CDL without a HGV

Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:15 am
Just Joined

peskypete is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CDL without a HGV

Ok forgive me if i seem like an annoying kid (Being 19 im sure i am alot younger than most of you :P) but i am just eager.
From my other thread it got me thinking, would it be possible to go to Canada on a holiday visa, pay the $2k dollars and get a CDL without ever having a HGV here? Then apply for companys even though i would have 0 experiance.
I see the experiance as the biggest hole in this plan however i found this:
http://www.bigfreight.com/company_driver_entry.html
With a CDL would they pay for me to come over and start working for them under that system?
Again forgive me I Don't mean to annoy any of you, after reading some of the other peoples posts :O (Hugh, Robbie(I think that was on this site)) Some people are so...Well i wont get into it, but yeah help from all you guys would be great.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice
Default Re: CDL without a HGV

The only problem with having no experience is when it comes to jumping through hoops in order to stay over there.

You wont qualify for provincial nominee programmes without a certian amount of experience, which varies...... although if its Manitoba youre interested in, a minimum of 6 months is all they ask...however you've still got to get a job there and meet all other criteria.

And, I'm pretty sure that Big Freight job you posted, would only be open to landed immigrants and Canadian citizens, and not a way of getting you into the country.

Edit: I think its Saskatchewan who only require 6 months experience, not Manitoba. sorry.

Last edited by CurtNIR; Jan 6th 2011 at 3:27 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

peskypete is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
The only problem with having no experience is when it comes to jumping through hoops in order to stay over there.

You wont qualify for provincial nominee programmes without a certian amount of experience, which varies...... although if its Manitoba youre interested in, a minimum of 6 months is all they ask...however you've still got to get a job there and meet all other criteria.

And, I'm pretty sure that Big Freight job you posted, would only be open to landed immigrants and Canadian citizens, and not a way of getting you into the country.

Edit: I think its Saskatchewan who only require 6 months experience, not Manitoba. sorry.
Ah okay then, was just a thought lol. Well time to start saving for HGV! lol
Old Jan 6th 2011, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Have a good read here:
http://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/29-employment/
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Check these websites out:

frederickharvesting.com
hollandharvesting.com
demarayharvesting.com
bergman-harvesting.com
johnsonharvesting.com
altendorfharvesting.com
taylorharvesting.com
skinnerharvesting.com
Danellskiharvesting.com