Exchanging licences

Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice
Default Re: Exchanging licences

Whats the total weight of that Yoke Davie?
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Whats the total weight of that Yoke Davie?
That one around 90ish ton

The HET loaded with a Challanger2 fully bombed up your looking at around 120 ton give or take

Loads of jobs going if your interested....
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Yep they dont pay by the mile either!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dinger24
Yep they dont pay by the mile either!
Nope they pay by the hour.... which is what we all want to bring into Canada...hourly pay.

Err hang on

As we in the forces are always told were supposed to be on call ready to go and paid 24/7 365 days a year that works out approx:

£3.75 per hour....

And Canadian truckers think they got it bad.

Old Big Truck would have a fit...Those were the days of BT
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by coritani
But you wouldn't be just changing your Australian one for a British licence would you? You'd be asking for your original British hgv licence back that you obtained before you went to Australia in the first place. We know that we cannot swap a Canadian class one for a British class one, but we can surrender the Canadian driving licence to the DVLA and get our British licence back with all the classes that we have passed in Britain, regardless of whats on the Canadian one, or an Australian one?

What I mean is, I'm not getting C+E put on my licence because I have a Canadian class one, I'm getting a British C+E entitlement back because I passed and held that class before I even went to Canada. I'm not sure what your situation is/was. Did you have a British class one licence before you went to Australia or did you only get your first one in Australia and then try and get it swapped like for like when you returned to the UK later on?

My own position is different, I was born in UK but lived since young in Australia - I have Aussie full license (Did have) and just over 4 yrs ago I came to UK, and even thoe I have over 35 yrs of your UK class 1 driving, I got for all my Aussie experience just a flipping UK car license.

Thats why I posted that link and info.

Now, I have asked directly to Australia stating:

Need urgent a replacement as lost mine.

Australia said: we have been informed by the DVLA that you surrendered the Australian, but if you return and re-apply within 10-yrs we will re-issue it.

Now, after giving the idiots at the DVLA my forms, if I had only reasearched beforehand, I could of visited out of the EU - 5 countries and just walked in and fully exchanged my Aussie.

But, thinking the UK was honest and would give Aussies a changeover license in existing classes held, I went ahead and posted the medical / D1 and other crap plus my Aussie off thinking all was OK.

Live and learn.......like the old saying - If you think you know the answer, just wait till someone else stuffs the result up.

Either way, dont get caught, if you think its as easy as walk back into the UK and get your full existing (What you had) back as this DVLA are much like the FBI or Secret Service (A law of their own)......
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

coritani is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
My own position is different, I was born in UK but lived since young in Australia - I have Aussie full license (Did have) and just over 4 yrs ago I came to UK, and even thoe I have over 35 yrs of your UK class 1 driving, I got for all my Aussie experience just a flipping UK car license.

Thats why I posted that link and info.

Now, I have asked directly to Australia stating:

Need urgent a replacement as lost mine.

Australia said: we have been informed by the DVLA that you surrendered the Australian, but if you return and re-apply within 10-yrs we will re-issue it.

Now, after giving the idiots at the DVLA my forms, if I had only reasearched beforehand, I could of visited out of the EU - 5 countries and just walked in and fully exchanged my Aussie.

But, thinking the UK was honest and would give Aussies a changeover license in existing classes held, I went ahead and posted the medical / D1 and other crap plus my Aussie off thinking all was OK.

Live and learn.......like the old saying - If you think you know the answer, just wait till someone else stuffs the result up.

Either way, dont get caught, if you think its as easy as walk back into the UK and get your full existing (What you had) back as this DVLA are much like the FBI or Secret Service (A law of their own)......
That makes sense then. I thought that you'd maybe moved to Australia after you'd passed your class 1 in the UK. As you never had a UK class one they wont except an Australian one on a like or like basis, same score with Canada and the same as us Brits who have to pass their test. I see you point of course and in hindsight if you'd have known, then yeah, you'd have got a European licence of some sort, then changed that to a UK one.

In THEORY I should be ok, because if I do come back, I'm not so much exchanging Canadian for UK on a like for like, but surrendering my Canadian to re-gain my original UK one. Having said that, I dont trust the DVLA any more than you do. Ironic that the British and European bureaucracy that is making me want to leave in the first place, is almost holding be back from going now incase I do want to come back!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

That makes sense then. I thought that you'd maybe moved to Australia after you'd passed your class 1 in the UK. As you never had a UK class one they wont except an Australian one on a like or like basis, same score with Canada and the same as us Brits who have to pass their test. I see you point of course and in hindsight if you'd have known, then yeah, you'd have got a European licence of some sort, then changed that to a UK one.

