class 1

Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

dunky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default class 1

how much does it cost for me to retake my class 1 in canada and how long is the course
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

the 204 crew is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: class 1

I'm taking mine in Winnipeg April 23rd. It's $50 and you don't need any training. I'm using one of my future bosses trucks, so I'm lucky there.
Visit www.mpi.mb.ca and take some of the online tests
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:20 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the 204 crew
I'm taking mine in Winnipeg April 23rd. It's $50 and you don't need any training. I'm using one of my future bosses trucks, so I'm lucky there.
Visit www.mpi.mb.ca and take some of the online tests
I hope you have had some good advice on your pre-trip inspection, it's a bit more involved than just checking your oil and water.........
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by dunky
how much does it cost for me to retake my class 1 in canada and how long is the course

If your coming to work for Westcan Calgary they will put you in touch with CCA driver training, course lasts about 2 weeks and costs about $1900
Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:00 am
Just Joined

the 204 crew is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got the professional drivers and air brake manuals with me now, I'm doing alot of reading and doing the online tests on mpi. The company I'll be working for are giving me a day with thier senior driver, then he'll be with me for my test. I think I have it covered
Old Mar 19th 2008, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

got to agree with andy/shiela pre trip and airbrake test giving me headache pleased signed up to training school.could never do it without proper instruction.
james
Old Mar 19th 2008, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

chasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant future

hi
i am a uk class 1 driver at present in new zealand possibly looking to relocate,very much open to advice and help if you have any advice forthcoming much appreciated
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jamesmc
got to agree with andy/shiela pre trip and airbrake test giving me headache pleased signed up to training school.could never do it without proper instruction.
james
yip deffo i think i will spend some dosh and go to a training school be worth it in the end up.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
I hope you have had some good advice on your pre-trip inspection, it's a bit more involved than just checking your oil and water.........
How long have you been over there Andy, and what did you do before
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

yip deffo i think i will spend some dosh and go to a training school be worth it in the end up.
Dunky.

As an A1 Tank Transporter there would be no need at all to go to a training school as the Pre trips are much along the same lines as a First Parade. The rest is just as we would have done when on drag:

i.e.

Thorough 1st Parade as mentioned.
Halt parade's as you would do when you stop on drag.
Then last parade's as normal.

If as an A1 you can inspect a Tank Transporter train for PRE inspection with it having all the extra gear on it like the winching kit for example then with reading the Canadian books and a little tuition from the company you will be working for then there would be no need to pay out to a driving school for this you would be more than capable of passing the tests with a little studying.

Dave
Old Mar 20th 2008, 9:57 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

How long have you been over there Andy, and what did you do before
Hi Dunky
I have been here 3 years, before driving i was a realtor, in the uk i drove straight trucks (7.5t)
I didn't suggest you have to spend money and take a college course but i do strongly suggest you get a current driver to show you thoroughly around a pti to back up what you can read up on, it is quite involved and lots of things can be easily missed.
Best of luck
Andy
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Dunky
I have been here 3 years, before driving i was a realtor, in the uk i drove straight trucks (7.5t)
I didn't suggest you have to spend money and take a college course but i do strongly suggest you get a current driver to show you thoroughly around a pti to back up what you can read up on, it is quite involved and lots of things can be easily missed.
Best of luck
Andy
Hey Your back dude. Got your new email address thanks.

Been anywhere nice???
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:10 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Hey Your back dude. Got your new email address thanks.

Been anywhere nice???
Mostly the usual haunts Dave.........oshkosh, i did get down to Houston though and it was bloody hot !!!!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Andy 620 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mostly the usual haunts Dave.........oshkosh, i did get down to Houston though and it was bloody hot !!!!
Can anyone suggest where i could get a book regarding the test, have held my class 1 for over 14yrs and also my PSV licence but it sounds like it would do no harm to read up on the subject
Old Mar 28th 2008, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Andy 620
Can anyone suggest where i could get a book regarding the test, have held my class 1 for over 14yrs and also my PSV licence but it sounds like it would do no harm to read up on the subject
Andy,

I have a book called:

"Practical Airbrakes - Driver Handbook & study guide"

Author - Rolf VanderZwaag is cooperation with the Ontario Trucking Association

ISBN 0-9680607-4-9

I have tried to find it on Amazon etc with no joy so maybe you'd want to contact the above Assoc or try and download a .pdf from some of the other Provincial Trucking sites to help you along.

Cheers Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.