Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Enough is Enough if you left UK dont come back to drive

Enough is Enough if you left UK dont come back to drive

Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Thumbs down Enough is Enough if you left UK dont come back to drive

If you have left UK to live and work in another country, then you better stay there.

Driving on UK roads is more like living a cat with 9-lives

LGV driving and not got all 9-lives left now

Yesterday, left Thirsk at 5am driving just an 18-tonner headding for Shipley / Bradford / Wakefield and Leeds to deliver with my last drop in Ripon.

7.15am Shipley area, drop is less than 10 mins away, cars parked on both sides of the road, driving less than 20 MPH using all measures to evade cars parked, then some person in a 4X4 decided to make an overtake while I am passing nearside cars, on comming traffic ahead, yet still this driver went to speed up overtaking,

result:

Caused me vehicle to brake sharply and on-comming car had to also brake, well the overtaker made it, but in less than 200 mtrs, the bloody idiot decided to turn right, thus causing me to come to a stop.

(Thought OK, thats enough of idiot drivers for today)

9.18am - Bradford city area, fire engine with lights going so I placed left turn sig on and pulled over, then another idiot in an ASDA artic, thought its OK to pass me from behind with the fire-truck right up his hammer.

Resulted in the fire truck to jump the centre strip and mount the grass area as he was moving at speed, the ASDA driver didnt even look nor hear it noise of bells and whistles

(Second near miss in less than 2-hours)

Well got a perfect run with no hassles for 3-hours, arrived Leeds University area, pedestrain crossing with kids crossing I stop to let them pass, then on-comming taxi dosnt even see the crossing and close to running down a child crossing.

(Things come in 3's)

But 4's is pushing it too far.

2.37pm in Ripon, headding on the A61 towards Thirsk, (If you know the area you a a number of bridges / roundabouts) on the little streach, well farm tractor in front so I pull out to overtake as road wide enough, well then an IDIOT in a BMW overtakes me while I am in a passing mode with the tractor, there is a 8-wheeler tipper comming head-on, the poor guy must of thought it was goodbye BMW as the BMW didnt see the tipper till last second and headded too the far right ending up on its side in the culvert/drain as it tried to avoid the tipper/me and the tracror.

Well, thats it for me, I was in a right mood and the tipper driver and me and the tractor driver all pulled up and we ran to assist the idiot BMW driver, he was OK, the BMW was a mess, but then he started to mouth off at me and the tipper driver of how reckless we were as truck-drivers and started to abuse me in verbal 4-letter words, well I let rip and gave this idiot a swift bunch of 5's and the tipper driver had to pull me aside.

(Now, not that I hated this driver nor did a want to just fight him, but I was at my whits end and just cracked)

Police turned up, I explained the position so did tractor / tipper drivers, then I got my biggest shock, I was charged with assult causing harm (Arrested) as the BMW driver made complaint so now I have to face a court.

So, as soon I got back to the office I gave my notice and I can tell you honestly, my next driving of a truck will not be in the UK, you can (Aussie Slang) Stick it right up your !"££$£$%^**((

Call it bad luck or call it just a bloody unlucky day on the road, well call it what you like but these UK drivers in flash 4X4's and black Beemers who think they own the bloody road and foreign ASDA drivers are IDIOTS

(Pardon my words and spelling but just a little upset at the idiots they have here)
Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Enough is Enough if you left UK dont come back to drive

Oh you poor poppet
Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:41 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
If you have left UK to live and work in another country, then you better stay there.

Driving on UK roads is more like living a cat with 9-lives

LGV driving and not got all 9-lives left now

Yesterday, left Thirsk at 5am driving just an 18-tonner headding for Shipley / Bradford / Wakefield and Leeds to deliver with my last drop in Ripon.

7.15am Shipley area, drop is less than 10 mins away, cars parked on both sides of the road, driving less than 20 MPH using all measures to evade cars parked, then some person in a 4X4 decided to make an overtake while I am passing nearside cars, on comming traffic ahead, yet still this driver went to speed up overtaking,

result:

Caused me vehicle to brake sharply and on-comming car had to also brake, well the overtaker made it, but in less than 200 mtrs, the bloody idiot decided to turn right, thus causing me to come to a stop.

