you know if i became a canadaian citizen would i then be able to move to the US?
No. As a Canadian citizen you are only allowed to stay in the US a maximum of 183 days a year. Even then you have to file a Form 8840 with the IRS if you do so on a regular basis which I have done for the past eight years.