eh eh giss'us a job like

Old Jul 4th 2011, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default eh eh giss'us a job like

So from July 16th I'll be joining the ranks of the unemployed Having worked my arse off for the new company,and only having two days off this year the family and myself have decided enough is enough.The money was pretty good but the work/life balance wasn't there,despite promises from head office etc,and during a long conversation with my boss in B.C.today it appears that it was my call to work 7 days a week,excuse me ?
So time to kick back a bit,already had 3 offers on the table,one of which is going back onto the cryogenic tankers in Sept ,and I'll more than likely take it,just muddle around a bit meanwhile.Son is playing football in B.C.and I think a trip out there could be on the cards,wifey hasn't seen the mountains before so should be a fun time. Happy Days
Old Jul 4th 2011, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: eh eh giss'us a job like

Sorry to hear that, and I wish you the very best. Plenty of work available on much better terms, so enjoy the time out.
Old Jul 4th 2011, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rob,fully intend to have some r & r,my summer toys are still in their winter storage guise so have lot's to keep me occupied .
Old Jul 4th 2011, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

nwtrucker will become famous soon enoughnwtrucker will become famous soon enough

Time to chill out eh! Unfortunately the office wallers in this industry the world over don't seem to learn. There's a time when enough is enough and the V's have to come out of the back pocket!! Enjoy the time off before the next challenge!! See ya sooooooon!
Old Jul 4th 2011, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
So from July 16th I'll be joining the ranks of the unemployed Having worked my arse off for the new company,and only having two days off this year the family and myself have decided enough is enough.The money was pretty good but the work/life balance wasn't there,despite promises from head office etc,and during a long conversation with my boss in B.C.today it appears that it was my call to work 7 days a week,excuse me ?
So time to kick back a bit,already had 3 offers on the table,one of which is going back onto the cryogenic tankers in Sept ,and I'll more than likely take it,just muddle around a bit meanwhile.Son is playing football in B.C.and I think a trip out there could be on the cards,wifey hasn't seen the mountains before so should be a fun time. Happy Days
Thought your current job was all rosey
Old Jul 4th 2011, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gremmie,you of all people should be able to appreciate that working 7 days a week for seven months is a recipe for disaster.Certainly didn't move to Canada for an early grave,so it was time to make changes.My wife has been very supportive throughout but she is overjoyed that we can now get a life back without constantly being tied to work.Happy wife = happy life
Old Jul 4th 2011, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Gremmie,you of all people should be able to appreciate that working 7 days a week for seven months is a recipe for disaster.Certainly didn't move to Canada for an early grave,so it was time to make changes.My wife has been very supportive throughout but she is overjoyed that we can now get a life back without constantly being tied to work.Happy wife = happy life
Quote from you from not to long ago...(
I came to Canada looking to better the lifestyle for my family,and to give my kids greater opportunities in life,so far this move is working really well.We have a good work/life balance,a standard of living we could've only dreamed about 5 years ago.If I can earn a decent wage on tankers 25 minutes from home,no nights away etc etc ,then why not?
Tell me where I'm going wrong,because I just can't see it )
Sounds pretty rosey to me, and no mention of working 7 days a week is their ????
Old Jul 4th 2011, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
Time to chill out eh! Unfortunately the office wallers in this industry the world over don't seem to learn. There's a time when enough is enough and the V's have to come out of the back pocket!! Enjoy the time off before the next challenge!! See ya sooooooon!

+1
Old Jul 4th 2011, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Quote from you from not to long ago...(
I came to Canada looking to better the lifestyle for my family,and to give my kids greater opportunities in life,so far this move is working really well.We have a good work/life balance,a standard of living we could've only dreamed about 5 years ago.If I can earn a decent wage on tankers 25 minutes from home,no nights away etc etc ,then why not?
Tell me where I'm going wrong,because I just can't see it )
Sounds pretty rosey to me, and no mention of working 7 days a week is their ????
That would be when he was boasting about how much he was earning and how good his job is after you put up with all the crap from your original employer
Old Jul 4th 2011, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dave_lol66
That would be when he was boasting about how much he was earning and how good his job is after you put up with all the crap from your original employer
So the crap continued after the original employer, funny he never mentioned that
Old Jul 4th 2011, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Sounds like circumstances have changed , being asked to work 7 days a week is unacceptable .
Old Jul 4th 2011, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kb33
Sounds like circumstances have changed , being asked to work 7 days a week is unacceptable .
7 days a week for the last 7 months ??????? and his logs look like ???
Old Jul 4th 2011, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gremmie
7 days a week for the last 7 months ??????? and his logs look like ???

I assumed he worked in the office .
Old Jul 5th 2011, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Half the time in the office,half the time in a truck running locally so no logs required.
For Gremmies benefit,back in January we were offered a lucrative 6-8 week contract fuelling trucks and reefers 7 days a week,chat with the troops and agree to go for it,next thing we know the customer wants to extend to May and the volumes are getting bigger all the time.Tell head office that we need to get infrastructure into place to support customer demands and they're all in favor and a strategy is put in to place.So come May,said customer says they're so happy with our service that they would like us to continue indefinately,ask our head office again with regards to staffing levels/trucks etc but despite lots of corporate bullshit nothing changes.
So briefly that's where I'm at.This was never part of the plan,and as a family we're fortunate to be able to be choosy,especially with the current employment situation around here.I've never been afraid of doing whatever is required to get the job done,but there is a limit,so when my wife starts making noises I become pro-active and the solution in this case is to move on.
We're still on cloud nine living here,but sometimes adjustments have to be made to maintain the status quo.Hope I haven't bored anyone,and yes,life is very rosey.
Old Jul 5th 2011, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Half the time in the office,half the time in a truck running locally so no logs required.
For Gremmies benefit,back in January we were offered a lucrative 6-8 week contract fuelling trucks and reefers 7 days a week,chat with the troops and agree to go for it,next thing we know the customer wants to extend to May and the volumes are getting bigger all the time.Tell head office that we need to get infrastructure into place to support customer demands and they're all in favor and a strategy is put in to place.So come May,said customer says they're so happy with our service that they would like us to continue indefinately,ask our head office again with regards to staffing levels/trucks etc but despite lots of corporate bullshit nothing changes.
So briefly that's where I'm at.This was never part of the plan,and as a family we're fortunate to be able to be choosy,especially with the current employment situation around here.I've never been afraid of doing whatever is required to get the job done,but there is a limit,so when my wife starts making noises I become pro-active and the solution in this case is to move on.
We're still on cloud nine living here,but sometimes adjustments have to be made to maintain the status quo.Hope I haven't bored anyone,and yes,life is very rosey.
Now all makes sense

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.