(Thought OK, thats enough of idiot drivers for today)

9.18am - Bradford city area, fire engine with lights going so I placed left turn sig on and pulled over, then another idiot in an ASDA artic, thought its OK to pass me from behind with the fire-truck right up his hammer.

Resulted in the fire truck to jump the centre strip and mount the grass area as he was moving at speed, the ASDA driver didnt even look nor hear it noise of bells and whistles

(Second near miss in less than 2-hours)

Well got a perfect run with no hassles for 3-hours, arrived Leeds University area, pedestrain crossing with kids crossing I stop to let them pass, then on-comming taxi dosnt even see the crossing and close to running down a child crossing.

(Things come in 3's)

But 4's is pushing it too far.

2.37pm in Ripon, headding on the A61 towards Thirsk, (If you know the area you a a number of bridges / roundabouts) on the little streach, well farm tractor in front so I pull out to overtake as road wide enough, well then an IDIOT in a BMW overtakes me while I am in a passing mode with the tractor, there is a 8-wheeler tipper comming head-on, the poor guy must of thought it was goodbye BMW as the BMW didnt see the tipper till last second and headded too the far right ending up on its side in the culvert/drain as it tried to avoid the tipper/me and the tracror.

Well, thats it for me, I was in a right mood and the tipper driver and me and the tractor driver all pulled up and we ran to assist the idiot BMW driver, he was OK, the BMW was a mess, but then he started to mouth off at me and the tipper driver of how reckless we were as truck-drivers and started to abuse me in verbal 4-letter words, well I let rip and gave this idiot a swift bunch of 5's and the tipper driver had to pull me aside.

(Now, not that I hated this driver nor did a want to just fight him, but I was at my whits end and just cracked)

Police turned up, I explained the position so did tractor / tipper drivers, then I got my biggest shock, I was charged with assult causing harm (Arrested) as the BMW driver made complaint so now I have to face a court.

So, as soon I got back to the office I gave my notice and I can tell you honestly, my next driving of a truck will not be in the UK, you can (Aussie Slang) Stick it right up your !"££$£$%^**((

Call it bad luck or call it just a bloody unlucky day on the road, well call it what you like but these UK drivers in flash 4X4's and black Beemers who think they own the bloody road and foreign ASDA drivers are IDIOTS

(Pardon my words and spelling but just a little upset at the idiots they have here)
I will make your day even worse.Now you need a driver CPC to drive a tuck or bus with 35 hours of traing every 5 years,comes out.buses 2008.trucks 2009.go into (1)directgov(2)motoring(3)licence.then punch in driver cpc.if your driving now you still get granfather rights.but if you going to be a driver,even more money to pay out.

Last edited by betris; Oct 21st 2008 at 9:55 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes I have heard of this new rule, I believe it is every 5 years that you are to be re assessed, but I am under the impresion it is coupled with a period of theory training (dont quote my on this)
There are courses starting now, I have seen them advertised in the military resettlement brochures and I have been advised to put my self down for one next year before I finish with the army and move to Canada with the view I would still be employable in the UK if it all goes "Pete Tong"
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by betris
I will make your day even worse.Now you need a driver CPC to drive a tuck or bus with 35 hours of traing every 5 years,comes out.buses 2008.trucks 2009.go into (1)directgov(2)motoring(3)licence.then punch in driver cpc.if your driving now you still get granfather rights.but if you going to be a driver,even more money to pay out.
Not interested in sitting anymore tests in the UK, stick it I say, my Aussie license has expired but good Aussie law is that within 10-yrs I can just walk in and get it back with a medical (If Iam right) even know my aussie license number off by heart as years ago we like UK had to fill out log-books.

Wife said tonight I have permission to move now the son is well settled.

