Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Canadian Log Books - Advice on their use and Completing

Canadian Log Books - Advice on their use and Completing

Old Oct 25th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Canadian Log Books - Advice on their use and Completing

Did a search on examples of completing log books as I have never used them, just applied for my Digital Tachograph.....now that really is lazy.

Came accross this example froma training company and thought I'd post it but clarify with drivers already there or have used them that this is a Pukka example before I lead evryone down the garden path.

Attached Thumbnails Canadian Log Books - Advice on their use and Completing-log-book-example.jpg  
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:17 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Log Books - Advice on their use and Completing

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Did a search on examples of completing log books as I have never used them, just applied for my Digital Tachograph.....now that really is lazy.

Came accross this example froma training company and thought I'd post it but clarify with drivers already there or have used them that this is a Pukka example before I lead evryone down the garden path.

It's a legal log book Dave although i would advise that there is too much info in the remarks section, just a line down with the location is enough, if you add details like "lunch" and "supper" it just gives DOT more ammunition to make you prove you had lunch there.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:28 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
It's a legal log book Dave although i would advise that there is too much info in the remarks section, just a line down with the location is enough, if you add details like "lunch" and "supper" it just gives DOT more ammunition to make you prove you had lunch there.
Andy, I'm shocked and dismayed with you.
This is only a legal log book if you have a time machine and travel back to last year.
Naughty naughty.... tut tut.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

have to agree with Koogs,these are old one's,they showed them in our class.
Dave did you not see the info we posted yesterday showing all the new laws and log books ???
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:41 pm
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
Andy, I'm shocked and dismayed with you.
This is only a legal log book if you have a time machine and travel back to last year.
Naughty naughty.... tut tut.
ok i admit it looked old but i still use one almost the same, the only difference with mine is the 7 day recap on the r/h side. I stand to be corrected but if you have old stock of the example logbook, you can still legally use them..............until stocks run out/company replaces them.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:42 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Dave did you not see the info we posted yesterday showing all the new laws and log books ???
I don't know
He askes for answers, we spend hours and hours researching and then he doesn't bother to read it.
Frickin greenhorns
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:45 pm
Whatacomplete Member

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
ok i admit it looked old but i still use one almost the same, the only difference with mine is the 7 day recap on the r/h side. I stand to be corrected but if you have old stock of the example logbook, you can still legally use them..............until stocks run out/company replaces them.
Yea, I used to use old ones too Andy.
Just remember to write which 'cycle' you're currently using.
p.s. dispatchers seemed to get upset when I wrote 'Lambretta' in this space
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know
He askes for answers, we spend hours and hours researching and then he doesn't bother to read it.
Frickin greenhorns
Theirs gratitude for ya,,eh and then he starts another thread just to spite us with old logs on it i'm going to sit in the corner and sulk
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Here's the logs that i use,their are of course variations of these,some will have the Post trip Report (vehical saftey check ie. brakes,lights ect.ect.)on the same page or in a sepparate book,depending on your company. Both are legal Docs. and must be completed daily
Attached Thumbnails Canadian Log Books - Advice on their use and Completing-101_0061.jpg  
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:11 pm
Whatacomplete Member

Here's the logs that i use,their are of course variations of these,some will have the Post trip Report (vehical saftey check ie. brakes,lights ect.ect.)on the same page or in a sepparate book,depending on your company. Both are legal Docs. and must be completed daily
Yet again, I have to take issue.
There is absolutely NO WAY!! you will get a red wine stain out of that carpet
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yet again, I have to take issue.
There is absolutely NO WAY!! you will get a red wine stain out of that carpet
You are just as daft as "Boots" in fact dafter
But have you noticed, that since the 3 of us posted all this driving test/truck stop info. That its gone awfully still,are they all reading and lerning, Davie Mac
the scott that he is ,is probably thinking of the money this has saved him in driving lessons
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:42 pm
Whatacomplete Member

You are just as daft as "Boots" in fact dafter
But have you noticed, that since the 3 of us posted all this driving test/truck stop info. That its gone awfully still,are they all reading and lerning, Davie Mac
the scott that he is ,is probably thinking of the money this has saved him in driving lessons
Yea, very quiet. Maybe their brains are melting.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

I am still here Y'all sorry for the big gaps in postings but I'm on course at the moment which lasts for 3 weeks and bit hectic in an evening....hence the posting last night very late about 2330.

Also a big sorry for jumping the gun on the Log Book side I have to admit I have not read everything in detail yet as my 2 brain cells are fried...but should have noticed the .pdf Gremmie supplied which is excellent.

Yes I am a tight assed Jock...I should fly through my tests now......but if I fail there is no way I'm gonna come on here and say so after all this
especially being a driving instructor as well now that would be embarrassing.

For the Log book incident I will give myself 300 lines.

"I must read all posts properly before replying or posting a new message and looking like a right wa***r"

Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:32 pm
Whatacomplete Member

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
I am still here Y'all sorry for the big gaps in postings but I'm on course at the moment which lasts for 3 weeks and bit hectic in an evening....hence the posting last night very late about 2330.

Also a big sorry for jumping the gun on the Log Book side I have to admit I have not read everything in detail yet as my 2 brain cells are fried...but should have noticed the .pdf Gremmie supplied which is excellent.

Yes I am a tight assed Jock...I should fly through my tests now......but if I fail there is no way I'm gonna come on here and say so after all this
especially being a driving instructor as well now that would be embarrassing.

For the Log book incident I will give myself 300 lines.

"I must read all posts properly before replying or posting a new message and looking like a right wa***r"

That's a bit long for 300 lines dave.
We'll let you off with just writing "I'm a wa***r"
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

That's a bit long for 300 lines dave.
We'll let you off with just writing "I'm a wa***r"
Maybe because of all that Wa**** thats what made him blind

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.