H & R Transport

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: H & R Transport

Hey Lyndon

That paintbrush on the dash I hope is for dusting the cab with ....or is it something else.

I hope they don't have you patch painting your wagon while out on the road like being back in the Army that mate !!!!

Keep the pics coming keep yer chin up and all the best dude.

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
To Julieand Chris,i have a family and pay 1500$ a month alimoney
Gremmie,
I know you haven't much time for me but I'm intrigued,
I think I'm right in saying your are out there "young free+single" so to speak?
If so,what made you choose Westcan Bulk over all the others (most seem to choose them because of family friendly/shorter days away before time off) as you will be limited to western Canada only in your runs when most of the other carriers would see you getting runs all over Canada and down into the States.
If you are single will you not regret being able to take on the "longer" runs OTR than just BC/AB/SK/MN with Westcan?
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Lyndon,
I can't work out if you teamed/rode shotgun on your first trip or "shadowed" with a second truck?
Have you worked out how much you would of earned doing that trip proper?
Ref Loafy's post about the truck training costing $3700,are you paid by H+R whilst taking this training or is it off your own bat and did you think it was worth $3700 sice you are eventually picking up the bill?
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough

Hi Guys,do you know that if i visit the Canadian Embassy with my work contract and LMO will they issue me with my work Permit there and then,or do i have to wait,if i have to wait,do you know how long.My intake date is 1st Oct.Ive come onto this site because i have found it very helpful and a few have been through what im going through now,i am a little worried,im focused and will give it my best shot,the issues that have been discussed on this site have without doubt opened my eyes.I will be trucking with Edge in Sask.i was offered work with Westcan.Gremmie i envy you,Kamloops is superb.i have friends who live in Kelowna and Pritchard, I guess you will be skiing Christmas day.Lyndon your feedback is very helpful,the info you give regarding the Flying J sites,superb.I thankyou all for for the input on this site.Phil
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Big Truck
Lyndon,
I can't work out if you teamed/rode shotgun on your first trip or "shadowed" with a second truck?
Have you worked out how much you would of earned doing that trip proper?
Ref Loafy's post about the truck training costing $3700,are you paid by H+R whilst taking this training or is it off your own bat and did you think it was worth $3700 sice you are eventually picking up the bill?
Hi BT,
I wrote that the training cost $1850 and you pay that back over 12. You are on full pay whilst on your mentor trip and i was told that it was two men one truck to California and back and then over the hills to vancouver,but no pay while you do the truck test training.
The $3500 was for the cost of immigration to VRV for a family of four.
You sure you read that post properly mate,lol, maybe you needs my glasses.

LOAFY...
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 2royalgreenjackets
Hi Guys,do you know that if i visit the Canadian Embassy with my work contract and LMO will they issue me with my work Permit there and then,or do i have to wait,if i have to wait,do you know how long.My intake date is 1st Oct.Ive come onto this site because i have found it very helpful and a few have been through what im going through now,i am a little worried,im focused and will give it my best shot,the issues that have been discussed on this site have without doubt opened my eyes.I will be trucking with Edge in Sask.i was offered work with Westcan.Gremmie i envy you,Kamloops is superb.i have friends who live in Kelowna and Pritchard, I guess you will be skiing Christmas day.Lyndon your feedback is very helpful,the info you give regarding the Flying J sites,superb.I thankyou all for for the input on this site.Phil
Hi phil.
Good to see you on here again,
This is i how understand what happens to most who go out on the PNP. When you have your LMO you need to send it to the Embassy and they then issue you with a letter of confirmation and you then can fly to Canada. when you get to your point of entry you then do immigration and they issue you with the work permit normally from there. Ask Lyndon he has done it but that is what i believe is the routine.
Other than that you ring edge up and see what they say to do.

LOAFY...
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by loafy
Hi Gremmie,

The only difference between Yanke and H&R is that you do have to pay for your training as they use an outside driving school which is £1850 which H&R pay and then you pay back over 12 instalments so no big deal there thou some might argue that fact.

