canada agency VRV GLOBAL

Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:48 am
Just Joined

maxlondon022 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default canada agency VRV GLOBAL

This is the company that is advertising in UK and emailed me about interveiw in Newcastle UK this August, VRV Global, a full service immigration company located in Calgary, Alberta.
Anybody ever use them.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: canada agency VRV GLOBAL

Originally Posted by maxlondon022
This is the company that is advertising in UK and emailed me about interveiw in Newcastle UK this August, VRV Global, a full service immigration company located in Calgary, Alberta.
Anybody ever use them.
They are linked with H&R Transport in Lethbridge, they charge a lot of money for stuff you can do your self. But it is the only way into H&R
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Any company in my opinion which asks you to pay them or and agent £1000's to come and work for them are not worth S**T,

This has been mentioned 100 times on this forum:

"THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NO REASON / NEED FOR ANY TRUCK DRIVER TO PAY AN AGENT TO GET THEM A JOB IN CANADA"

All the info & paperwork they require you would have to collate yourself & send them anyway so why not just do it yourself.

It's like me saying to you here in the UK:

Send me £5000 and I'll fil in your Passport application / Car & House insurance application forms / Driver License application form / Book your car in for it's MOT & I think that is really good value for money.

Basicly that is what these agent would do for you ask you to send them all the info then just send it off for you with a few bells and whistle sweetners thrown in Like we'll show you where to get you SIN card done put you in touch with a realtor etc etc

Sorry for the rant but these companys who try to exploit UK drivers by blatantly ripping them off really gets on my TiTs.

On the flip side

I was offered work with a company:

0.48c per mile
Good layover package
Flights to Canada paid for (This should be the norm for any company bringing in an overseas driver)
Free use of a car
Free use of accomodation
$1000 settling in money (non repayable)

Excellent company reputation.

You really need to shop around and don't just go with the obvious flow

RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH........Then RESEARCH AGAIN.

Old Jul 24th 2008, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by vickysteve
They are linked with H&R Transport in Lethbridge, they charge a lot of money for stuff you can do your self. But it is the only way into H&R

On another forum I posted one of your comments, asking if it was true. Basically I got my head chewed off me, because what you have said is apparently incorrect.

A H&R driver tells me:

H&R use VRV Global. But H&R pay everything for the driver to come to Canada and work for them. There is no fee for the driver to pay to get a job with H&R. (meaning the applicant doesnt fork out to VRV at this stage)

The only fee payable is if you want to start your PR application after 6 months...in which case everything can be done by yourself, or you can pay VRV to do it - and is also paid for by yourself....
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
On another forum I posted one of your comments, asking if it was true. Basically I got my head chewed off me, because what you have said is apparently incorrect.

A H&R driver tells me:

H&R use VRV Global. But H&R pay everything for the driver to come to Canada and work for them. There is no fee for the driver to pay to get a job with H&R. (meaning the applicant doesnt fork out to VRV at this stage)

The only fee payable is if you want to start your PR application after 6 months...in which case everything can be done by yourself, or you can pay VRV to do it - and is also paid for by yourself....
Yes it the same with all companys there are no fees for the driver to get a job but i bet that when you do come to apply for your PR they charge you a lot of money or they tie you so that you can only use that company. I was speaking to a guy the other day that said he was going to go with H&R but went with Seimans because VRV were going to charge a lot of money
Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

jasper62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Any company in my opinion which asks you to pay them or and agent £1000's to come and work for them are not worth S**T,

This has been mentioned 100 times on this forum:

"THERE IS ABSOLUTLY NO REASON / NEED FOR ANY TRUCK DRIVER TO PAY AN AGENT TO GET THEM A JOB IN CANADA"

All the info & paperwork they require you would have to collate yourself & send them anyway so why not just do it yourself.

It's like me saying to you here in the UK:

Send me £5000 and I'll fil in your Passport application / Car & House insurance application forms / Driver License application form / Book your car in for it's MOT & I think that is really good value for money.

Basicly that is what these agent would do for you ask you to send them all the info then just send it off for you with a few bells and whistle sweetners thrown in Like we'll show you where to get you SIN card done put you in touch with a realtor etc etc

Sorry for the rant but these companys who try to exploit UK drivers by blatantly ripping them off really gets on my TiTs.

On the flip side

I was offered work with a company:

0.48c per mile
Good layover package
Flights to Canada paid for (This should be the norm for any company bringing in an overseas driver)
Free use of a car
Free use of accomodation
$1000 settling in money (non repayable)

Excellent company reputation.

