H & R Transport

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: H & R Transport

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Some people would claim I'm always giving out the "negative vibes", (only about OTR trucking really) just to prove them wrong here are two of the best trucking companies in BC from someone who's supposed to know nothing because I'm still in the UK:
www.dctchambers.com
www.glentransport.com
Decent equipment,decent shifts and above all HOURLY wages!!!
And pray tell us inferdels,what is your first hand knowledge & experience of these 2 fine and upstanding companies. Or did you just find them in the BC transport Assocs web list
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:37 pm
swoops

swoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to all

Cheers for the Links...
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
And pray tell us inferdels,what is your first hand knowledge & experience of these 2 fine and upstanding companies. Or did you just find them in the BC transport Assocs web list
Don't even know where to find that list and please don't even try to say that Westcan have a better rep,think Renault Premium V's Scania R620!!!!
I have a few more contacts in Canada than you think!!!!
Sure you know so much you think Westcan operate all over Canada!!!!!!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Bla bla bla,bla bla
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Gremmie;5227879]Bla bla bla,bla bla[/QUOTE

Put it this way,
You stated on this very thread that Westcan say you will earn $42k-$50k year,thats just approx $35k (£17.5k) after tax,
I couldn't survive on that single let alone with a family especially in BC.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:16 am
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Lyndon,
I can't work out if you teamed/rode shotgun on your first trip or "shadowed" with a second truck?
Have you worked out how much you would of earned doing that trip proper?
Ref Loafy's post about the truck training costing $3700,are you paid by H+R whilst taking this training or is it off your own bat and did you think it was worth $3700 sice you are eventually picking up the bill?
Hi BT

Theres nothing to work out my friend, its a "mentored trip" which means i do a normal trip down to Canada, we did 1 tip and 2 collections around the Sacremento area then back up to Lethbridge, we share the driving so when i am driving i am getting used to the truck, conditions and routes, then when i am in the passenger seat i am doing paperwork, operating the satelite and planning legs of he journey, think of it as on the job training and before you ask, no i dont have my own truck yet, that was Jacs truck. H & R have promised me a truck but acording to current sentiment they will proberbly make me provide my own, oh well wait & see i guess

By the way Mick, the paint brush is for the drivers second job so we can make ends meet.

EDIT: note to self: i really must read posts properely before responding, BT

Yes i do think $3700 is expensive since on H & R pay it will take me 150 years to pay it off, doesnt matter though coz more than likely i will be back in UK within 3 months.

Last edited by Lyndon001; Aug 24th 2007 at 5:30 am.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lyndon001
Hi BT

Theres nothing to work out my friend, its a "mentored trip" which means i do a normal trip down to Canada, we did 1 tip and 2 collections around the Sacremento area then back up to Lethbridge, we share the driving so when i am driving i am getting used to the truck, conditions and routes, then when i am in the passenger seat i am doing paperwork, operating the satelite and planning legs of he journey, think of it as on the job training and before you ask, no i dont have my own truck yet, that was Jacs truck. H & R have promised me a truck but acording to current sentiment they will proberbly make me provide my own, oh well wait & see i guess

By the way Mick, the paint brush is for the drivers second job so we can make ends meet.

Yes i do think $3700 is expensive since on H & R pay it will take me 150 years to pay it off, doesnt matter though coz more than likely i will be back in UK within 3 months.
Just to clear up any confusion,
Loafy DID say in his original post that the training was £1850 not $1850 which he stated in his response to me,thats where the $3700 figure came from as I just done the usual double it to $cdn.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi BT

Love the sarcasm,this post could have come from my fair hand
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Love the sarcasm,this post could have come from my fair hand
No way,
There aren't enough spelling mistakes!!!!!!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

ejbsom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BT

i feel you are the best person to ask as you have been there and are STILL doing it. My o/h has interview in oct/nov with H and R they have pretty much told him they will want him over jan/feb 08. been speaking to annette kooistra and a couple of others there. they said looking at his resume they cant see any reason why he wont get the job. being optomistic i know but is there any other way to be. especially after hearing there was another shooting last night. is there a day goes by now when someone isnt murdered. Bloody country. any way can you give me some information/advice as to what the prodecdure is once job offer is received and is going out early 08 do able. any help received with much thanks. ps whats lethbridge like is it expensive, keep hearing groceries are expensive we spend about £150+ a week, could it really be more expensive than that. hope you are still enjoying it keep living the dream cant wait to get there cheers
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ejbsom
i feel you are the best person to ask as you have been there and are STILL doing it. My o/h has interview in oct/nov with H and R they have pretty much told him they will want him over jan/feb 08. been speaking to annette kooistra and a couple of others there. they said looking at his resume they cant see any reason why he wont get the job. being optomistic i know but is there any other way to be. especially after hearing there was another shooting last night. is there a day goes by now when someone isnt murdered. Bloody country. any way can you give me some information/advice as to what the prodecdure is once job offer is received and is going out early 08 do able. any help received with much thanks. ps whats lethbridge like is it expensive, keep hearing groceries are expensive we spend about £150+ a week, could it really be more expensive than that. hope you are still enjoying it keep living the dream cant wait to get there cheers
I thought exactly the same when I read about that 11 year old boy. We will move out of this country, as I do not want my children beeing raised here anymore, and thinking of their future. (lots of other personal reasons too, but things like this make us more determined)

Hope the interview goes o.k., where is it at?

