Day/Night Work...

Old Aug 10th 2009, 1:49 pm
swoops

swoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to all
Default Day/Night Work...

Hi fellow Truckers

We've been in the waiting game for sooooooo long now but at last our passports are on there way to be stamped and will be heading NS way once the house has sold.
Will be landing with PR so looking for short haul, Day or Night work after I've retaken my Class 1.. I've done a lot of miles and lost enough hair since I passed in 1981...so looking to slow down...
My Q: Is there RDC's(regional distribution centre)companies in NS on the same lines as Tesco,Asda etc..or are these run by the Big Boys like Midland..

Any Info would be great...Thanks Steve
Old Aug 11th 2009, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

peterlee_flyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Day/Night Work...

Originally Posted by swoops
Hi fellow Truckers

We've been in the waiting game for sooooooo long now but at last our passports are on there way to be stamped and will be heading NS way once the house has sold.
Will be landing with PR so looking for short haul, Day or Night work after I've retaken my Class 1.. I've done a lot of miles and lost enough hair since I passed in 1981...so looking to slow down...
My Q: Is there RDC's(regional distribution centre)companies in NS on the same lines as Tesco,Asda etc..or are these run by the Big Boys like Midland..

The Canadian version of the job centre would be a good place to start. It's called job-bank (www.jobbank.gc.ca) Although it's not much use to you in NS, I remember seeing an advert on there for a supermarket company in Alberta, and it looked ok - regular shifts, houirly pat etc - so RDCs do exist in Canada.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 11:54 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swoops
Hi fellow Truckers

Armour Transportation would be your best bet.........
http://www.armour.ca/en/contact.php

Try find a phone number for Larry Murray based in Dartmouth
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

I dont like to be a spoilsport for you but are you entitled to work in Canada ?
You cant just turn up and get a job, you need a job first with a company that will help you and I think you will find the only driving comanies that do that are mostly long haul because local drivers want the short haul 'RDC' work etc.
I really dont think any supermarket company is going to help you get residency

But I wish you luck with your dream
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 2:23 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
You cant just turn up and get a job, you need a job first with a company that will help you and I think you will find the only driving comanies that do that are mostly long haul because local drivers want the short haul 'RDC' work etc.

the OP stated that they are waiting for there passports, with PR stamps so they can work with PR.
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
the OP stated that they are waiting for there passports, with PR stamps so they can work with PR.
My appologies
Old Aug 23rd 2009, 8:29 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

My appologies
No need to apologize mate, i had to go back to make sure and we all miss things sometimes.......mines usually the exit i want with the next one being 10 miles away...
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Plonker
Old Aug 28th 2009, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Plonker
MISTER PLONKER if you don't mind
Old Aug 31st 2009, 12:35 am
swoops

swoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to allswoops is a name known to all

PR Visas now in hand, house is going on the market...

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Armour Transportation would be your best bet.........
http://www.armour.ca/en/contact.php

Try find a phone number for Larry Murray based in Dartmouth
I've already be in contact with armour, only interested in seeing me when I've got my landing papers...I think you put me onto them some time back...Thanks Andy

MISTER PLONKER if you don't mind

Wifes the main name..seeing that Chefs earn more points then truck drivers we thought going down the skilled workers route would be a better way to chose what path to take in work and where to set up home....but its more like being a kid in a sweet shop, where to pick, so finding out whats the best side..East or West..for our jobs

Last edited by swoops; Aug 31st 2009 at 12:38 am.