You really need to shop around and don't just go with the obvious flow

RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH........Then RESEARCH AGAIN.

i have recieved my pr and i am looking for work do you want to tell me this great company you are working for, as you never know they might even offer me a job ,fingers crossed lol
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Yes it the same with all companys there are no fees for the driver to get a job but i bet that when you do come to apply for your PR they charge you a lot of money or they tie you so that you can only use that company. I was speaking to a guy the other day that said he was going to go with H&R but went with Seimans because VRV were going to charge a lot of money

Well ofcourse they'd charge you! - Thats what they do.
But you don't have to use a company like VRV for applying for PR is what im sayin.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

If you pay to gain a job with a company in Canada who insist that you have to go through their middle men, the more fool you.

Take advise and find a trucking Co that assists you not rip you off
Old Jul 29th 2008, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jasper62
i have recieved my pr and i am looking for work do you want to tell me this great company you are working for, as you never know they might even offer me a job ,fingers crossed lol
Err Not working for any company at present still in Uk waiting to sell a bloody house.

The company I mentioned is in another part of Canada to that we are currently set on moving to but it still could be an option depending on how things go in the coming months therefore sorry but will have to keep it under me hat for now, I only mentioned them to show that if the company is a decent one then they should do as much as possible to enable you to make the move and look after you when you get there and start working for them, then assist you down the route to PR and retaining you as an employee...Not ripping you off by insisting you use agencys who are obviously giving the company some sort of handshake & anyone who thinks for one min that they are not working in conjunction with one another is very mistaken. Money makes business go round and these truck companies are not going to introduce you to an agent for nothing. The only other thing I could think of is that they outsource their recruitment to an agency which is a valid option...but that charge SHOULD NOT be passed onto the potential employee.

There is a certain company who come to the UK to hire UK drivers and usualy it is the same team which arrive to do the interviews, people should ask them how much the company rep gets for hiring each driver, I was told it was £250 per driver hired....then the agency "LOOKS" after you until you get PR.....for a fee of course.

It is bare faced exploitation.

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Jul 29th 2008 at 10:20 am.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:18 am
Kev and Lisa

Rodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the rough

Its not the only way into h&r they are not bothered if you use them or not. Hubby works for h&r and were doing it ourselfs really easy too.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

jasper62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Err Not working for any company at present still in Uk waiting to sell a bloody house.

The company I mentioned is in another part of Canada to that we are currently set on moving to but it still could be an option depending on how things go in the coming months therefore sorry but will have to keep it under me hat for now, I only mentioned them to show that if the company is a decent one then they should do as much as possible to enable you to make the move and look after you when you get there and start working for them, then assist you down the route to PR and retaining you as an employee...Not ripping you off by insisting you use agencys who are obviously giving the company some sort of handshake & anyone who thinks for one min that they are not working in conjunction with one another is very mistaken. Money makes business go round and these truck companies are not going to introduce you to an agent for nothing. The only other thing I could think of is that they outsource their recruitment to an agency which is a valid option...but that charge SHOULD NOT be passed onto the potential employee.

There is a certain company who come to the UK to hire UK drivers and usualy it is the same team which arrive to do the interviews, people should ask them how much the company rep gets for hiring each driver, I was told it was £250 per driver hired....then the agency "LOOKS" after you until you get PR.....for a fee of course.

It is bare faced exploitation.
what part of canada is this job then davie mac east / west / north or south give me a clue elo ?????
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

woozle is an unknown quantity at this point

can anyone tell me i had a little trouble with the law 30 years ago is this going to be a prob when applying for permanent residence .
we also have job and doing paper work on our own some companys just want your money.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

bigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to allbigwheels241 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by woozle
can anyone tell me i had a little trouble with the law 30 years ago is this going to be a prob when applying for permanent residence .
we also have job and doing paper work on our own some companys just want your money.
If it is drug / sexual or involves a gun or combat robbery then you have more chance getting into the French Foreign Leigon
Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, my brother had an interview with H&R yesterday. Went really well and they are paying all the fees to get him there.

He has 2 cautions on his record, not drugs, sex or guns! The H&R bloke said it shouldnt be a problem but he would look into it for my brother. He said it was likely he would have to go to the Canadian embassy in London to apply for a pardon. He didnt seem too concerned though.

If you look on the official site for Canada in London there is reference to the pardon and the forms needed. However, they seem to all relate to convictions, not cautions so we will wait to hear further from H&R.

Ren