Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

canadian trucking companies

canadian trucking companies

Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

deerhunter74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default canadian trucking companies

hello all are there any members on this forum who are driving for h r trans in lethbridge alberta iam interested in long haul work canada / usa does anyone have any feedback from the company do they charge a fee ive noticed bison transport deal with an immigration company which will set you back a tidy $7.000 dollars not sure about h.r trans any help would be gratefull
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future
Default Re: canadian trucking companies

Have a good read here:
http://lyndon001.blogspot.com/
or here
http://www.montedarlo.blogspot.com/
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Truck
hey this isnt the real BT,, he would have tried to put you of,saying how you will work 60hours a day for peanuts etc.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gremmie
hey this isnt the real BT,, he would have tried to put you of,saying how you will work 60hours a day for peanuts etc.
If Deerhunter74 has a GOOD read of those two guys blogs and then looks at how much time/work they clock "unpaid" (layovers/breakdowns/loads not ready/border crossings etc etc) and are still fully responsible for their trucks,he should realise that they ARE paid peanuts for many hours per week!!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

If Deerhunter74 has a GOOD read of those two guys blogs and then looks at how much time/work they clock "unpaid" (layovers/breakdowns/loads not ready/border crossings etc etc) and are still fully responsible for their trucks,he should realise that they ARE paid peanuts for many hours per week!!

Thats more like it ..The Big Truck we have come to know and love

GAME ON ....
Old Jan 19th 2009, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

meritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nicemeritor is just really nice

there are no fee's to pay for the driver with h&r,but you have to pay for your own pr which ever way you go about getting it.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

deerhunter74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meritor
there are no fee's to pay for the driver with h&r,but you have to pay for your own pr which ever way you go about getting it.
tyhanks for that it seems some companies are charging for the right to drive there trucks maybe i will give h&r a call and ask when they will be in europe next on a recruiting drive many thanks
Old Jan 21st 2009, 12:34 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deerhunter74
tyhanks for that it seems some companies are charging for the right to drive there trucks maybe i will give h&r a call and ask when they will be in europe next on a recruiting drive many thanks
Good luck whatever you decide.
I had a great time working in Canada.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

H+R are now speccing new trucks limited to 62mph instead of 65mph all in the name of making the company "greener"!!!
Guys have said that it won't be long before they are limited to 56mph, (same as Manitoulin Trucking and some others) bit of a bummer when you paid per mile!!

Last edited by Big Truck; Jan 21st 2009 at 9:46 am.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

H+R are now speccing new trucks limited to 62mph instead of 65mph all in the name of making the company "greener"!!!
Guys have said that it won't be long before they are limited to 56mph, (same as Manitoulin Trucking and some others) bit of a bummer when you paid per mile!!
After just spending a lot of time in the UK governed at 56MPH and driven in USA / Australia /New Zealand and Canada plus on and off at a few other places, the laws of 56MPH are a joke.

Need not enter into why as those who are from UK will understand a lot of issues against fuel saving / greener etc.

I do feel safer knowning that I have the HP and not limited to get around another on the road, even the UK should be on open motorways 65MPH.

Will feel strange when back in Canada and can open her up a few MPH more than here.

On a side note, in Australia I would do Melbourne / Sydney in 8 Hrs on 80% not motorway (And before any young GUN comments) this is back in the early 90's

Northern Territory, being then in the 80's / 90's NO Limit in most open highways my Coolpower Mack would reach 79MPH. Could blow tourist in Caravans right off the road.....
Old Jan 21st 2009, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigwheels241
After just spending a lot of time in the UK governed at 56MPH and driven in USA / Australia /New Zealand and Canada plus on and off at a few other places, the laws of 56MPH are a joke.

Need not enter into why as those who are from UK will understand a lot of issues against fuel saving / greener etc.

I do feel safer knowning that I have the HP and not limited to get around another on the road, even the UK should be on open motorways 65MPH.

Will feel strange when back in Canada and can open her up a few MPH more than here.

On a side note, in Australia I would do Melbourne / Sydney in 8 Hrs on 80% not motorway (And before any young GUN comments) this is back in the early 90's

Northern Territory, being then in the 80's / 90's NO Limit in most open highways my Coolpower Mack would reach 79MPH. Could blow tourist in Caravans right off the road.....
My Kworth is limited to 65mph on the cruise controle and 70 mph on the throttle,,,,i usually drive ar a comfy 60mph... i get better fuel millage that way, thus eliminating stoping for fuel so often so there is no loss of earnings
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Gremmie
My Kworth is limited to 65mph on the cruise controle and 70 mph on the throttle,,,,i usually drive ar a comfy 60mph... i get better fuel millage that way, thus eliminating stoping for fuel so often so there is no loss of earnings
This (Overgrown Tonka Toy I got here in UK) MAN unit is tested and limited to 56, like most, but my sat nav tells me I am doing 53, and on cruise it drops to 51 on the sat nav but still shows 56 on speedo.

I know it low, the mechanics use their laptops to check and state its 56, but how come in a 400 mile round trip I am lucky to pass a handful of LGV's.

Man thats crap
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:42 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean.
Until last week, all our trucks were limited to 70.
Now they've been turned down to 65.
Still better then 53 though.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by koogar
I know what you mean.
Until last week, all our trucks were limited to 70.
Now they've been turned down to 65.
Still better then 53 though.
We have a Scania in the yard, may take that out next week, least I can pull a fuse out ( opps slip of the typo ) dont know what I ment....sorry.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

our volvos limited to 105kph on cruise,110 on foot,.
been stuck behind ontario trucks on yellowhead at 90kph ,they are really fed up.
james

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.