Thats the best news I have had in 48-hours
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Aw well
Bye!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 11:22 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Traffic??
What's that then?
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 1:36 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Not interested in sitting anymore tests in the UK, stick it I say, my Aussie license has expired but good Aussie law is that within 10-yrs I can just walk in and get it back with a medical (If Iam right) even know my aussie license number off by heart as years ago we like UK had to fill out log-books.

Wife said tonight I have permission to move now the son is well settled.

Thats the best news I have had in 48-hours
well I dont blame you.I got out of the driving about 6 years ago.mine was continental,the engish strech used to do my head in.I was happy shipping out and grumpy shipping in.every time you parked some one wanted money.every time you loaded or tiped it was wait over there dummy.and what killed it for me was that tracker in the cab.bleep bleep you should have been moving 10 mins ago you have had 9 off and a extra 10 mins .get going

Last edited by betris; Oct 22nd 2008 at 1:39 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Its like everything else someone getting paid to much money wants to know everything, all the time! to save more money for him, more and more hoops for us to jump through!
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by betris
well I dont blame you.I got out of the driving about 6 years ago.mine was continental,the engish strech used to do my head in.I was happy shipping out and grumpy shipping in.every time you parked some one wanted money.every time you loaded or tiped it was wait over there dummy.and what killed it for me was that tracker in the cab.bleep bleep you should have been moving 10 mins ago you have had 9 off and a extra 10 mins .get going
True, but I have just spent past 6-weeks as releif driver collecting trailers in Dover and lead to France / Italy and Germany and not once did I feel the hussle and fast pace on what you get in the UK road system, what does annoy me most of all in the UK is the fast pace a lot of cars go, just gotta be in front of you even on the A66 they take such a risk to pass and in 1/2 mile they make you come to a stop as they turn-off the road. Why cant they just understand that with 30 ton it does take longer to halt.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Police turned up, I explained the position so did tractor / tipper drivers, then I got my biggest shock, I was charged with assult causing harm (Arrested) as the BMW driver made complaint so now I have to face a court
Is he deffo pressing charges then, coz how will this affect your move to Canada regarding Police checks...
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 5:21 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

True, but I have just spent past 6-weeks as releif driver collecting trailers in Dover and lead to France / Italy and Germany and not once did I feel the hussle and fast pace on what you get in the UK road system, what does annoy me most of all in the UK is the fast pace a lot of cars go, just gotta be in front of you even on the A66 they take such a risk to pass and in 1/2 mile they make you come to a stop as they turn-off the road. Why cant they just understand that with 30 ton it does take longer to halt.
Funny how you never noticed that about Italian drivers.

One of our biggest ex-pat moans over here is the way they drive, overtake, hardly ever indicate, overtake only to turn at last minute, flash lights and drive up your arse on the motorways and never ever stop at zebra crossings.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 5:36 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, that getting infront of a truck thing is beyond me.
When I'm driving my car, I'd much rather have a truck infront of me than behind me.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Funny how you never noticed that about Italian drivers.

One of our biggest ex-pat moans over here is the way they drive, overtake, hardly ever indicate, overtake only to turn at last minute, flash lights and drive up your arse on the motorways and never ever stop at zebra crossings.
Sounds like the UK exactly.

EVERY day on the M3 there is an accident (usually Junc 2 - 3 or 9 - 11) & every other day on the A34.

An increasing number of drivers take numerous lives in their hands in the way they drive....if you asked them it would always be someones elses fault and they are crap drivers...ignorance & total disregard for other road users it really is a horrible horrible rat race day in day out. Everyone is in such a hurry to get nowhere fast and the speeding and reckless driving would prob get them to their destination, what 5 mins at the max before you.

At least you know the Italians are mad so you are expecting it....

It's here when you believe drivers should be doing the correct thing then don't that causes so much trouble....
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by koogar
Yea, that getting infront of a truck thing is beyond me.
When I'm driving my car, I'd much rather have a truck infront of me than behind me.
Exactly.

Don't know if you heard about his but it is truely horrendous. A full family wiped out in an instant:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/oct/21/2

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7683001.stm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.