H & R Transport

Old Aug 26th 2007, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H & R Transport

Hi lyndon,well you have just said in pricible the same as me,as Loafy said my answers tend to be shorter and directer,due to my Swiss influence
But what ever we say or write,thier will always be some one who knows better,although they live thousands of K's away. Threads will continued to be soiled by such people,:curse:
As for myself i ignore them,i take no heed of them,i just read on by. This is "your"thread your baby. Hopefuly the niveau will rise once again,dont give up....
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Scott66
What I have been told though is that the people who recruit you i.e. the ones that carry out the interviews then......OFFER YOU THE JOB !!!! are being paid around £250 per driver they recruit

How many people have been turned down for work who have gone to an interview with H&R or any of the other companies constantly mentioned on BE.
If you can hold a truck steering wheel any OTR company will offer you a job!!!
Out of all the posts on BE about trucking in Canada the only guy to be turned down by ONE company was "Silent Whispers"!!!!!
If you don't do drugs/turn up for interviews drunk/have one years class one experience and don't have "SKINZ" tattooed on your forehead,any of the OTR companies will fall over themselves to offer you a job!!!

P.S. Steve Whitaker from H+R recruiting gets either £250/$250 per new UK driver.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Lyndon,
I agree with most of your sentiments in your last post and I was going to send you this piece of "advice" via PM but to hell with it I'll post it:
Maybe there are very few other H+R drivers on BE but you can be very sure ALOT of your bosses are!!:
There used to be a very good "Trucknet Canada" website (now since closed down) that contained top class info right back to the first guy's who went over on the "experimental" long haul PNP's back in 2003/2004.
A good number of them started what we now call "blogs" and they where fantastic reading BUT, they did speak about the good times and the bad and within the first 12 months the bad times got worse and the flow of information stopped.
Quite a few people now know that the "powers that be" from the said OTR companies where reading the blogs too and it dosn't take a brain surgeon to work out the "craic",
Just be carefull.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Quote from a H+R driver who's been there from Spring 2006 and as far as I'm aware is still there:

the dutch are not controling the trips,nor will they ever do,but they do tell the dispatchers what they can do with some of there trips,one thing about the dutch most of them are straight in the bosses face and tell him what it is,
they get the same crap as any body else,and believe me they get it.
please dont forget the canadians they pull most of the strings round here.

one thing about working in canada there is no easy money,non at all,its a totally different job to working in the uk or europe,anybody who thinks that coming over here is going to be easier than the uk is in for a right shock,but on the other hand every where one goes to pickup or tip the people there are allways allways happy to see you and get you on your way one way or another as quick as possible.i could go on all daytrying to explain what it is over here,its no party its all work.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

september is an unknown quantity at this point

ONCE AGAIN little truck give's his opinion, we don't want to see you on this thread ever again.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 2:03 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by september
ONCE AGAIN little truck give's his opinion, we don't want to see you on this thread ever again.
I second that.
C'mon Biiiiiiink/mods, despite most of us biting our tongues and trying our best to ignore the troll he persists in trying to goad everyone into an arguement.
it's time to ban him methinks.
Andy
Old Aug 26th 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
I second that.
C'mon Biiiiiiink/mods, despite most of us biting our tongues and trying our best to ignore the troll he persists in trying to goad everyone into an arguement.
it's time to ban him methinks.
Andy
I am not a troll, you have got your facts wrong again!!!!
Even "Gremmie" does not know that he's posted recently some website addys from the WIKI pages that I provided there,
and since when have the rules been changed that would allow a mod to ban someone when they are telling the TRUTH and without INSULTS?!!!!!!!
I know its hard to take but what I post is MY OPINION weither people like what they read or not I couldn't give two balls of blue and there are no rules against that.

P.S. somebody likes me check out my karma!!!!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 3:02 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
I am not a troll, you have got your facts wrong again!!!!
Even "Gremmie" does not know that he's posted recently some website addys from the WIKI pages that I provided there,
and since when have the rules been changed that would allow a mod to ban someone when they are telling the TRUTH and without INSULTS?!!!!!!!
I know its hard to take but what I post is MY OPINION weither people like what they read or not I couldn't give two balls of blue and there are no rules against that.

P.S. somebody likes me check out my karma!!!!
"If you can hold a truck steering wheel any OTR company will offer you a job!!!
If you don't do drugs/turn up for interviews drunk/have one years class one experience and don't have "SKINZ" tattooed on your forehead,any of the OTR companies will fall over themselves to offer you a job!!!"

Just one recent post by you that is so far from the truth it's not funny.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has run its course
Old Aug 26th 2007, 4:15 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

We ask that people adhere to the site rules, especially rule 1
BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.