In THEORY I should be ok, because if I do come back, I'm not so much exchanging Canadian for UK on a like for like, but surrendering my Canadian to re-gain my original UK one. Having said that, I dont trust the DVLA any more than you do. Ironic that the British and European bureaucracy that is making me want to leave in the first place, is almost holding be back from going now incase I do want to come back!
Well this post is getting back to your original Q?

And I would email DVLA and ask this:

If I move to Canada and exchange my class 1 UK to Canada, whats the timeframe for me to get my full class 1 UK back should I not decide to live and reside in Canada?

Your website is unclear as a phone call to your office said 10-yrs, but your interactive website states that all I get back is my UK CAR license?
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Well this post is getting back to your original Q?

And I would email DVLA and ask this:

If I move to Canada and exchange my class 1 UK to Canada, whats the timeframe for me to get my full class 1 UK back should I not decide to live and reside in Canada?

Your website is unclear as a phone call to your office said 10-yrs, but your interactive website states that all I get back is my UK CAR license?
I'm awaiting a reply to an email.

What I'll do is when I return to visit home at whatever point, ring them up and tell them I've come back and tell them I did not bring my Canadian one back with me if they ask for it. The yougov website says you dont need to hand your Canadian one back in, just ring the dvla up for a replacement to your original. We'll see!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

didster7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marcustandy
However, pass the medical and the category is re-instated without having to take the test again.
thanks for that, i was led to believe you lose it...
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Went in to my local police station today and they will NOT notorize my driving licence. He refused to believe that anyone could ever have a problem getting back their licence as all information is held about you for life regard driving history and test pass dates and the only advice he offered was that I should go into my local dvla office and speak to someone face to face about it to set my mind at rest.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Went in to my local police station today and they will NOT notorize my driving licence. He refused to believe that anyone could ever have a problem getting back their licence as all information is held about you for life regard driving history and test pass dates and the only advice he offered was that I should go into my local dvla office and speak to someone face to face about it to set my mind at rest.
Typical, this is the case of the left foot not knoeing what the right one decides.

Issue is:

If you leave UK and change a UK class 1 which cost the average person around £1,500 hard earned, how long are you allowed to be out of the country before that class1 is not re-issued.

DVLA website say:

If you arrive back into UK with Canadian class 1 equilivent, you have to re-sit again. As the website only gives you a car back.

Telephone call to DVLA say 10-yrs, providing you send in medical.

Today I asked a VOSA guy and he said call them.....fat lot of help.

Conclusion:

Go and take the chance, or stay and suffer the UK conditions and economic downturn.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

alandoug is an unknown quantity at this point

You generally have to go to a public notary to get something notarised. They are the type of people who lurk in solicitor's offices.

You will have to pay.

Don't you think you're getting just abit paranoid about this?
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alandoug
You generally have to go to a public notary to get something notarised. They are the type of people who lurk in solicitor's offices.

You will have to pay.

Don't you think you're getting just abit paranoid about this?
Yes but thats because it cost me over £2000 to get my class two and then class one and I'm not gonna lose it on return and have to sit the whole lot again, plus an intial cpc course for new starters that will no doubt double the price. I'm not prepared to make such a life changing move without knowing that my return is secured if I need or want to come back.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Typical, this is the case of the left foot not knoeing what the right one decides.

Issue is:

If you leave UK and change a UK class 1 which cost the average person around £1,500 hard earned, how long are you allowed to be out of the country before that class1 is not re-issued.

DVLA website say:

If you arrive back into UK with Canadian class 1 equilivent, you have to re-sit again. As the website only gives you a car back.

Telephone call to DVLA say 10-yrs, providing you send in medical.

Today I asked a VOSA guy and he said call them.....fat lot of help.

Conclusion:

Go and take the chance, or stay and suffer the UK conditions and economic downturn.
From what I have been reading. The only person who would need to take a UK test having arrived in the UK with a Canadian class 1, is a Canadian person or a British person who has never passed a Class 1 test in the UK. Someone like us would not just send in a Canadian licence and want back in return just what the Canadian licences entitles us to, we want back our original UK licence. They keep the Canadian one so you can't hold two licences at the same time to prevent fraud or whatever excuse it is, but we are entitled to a full class one licence as we have passed a class one test in the UK and that is on record for life. Anyway, I'll try and go into my local dvla office at Beverley tomorrow or sometime this week and report back on what they say, if anything.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

my local dvla office at Beverley
Ha Ha I cant believe your in Beverley - I think I did my driving test there about 20yr ago!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.