HE HE LOAFY...
Now loafy you did tempt me to argue and yes I did READ the post, slip of the keyboard I know but if its $cdn thats not too much dough I suppose.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough

Cheers Loafy,yes i am still here,i have enjoyed reading the input on this thread,seeing the pictures Lyndon has put up reminds me when i was at the Border a couple of years ago,its a pain in the Butt getting through,i went on a trip from Sask to St Georges right the way down highway 15 to St Georges,then a pickup at Grand Junction-Colorado.superb trip,loved it,the flying J's truckstops-very good,so much better than ours,that particular trip is inspiring me,i appreciate the comments/issues mentioned on this thread, i know what is ahead of me and what will be required,im pretty sure we will bump into each other,when i stop at the flying J's i shall shout out the names of people who have been on this thread.Phil.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Gremmie,
I know you haven't much time for me but I'm intrigued,
I think I'm right in saying your are out there "young free+single" so to speak?
If so,what made you choose Westcan Bulk over all the others (most seem to choose them because of family friendly/shorter days away before time off) as you will be limited to western Canada only in your runs when most of the other carriers would see you getting runs all over Canada and down into the States.
If you are single will you not regret being able to take on the "longer" runs OTR than just BC/AB/SK/MN with Westcan?
Young free and single !!!! me ???? I so to speak didnt choose Westcan,i chose Kamloops it just so happens that WBT are here I'm not to fussed about doin USA,i think Canada's plenty big enough to explore. As to work scheduels days on and of ect. Westcan seem pretty flexable so i can put together a "menu" of work that suits me. Spoke to an older driver and he works just 8months a year,(48k)last year,the other 4months he's ridding his Harley :wub or fishing
I know you haven't much time for me , Well you must admit some of the things you wrote were'n't excactly faktuel,civil,or helpful and some times a bit childish.!!! We're not in the school play ground any more fighting over marbles or who has the best conckers
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

I know you haven't much time for me , Well you must admit some of the things you wrote were'n't excactly faktuel,civil,or helpful and some times a bit childish.!!! We're not in the school play ground any more fighting over marbles or who has the best conckers

Gotta say that's one of the most funniest things I've read on here .

Gremmie .....You make my day
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 4:37 pm
swoops

swoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to all

Hi Gemmie,
I was in Kamloops area on a recce trip in April..all I seem to see were Arrow Transport, we didn't get much chance to check them out..any Idea what they are like..I've seen there local Adverts on the net eg: day driver $21.00 hr..that seems good dosh to me..http://www.arrow.ca/
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Now loafy you did tempt me to argue and yes I did READ the post, slip of the keyboard I know but if its $cdn thats not too much dough I suppose.
See it is so easy to do it is it not, just one slip and everyone is on your back,
Yeah it's not to much money to lay out which is helpful in the first few months of being out there and settling in.

All the best
LOAFY...
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kb33
Gotta say that's one of the most funniest things I've read on here .

Gremmie .....You make my day
One does ones best
To swoop, there are hundreds of companies in this area,not just Arrow who do wood chip bulk transport,DHL,CPX,Canadian Freight,Westcan,Trimac,ect.ect
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by swoops
Hi Gemmie,
I was in Kamloops area on a recce trip in April..all I seem to see were Arrow Transport, we didn't get much chance to check them out..any Idea what they are like..I've seen there local Adverts on the net eg: day driver $21.00 hr..that seems good dosh to me..http://www.arrow.ca/
Swoops check out this web site
www.bctrucking.com
under home on the left of page is transportation link then trucking

Use BCTA's on-line search engine to find a trucking company that meets your shipping needs. Whether you want an envelope transported from one end of Vancouver to another or to move truckloads of freight across North America, our members can serve all of your transportation needs.

1 Commodity -> Automobiles Chemicals Chips / hog fuel Consumer products Dangerous goods Dressed lumber Farm products Food products Fuel General freight Household goods Logs Log homes Machinery/equipment Recyclable Material Scrap Special waste Waste Other
2 Destination -> Canada ALL ------------ British Columbia Alberta Manitoba Saskatchewan Ontario Quebec New Brunswick Nova Scotia Newfoundland Prince Edward Island NorthWest Territories Yukon ------------ US All ------------ Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming ------------ Mexico International
3 Type of Equipment -> Air Freight Chinatop Container haulage/drayage Courier Crane Service Dry Bulk Dump Truck Flatdeck Heavy Hauling Intermodal Tractor Service LTL General Freight Light Delivery Long log hauling Pole Trailers Refrigerated Service Short log hauling Special waste Tank Truck Service Tow Truck Tractor Service TL General Freight Other
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by swoops
Hi Gemmie,
Some people would claim I'm always giving out the "negative vibes", (only about OTR trucking really) just to prove them wrong here are two of the best trucking companies in BC from someone who's supposed to know nothing because I'm still in the UK:
www.dctchambers.com
www.glentransport.com
Decent equipment,decent shifts and above all HOURLY wages!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.