Help HGV wages

Old Aug 12th 2008, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Roan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help HGV wages

Hi,

We are very new to this site, OH is a HGV class 1 driver with about 7 years exp. we have been trying to get into Aus but to no avail, so we have started to look at Canada. Any help will be appreciated!

I was wanting to know what the pay was like as i thought it would be good as OH would be away for 2 weeks at a time, after reading some posts on here i am not so sure. We have 1 child.

Many thanks for any help.

Old Aug 12th 2008, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help HGV wages

Hi, truck driver in canada are normally paid by the mile, so if you are not turning the wheels you are not being paid, truck drivers can earn good money, if your oh is a long haul truck driver in the UK the money will be about the some if he puts the miles in. He will be away 2 to 3 weeks at a time traveling all over Canada and the USA its a great job is he can but up will the weather out here, there is a lot of snow and ice in the winter so again if he is sat around because of weather he is not being paid. But like I say its a great job I love it and will never be returning to the UK.
Originally Posted by Roan
Hi,

We are very new to this site, OH is a HGV class 1 driver with about 7 years exp. we have been trying to get into Aus but to no avail, so we have started to look at Canada. Any help will be appreciated!

I was wanting to know what the pay was like as i thought it would be good as OH would be away for 2 weeks at a time, after reading some posts on here i am not so sure. We have 1 child.

Many thanks for any help.

Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Roan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help HGV wages

Many thanks Vicky & Steve!