I was going to apply for the SW, but now pretty sure I will apply for driver or mechanic jobs, then if I get a job offer and a LMO, apply for work permit, then if all goes to plan apply for PR after a year or so.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Ok boys sorry about that post where i said it pounds GB and should of been dollars CDN. My fault i didnt notice it.

Pease forgive me

LOAFY...
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

citicat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the rough

Well i have sorted my self a driving job out home each night $23.25 per hour then time and a half after 9hrs,

Nooooo wayyyyyy will i work for H&R after what i found out whilst over there in lethbridge,

Sorry if this offends but remember i went see them and talked to the drivers and seen the wage checks and 1 of the drivers is coming back to the uk with me on sunday completely skint but he loves driving in canada,

Please please go to H&R before you move out to lethbridge i thought paradise was with H&R, Or as others may say i am a moaning driver because i wont say the company is lovely,

typical mortgage lethbridge 3 bed detached $250.000
h&r wage $45.000 x 3.50 =157.500 so mortgage would get you trailer park home thats if your road wheels are moving constant,

google trans ex in lethbridge most drivers jump ship to this company i found out whilst there.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 3:19 am
Banned

Lyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant futureLyndon001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ejbsom
Hi and thanks for the compliment

Okay first of all before i answer your question i just want to remind everybody that i have only been in the country for one month, ive done all my driver training, passed my class one and all the theory tests that goes with it.

I am on my first mentored trip wich was down to California and i get back into Lethbridge tomorrow lunchtime then next week i do a 3 day orientatio then next weekend i should be off over the mountains for my last mentored trip.

I started earning from Monday and i think i recieve my 1st paycheck next week and im hoping to get my truck sometime the following week.

I have read all the posts on this thread and i have to admit i neither agree nor disagree, the simple reason is because i haventseen any evidence to prove or disprove anything.

I have been advised by drivers who are doing well out here not to listen to the bar room lawyers in the Sandman, but there again im sure Citicat will disagree, and proberbly quite rightly too. Hes obviously heared things that i havent and experienced things that i havent.

All i can say is that i will post things that happen to me and report on what i see, i dont have anything to gain or lose by doing this, H & R dont pay me a comission for luring por unsuspecting drivers into their evil clutches.

If anyone wants to know what the company is like, if its all a big scam and if the wages are $250 after tax, insurance, beer and burgers just keep reading and i will let you know as soon as i know myself.

If it true what all the doom sayers are saying then just watch this space but until then i am going to carry on my little sightseeing adventure around the states as part of the Big Red Team.

Now please excuse my while i clean my rose tinted specs.

Oh yes about Lethbridge, we think its great, all the amenities of a city but still a friendly atmosphere, no traffic congestion to speak of, very low crime rate and not too far from the Montana border.

If you still want to shop and eat like a Brit then you will find it expensive, we actually find it a little cheaper than UK as we shop and eat like canadians. We have found that Canadian Superstore is the cheapest, last week we bought a whole hog of pork chops (about 20) for $27. Presidents Choice noodle soups are about $1.30. im sure i posted this lot earlier so i apologise for repeating but beef is cheap, pork is cheaper, lamb is the same as UK and chicken isnt cheep (scuse pun) We eat really well and spend less than we did in UK. Eating out is about half what you pay in UK, gas is $1.05 litre in Raymond Fas Gas, clothes are about the same, work clothes are expensive. Houses are much cheaper than UK and so are cars but car insurance is very expensive, almost doble what you pay in UK, bear in mind you wont have any no claims bonus !!!!!!!!!!!

Utility bills are a litle cheaper and alcahol is about the same or a litle more expensive. Gravy is hard to find but when you eat out you normall get free refills on your soft or hot drinks.

Hope i covered everything, my eyelids are getting heavy as we covered a lot of distance today and i can hear the bunk calling me

Lyndon Lomanovskis reporting for Britishexpats, somewhere in Montana

Last edited by Lyndon001; Aug 25th 2007 at 3:37 am.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 3:44 am
Banned

Originally Posted by citicat
Well i have sorted my self a driving job out home each night $23.25 per hour then time and a half after 9hrs,

Nooooo wayyyyyy will i work for H&R after what i found out whilst over there in lethbridge,

Sorry if this offends but remember i went see them and talked to the drivers and seen the wage checks and 1 of the drivers is coming back to the uk with me on sunday completely skint but he loves driving in canada,

Please please go to H&R before you move out to lethbridge i thought paradise was with H&R, Or as others may say i am a moaning driver because i wont say the company is lovely,

typical mortgage lethbridge 3 bed detached $250.000
h&r wage $45.000 x 3.50 =157.500 so mortgage would get you trailer park home thats if your road wheels are moving constant,

google trans ex in lethbridge most drivers jump ship to this company i found out whilst there.
Hiya

just interested who you will be working for, i heared about the drivers who went to TransEX, i only got the story second hand a day or two ago and i havent spoken to anyone whos done it yet so for me for now its a case of gob shut, ears open.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.