Challenger Motor freight

Old Mar 31st 2013, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

berkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Challenger Motor freight

Well just to let you know that CMF are having a clearout of their foreign workers. yes I am one. The perks of being on a TWP. I got back in after 2 weeks out, called into the office, "We are not renewing your work permit", shrug of the shoulders, mine runs out in August. And we are cancelling your contract with immediate affect, clean your truck out"

So that's it. Few phone calls later, find companies with LMO's. Which I have.
Things are happening with this company, and not all good.

Talking with some of the trainers, they are hiring certain drivers, who can only drive in a straight line and for 31c a mile.

Others will have different opinions, this is just mine.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Challenger Motor freight

Originally Posted by berkoboy
Well just to let you know that CMF are having a clearout of their foreign workers. yes I am one. The perks of being on a TWP. I got back in after 2 weeks out, called into the office, "We are not renewing your work permit", shrug of the shoulders, mine runs out in August. And we are cancelling your contract with immediate affect, clean your truck out"

Talking with some of the trainers, they are hiring certain drivers, who can only drive in a straight line and for 31c a mile.

That's not good news berkoboy. Hope you find something else.
A word of advice about your lmo.... A lmo is only valid for the company that obtained it, it is not able to be transferred. If you are able to find another company then they will need to have a lmo to allow you to swap your work permit to that company. HTH
Old Apr 7th 2013, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

berkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura about

Yep, I knew that. thanks. transx are sorting it out, but I am running from there terminal in Guelph. More money than CMF anyway, lol
Nearly moved provinces, got told about job with shroeder, in your neck of the woods. Any good vibes. Still weighing my options
Old Apr 7th 2013, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

dave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud ofdave_lol66 has much to be proud of

Yep, I knew that. thanks. transx are sorting it out, but I am running from there terminal in Guelph. More money than CMF anyway, lol
Nearly moved provinces, got told about job with shroeder, in your neck of the woods. Any good vibes. Still weighing my options
Don't really know much about schroeder but what I have heard hasn't been very complimentary.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:38 am
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Challenger Motor freight

hey berkoboy, sorry to hear what happened mate but glad youve found something else. is scouse going there too ?
Old Apr 10th 2013, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

uk bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Lol, what berkoboy hasn't told u all is that out of all the foreign workers on lmos at challenger only he and 1 other were refused new lmos. I have an idea y he was let go and nobody was surprised when the other bloke went. Let me give u an idea of what some people do and then get upset when they r let go.........so who thinks its ok to run with an mt trl from Michigan to Cambridge on just bcoz u get fed up with waiting for a load and decide u want to come home........is it also ok to walk up to ur dispatcher and call her a c***, shouting it across the office ?
Old Apr 10th 2013, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

BERKOBOY ,Best of luck with your new job,cant be worse than where you were !
forced dispatch,against company rules to discuss your pay rate (its in the handbook).
could say more ,,but a friend worked at BC yard (iirc Delta),he needed a job as he moved to BC from MB(4yrs canadian experience,,,20+ euro).
stuck it a wk ,,he told me he had never been treated so badly by a company ever!and that takes some saying after some o the chancers he worked for in uk.all allegedly of course.
just saying ,,,not wanting to start a war. with any new posters like.!
MODS delete if you think its going to cause a fight .
Old Apr 11th 2013, 1:07 am
Just Joined

uk bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey jamesmc no wars here, I'm just putting over my view as someone who works at cmf. Like I said b4 as far as I know only 2 people had their lmos not renewed now if that's thining out the foreign workers then so be it. As for your mate, well not everyones the same, as we all know what some people think is crap others get on with. I get on ok at cmf and earn a fairly decent wage, where berkoboy gets 31c a mile from I don't know coz I get more than that and I know he used to as well. Cmf actually get rid of as many of their trainees through the training programme as they keep so as for his comment about hiring anyone who can drive in a straight line.....come on berkoboy u know that's not entirely true. I'm not sure but I wonder if bitterness is coming out in his post maybe ? Don't get me wrong if that's how they laid u off mate then that's not right but imo not all of your rantings r entirely true
Old Apr 11th 2013, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

No it's not bitterness. We all know y I got the bullet, the office romance thing. Btw it was the trainers who told me about the 31c a mile and the people who are being hired can only drive in a straight line. Can't take corners, don't know how to back up cos the other companies they ran for had other people to do that. Don't worry I was not bad mouthing CMF. I had some fun. Also I have never called a despatcher that word.
Funny thing was that everyone else knew I was fired when I got back from Chicago except me. Even my dispatcher had put a plan on me after my "5 mins with safety"