Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

converting UK (LGV CE) to Aus Equivalent

converting UK (LGV CE) to Aus Equivalent

Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:10 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of
Default converting UK (LGV CE) to Aus Equivalent

Hi All,

i have been sent here (naughty boy) by the Aus forum, can anyone advise on converting a UK LGV licence and how is it changed to an Aus version and what categories/classes does a UK Artic (class C+CE) allow you to drive in Aus when converted.

Many Thanks

Darren
Old Jan 27th 2009, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all
Default Re: converting UK (LGV CE) to Aus Equivalent

Originally Posted by Darren-Debbie
Hi All,

i have been sent here (naughty boy) by the Aus forum, can anyone advise on converting a UK LGV licence and how is it changed to an Aus version and what categories/classes does a UK Artic (class C+CE) allow you to drive in Aus when converted.

Many Thanks

Darren
Sure, thats easy:

You will if you exchange your UK in Australia just get a CAR back, just like the poms do to poor Aussies when they arrive in UK.
Aussies have to when they arrive in UK sit ALL test again, you will have to do the same, plus more as there are a few different classes that you can obtain in Australia..

Read some of the past posts too, been well covered.....
You have to sit and do it all over again......sorry but thats the UK DVLA fault as they want Aussies to pay up, so the Aussies gave tit for tat.

Last edited by bigwheels241; Jan 27th 2009 at 12:54 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:19 pm
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of
Default Re: converting UK (LGV CE) to Aus Equivalent

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
Sure, thats easy:

You will if you exchange your UK in Australia just get a CAR back, just like the poms do to poor Aussies when they arrive in UK.
Aussies have to when they arrive in UK sit ALL test again, you will have to do the same, plus more as there are a few different classes that you can obtain in Australia..

Read some of the past posts too, been well covered.....
You have to sit and do it all over again......sorry but thats the UK DVLA fault as they want Aussies to pay up, so the Aussies gave tit for tat.

Cheers Bigwheels,

since posting i have found out a bit more and realise i'll have to do it all again, not sure if i can be bothered or be able to pass though as its been quite a while since driving LGV's. Just thought it might come in handy when we come on down and agravate some locals

Thanks
Darren