Bus driving?

Old Jul 15th 2009, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

TforceNab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bus driving?

I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me the current situation on Bus Driving recruitment/visa aquirement in Canada, July onwards 2009?

Have had my bus license since 2002, good track record, was a service driver in UK for four years and I need a change of lifestyle. Are employers still keen on employing UK people?

Any info greatly appreciated - vacancies, prospects, wages, hours etc.

Thanx in advance.
Old Jul 16th 2009, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice
Default Re: Bus driving?

Dont know a whole lot on the subject, however I do know that at one stage Calgary Transit were looking up to 200 bus drivers on their own Temp foreign worker programme, to fill shortages. This was in 2008 though. They could run the programme this year again, i dunno.

Google is your friend. Best just to get on the phone with some places, and ask directly.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

TforceNab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bus driving?

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Dont know a whole lot on the subject, however I do know that at one stage Calgary Transit were looking up to 200 bus drivers on their own Temp foreign worker programme, to fill shortages. This was in 2008 though. They could run the programme this year again, i dunno.

Google is your friend. Best just to get on the phone with some places, and ask directly.
Thanks for the reply. I did look on Google, but most of the websites were about driving regulations etc. as opposed to moving there and driving.

Shall look into that company. Once again, thankyou.