bunac

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

spockil is on a distinguished road
Default bunac

the option i took to come out to canada was a 1 year working visa through BUNAC. but you have to meet thier requirments .
then i came over with some money stuffed into my pockets and came over passed my tests and i am not tied to any company...
my plan is to settle with a company see how it goes for around 6 months then get paperwork for the work permit for 2 years and then i willl be tied to them but in that 2 years il apply for pr which should be plenty of time..... as the saying goes there is more than one way to skin a cat so find the best options for your self and good luck.
a quick note if ur over here and you have a friend willing use his address to get license and try and do ur tests when ur out for interviews id say around 2 weeks should be enough my biggest stumble was getting an address. once i had that everything fell into place. but ur supposed to have a work visa but you could try.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice
Default Re: bunac

How is life in Saskatchewan then?

hows the job front, who employ's with a view to helping with Pr over there?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

serio is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spockil
the option i took to come out to canada was a 1 year working visa through BUNAC. but you have to meet thier requirments .
then i came over with some money stuffed into my pockets and came over passed my tests and i am not tied to any company...
my plan is to settle with a company see how it goes for around 6 months then get paperwork for the work permit for 2 years and then i willl be tied to them but in that 2 years il apply for pr which should be plenty of time..... as the saying goes there is more than one way to skin a cat so find the best options for your self and good luck.
a quick note if ur over here and you have a friend willing use his address to get license and try and do ur tests when ur out for interviews id say around 2 weeks should be enough my biggest stumble was getting an address. once i had that everything fell into place. but ur supposed to have a work visa but you could try.

Just wondering how old are you as I thought there were conditions applied to the Bru
Old Sep 5th 2009, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by serio
Just wondering how old are you as I thought there were conditions applied to the Bru
im 31 but i applied before my 31st birthday if you look up bunac it will give u all details.
Old Sep 5th 2009, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
How is life in Saskatchewan then?

hows the job front, who employ's with a view to helping with Pr over there?
well sask is hot averaging around 25 just now which is cold for this time of year.
job front is good im hearing of some more companies that are looking.
iv found a small company thats willing to help so il keep you all posted what all happens but if all else fails iv got my license and experience so i could always get a job with the likes of siemens if needed.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

well sask is hot averaging around 25 just now which is cold for this time of year.
job front is good im hearing of some more companies that are looking.
iv found a small company thats willing to help so il keep you all posted what all happens but if all else fails iv got my license and experience so i could always get a job with the likes of siemens if needed.
This sounds good mate. Glad it is working for you at the moment!
Old Sep 7th 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dinger24
This sounds good mate. Glad it is working for you at the moment!
thanks and dont give up on ur dreams.
if there is a will there is a way..
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Who the hell is Will?
Old Sep 9th 2009, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Who the hell is Will?
a yea the famous smart ass has shown his face again.....i can hear him laughing. or is that him crying?????
Old Sep 9th 2009, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

a yea the famous smart ass has shown his face again.....i can hear him laughing. or is that him crying?????
? Why would I be crying?
Old Sep 12th 2009, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

What part of the province are you in spockil? saskatoon?

Where are you staying at the minute? renting?

Just trying to guage what living costs are like there...rent, food, clothing etc...

Old Sep 12th 2009, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
What part of the province are you in spockil? saskatoon?

Where are you staying at the minute? renting?

Just trying to guage what living costs are like there...rent, food, clothing etc...

There are a few threads like this about cost of living etc on the main forum!
Old Sep 12th 2009, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

There are a few threads like this about cost of living etc on the main forum!
Aye but the majority of them are on well paid jobs, I wont be

LoL
Old Sep 12th 2009, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

This is the problem with us truckers were always broke!
If your single then there is a lot of cost cutting corners, such as living in the truck and only staying in a cheap B&B. You just simply live out of a suitcase, but this doesnt last for ever and eventually you will want to settle down!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

well to answer a few questions i am living in a small town called moosomin in saskatchewan and its a nice little town. and i have been fortunate enough to be living in someones basement and i am thankful for them letting me stay just now but it is not ideal im waiting for some apartments to become available because there is a pipeline going through the area and there is also a mine expansion going on so apartments are hard to come by just now but hopefully soon some will come up.
as for living costs im still learning it all.
if you have specific questions i may be able to help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.