Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Ex-military drivers and wags thread

Ex-military drivers and wags thread

Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ex-military drivers and wags thread

Are you ex-army/navy/air force/chelsea pensioner ???? lets meet and greet here,
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

jaydog68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ex-military drivers and wags thread

Originally Posted by Gremmie
HI Gremmie - Great idea for a thread. OH Neil is ex RCT done 12 years and now 11years as a civvy driving tankers for Shell at Stanlow. I was Royal Signals Spec Op for 8 years and been out since 1999.
What were you in?
Old Sep 13th 2007, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future

I knew you wouldn't like people chatting all over your Canadain Rig thread
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:03 pm
Just Joined

OOPS ...........Didn't realise you started this thread sarcastically

Never mind good idea anyway
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaydog68
HI Gremmie - Great idea for a thread. OH Neil is ex RCT done 12 years and now 11years as a civvy driving tankers for Shell at Stanlow. I was Royal Signals Spec Op for 8 years and been out since 1999.
What were you in?
I'm not an Ex-millitary man,and havent the fogiest idea what all that meansjust wanted you buggers off the truck pic thread, as you all seemed so homeless,, here you can royal signal and RCT ops to your hearts content
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CHRISRICHES

I knew you wouldn't like people chatting all over your Canadain Rig thread
Chris, how come you're the only one on BE that understands me ???? Your astute perception has won you some Karma,,,,,,after i get the Mon Cherri chocs
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

I'm not an Ex-millitary man,and havent the fogiest idea what all that meansjust wanted you buggers off the truck pic thread, as you all seemed so homeless,, here you can royal signal and RCT ops to your hearts content
EX Tank Transporters and Military Clerks too - How could you forget Me, Simon and Dave. Daft as as Brush I maybe - but how could you forget to add me, oh the pain!!!!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

There is no way on hell that us WAGS are going to be confined within this thread - thats just wishful thinking!!!! I think that most WAGS do 99% of the research into Canada - I know I have - and do you think my husband is grateful?

What were you thinking Gremmie, not one of your better ideas was it hun. You would have been better naming this thread "Sale at Harrods" if you wanted us all in here.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 11:45 am
Just Joined

marg-den is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karla03
There is no way on hell that us WAGS are going to be confined within this thread - thats just wishful thinking!!!! I think that most WAGS do 99% of the research into Canada - I know I have - and do you think my husband is grateful?

What were you thinking Gremmie, not one of your better ideas was it hun. You would have been better naming this thread "Sale at Harrods" if you wanted us all in here.
this is just my opinion or option which ever suits really would it not save us all time on here when looking for help and facts about company's and places.

if we all kept to the treads and kept the chit chat to post messages that way if you miss a day there is not 3/4 pages to go through, of nothing really just other people's conversation's.

i am just looking for help and guidence then i will make my own mind up, but either way it would save us all a lot of trawling the net .

anyone else feel this way or does everyone else seam to have more time to read things on hear than me .

p.s karla did you get my post message regards shipping ?

thanks for your time in reading this i may stand down off my soap box i thinks
Old Sep 14th 2007, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

But then whes the fun in that, every thread goes off topic at one stage or another, but it always gets back on track. If we just kept to the topic of the thread name then there would be millions of threads?

Yes I did get your email - sory for not replying sooner but I've been knocking down a wall in my kitchen. I have not looked into any companys at the minute. We are not shipping the items over - we are flying them across as we don't want to be kept waiting for weeks on end.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

But then whes the fun in that, every thread goes off topic at one stage or another, but it always gets back on track. If we just kept to the topic of the thread name then there would be millions of threads?

Yes I did get your email - sory for not replying sooner but I've been knocking down a wall in my kitchen. I have not looked into any companys at the minute. We are not shipping the items over - we are flying them across as we don't want to be kept waiting for weeks on end.
to be honest karla i am just after a rough idea as to the cheapest and best way to get my stuff over there plane or boat which ever so if any one has any idea how much it could cost per crate or boat load which ever can you give me a clue i have looked into the other threads and there is that many you read for hours and still none the wiser perhaps its the good old yellow page then for me still it will be after xmas before we need to know defo but the sooner the better really
Old Sep 14th 2007, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by marg-den
to be honest karla i am just after a rough idea as to the cheapest and best way to get my stuff over there plane or boat which ever so if any one has any idea how much it could cost per crate or boat load which ever can you give me a clue i have looked into the other threads and there is that many you read for hours and still none the wiser perhaps its the good old yellow page then for me still it will be after xmas before we need to know defo but the sooner the better really
Hello there. I contacted a firm in Liverpool this morning. They are getting back in touch next week with more info. ie.. Ports of entry, customs, size of container. Also the different options of container shipping. One option is you keep the container. Ideal for storage if you have the space where you would be living. Secure too. A friend of mine used the same company last month to move to Portugal, seamless no probs atall. Anyway, I have added your e-mail to my messenger. So If would like more info give us a nudge.
Cheers.
Neil
Old Sep 14th 2007, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jaydog68
Hello there. I contacted a firm in Liverpool this morning. They are getting back in touch next week with more info. ie.. Ports of entry, customs, size of container. Also the different options of container shipping. One option is you keep the container. Ideal for storage if you have the space where you would be living. Secure too. A friend of mine used the same company last month to move to Portugal, seamless no probs atall. Anyway, I have added your e-mail to my messenger. So If would like more info give us a nudge.
Cheers.
Neil
thanks for that jay feel free to send some info to me when you get it if i get or find any thing of intrest i will forward it on cheers
Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

EX Tank Transporters and Military Clerks too - How could you forget Me, Simon and Dave. Daft as as Brush I maybe - but how could you forget to add me, oh the pain!!!!
I thought the term's,Army,Navy,Airforce and Chelsea pensioners coverd the whole lot of you
Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

I thought the term's,Army,Navy,Airforce and Chelsea pensioners coverd the whole lot of you
Hi, Gremmie,

Hows the job @ WestCan going? We are going to the same company but in a different Province, Saskatchewan. Looking forward to it as soon as I sell my bricks & mortar, as in house. Not in Army terms- not AP Round.LOL...
Woody

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.