Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Day driving jobs in Canada

Day driving jobs in Canada

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future
Default Day driving jobs in Canada

Hi, I am going to be sending out resume's soon, and looking at flying over at the end of Oct for a recce trip.

The main place I am looking at is RJ Hoffman, as you are home every night.

What other companies provide day (or night) jobs, so I could be home after each shift? Have read on here that Westcan tanker drivers are home each night, but not sure.

Also with my experience, I may be able to get a job servicing and maintaining trucks. Have been doing it for a few years now, but don't have any qualifications for it.

So if anyone knows of companies looking for Tractor / Trailer mechanics, please let me know.

Thanks for any help

Chris
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Day driving jobs in Canada

Originally Posted by CHRISRICHES
Hi, I am going to be sending out resume's soon, and looking at flying over at the end of Oct for a recce trip.

What other companies provide day (or night) jobs, so I could be home after each shift? Have read on here that Westcan tanker drivers are home each night, but not sure.

Also with my experience, I may be able to get a job servicing and maintaining trucks. Have been doing it for a few years now, but don't have any qualifications for it.

So if anyone knows of companies looking for Tractor / Trailer mechanics, please let me know.

Thanks for any help

Chris
Hi Chris,i had an interview with Westcan,a couple of years ago,i met with Bob Klassen and Marilyn Baril,Bob said i will be home every day,my role would be on the petrol Tankers,i have 10 years experience in that department.my partner and i went to Edmonton for a recce,We had a great time we met with the trainer,Bob didnt have the time of day for me,Marilyn is a very nice honest lady,i shall give you her email address;[email protected] i overheard a training employee shouting to a couple of english drivers,he was so rude,the english guys were training,that put me off.I have spoken to one chap and his wife,his name is Derek,he runs out of Calgary,nice guy,Derek called me and he agreed with me regarding the attitude at the Edmonton location.Derek was on a shift pattern,he enjoys the work,he gets on with it,he is a professional,Derek mentioned their is a lot of Brits whinging,crying,and backstabbing,Derek stays away from it,he goes into work gets his paperwork and gets on with the job.If i were you Chris i would give Kamloops first then Calgary.Ive been to canada 5 times,Kamloops is so beautiful,Calgary is very expensive,Edmonton well!! Oh you have the shopping Mall,At Edmonton you can volunteer for the Ice Fields,3 Months away.i shall stop there coz i do have a tendancy to waffle on,if you need any more info Chris just ask.Hope this helps.Phil
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for any help

Chris
Hi Chris,,i'm only assuming this,but without credentials and Diploma's to be a truck mech is nigh on imposible. As they are red hot on that stuff..proof i mean , in any profesion...!!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

CHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant futureCHRISRICHES has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 2royalgreenjackets
Hi Chris,i had an interview with Westcan,a couple of years ago,i met with Bob Klassen and Marilyn Baril,Bob said i will be home every day,my role would be on the petrol Tankers,i have 10 years experience in that department.my partner and i went to Edmonton for a recce,We had a great time we met with the trainer,Bob didnt have the time of day for me,Marilyn is a very nice honest lady,i shall give you her email address;[email protected] i overheard a training employee shouting to a couple of english drivers,he was so rude,the english guys were training,that put me off.I have spoken to one chap and his wife,his name is Derek,he runs out of Calgary,nice guy,Derek called me and he agreed with me regarding the attitude at the Edmonton location.Derek was on a shift pattern,he enjoys the work,he gets on with it,he is a professional,Derek mentioned their is a lot of Brits whinging,crying,and backstabbing,Derek stays away from it,he goes into work gets his paperwork and gets on with the job.If i were you Chris i would give Kamloops first then Calgary.Ive been to canada 5 times,Kamloops is so beautiful,Calgary is very expensive,Edmonton well!! Oh you have the shopping Mall,At Edmonton you can volunteer for the Ice Fields,3 Months away.i shall stop there coz i do have a tendancy to waffle on,if you need any more info Chris just ask.Hope this helps.Phil
Thanks for the info!

Brits whinging, crying and backstabbing? - never!

Yeah, after finding this site (I'm not normally on computers) with all the helpful stuff, I quickly realised some people think that moving to Canada is going to make their dreams come true! I look at it like I'm probably going to worse off money wise for a while - but will be worth it in the end. And I don't have an expensive car here, so I wont have one in Canada (until the mortgage is paid off - then probably get me a F350 Diesel)

My wife has already found the site for the mall in Edmonton! didn't take her long

Kamloops does sound nice (seen Gremmie's post's), just not sure if it would be harder to get PR somewhere like that.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Hi Chris,,i'm only assuming this,but without credentials and Diploma's to be a truck mech is nigh on imposible. As they are red hot on that stuff..proof i mean , in any profesion...!!!!
That's what I thought, so decided to go back to the driving - but have seen job adverts that say qualifications are not necessary. Also have found a site in the USA that you can study at home to gain Automotive Service Technician Qualifications - but have got to find out more on it.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Kamloops does sound nice (seen Gremmie's post's), just not sure if it would be harder to get PR somewhere like that.

Its lovely here,
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Some Pics: 1)view from my apartment.. 2/3 on the road near K'loops
Attached Thumbnails Day driving jobs in Canada-101_0002.jpg   Day driving jobs in Canada-101_0014.jpg   Day driving jobs in Canada-101_0017.jpg  
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Some Pics: 1)view from my apartment.. 2/3 on the road near K'loops
Now your just showing off!
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Now your just showing off!
If you've got it,flaunt it
Attached Thumbnails Day driving jobs in Canada-101_0006.jpg   Day driving jobs in Canada-101_0008.jpg   Day driving jobs in Canada-101_0010.jpg  
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

If you've got it,flaunt it
More great picures

I forgot you worked for Westcan (have taken up too much brain space after finding BE!) I think I will try and find out about the tanker driving. (I have a beautiful 26 year old blonde wife - so like to be with her each night if possible!)

In the picture with 2 trailers, is that a "turnpike"? and can they be reversed, or just turn around forwards and back up only in a straight line?
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Its a Super B, not a turnpike double,to reverse,its like a rigid,well almost
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:08 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

More great picures

I forgot you worked for Westcan (have taken up too much brain space after finding BE!) I think I will try and find out about the tanker driving. (I have a beautiful 26 year old blonde wife - so like to be with her each night if possible!)

In the picture with 2 trailers, is that a "turnpike"? and can they be reversed, or just turn around forwards and back up only in a straight line?
:curse: My husband has a 51 year old, dyed brown hair, big boned, whiskey drinking, grandmother that he's been married to for 32 years and he still loves coming home to me at night.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lorna....if i said you had a beautiful body,would you hold it against me
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:24 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Lorna....if i said you had a beautiful body,would you hold it against me
Your only saying that cos I'm still in Wales what site are we on again
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Your only saying that cos I'm still in Wales what site are we on again
Not the same one as last time you asked:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.