Brits working together

Old Jun 21st 2010, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brits working together

I have 2 trucks loading in Calgary both bringing full loads of Pop to WPG. All well and good but 1 is a reefer the other a van with different axel configurations. Long story short the drivers scaled after loading and the van is to heavey at the rear, so they returned to the shipper to have the load re worked. The shipper refused to saying its not his job, so i called the shipper and introduced myself to him, only to have a frickin Geordie tell me his boss'll kill im if he re does the load. But being a Geordie he's re doing the load
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Brits working together

I had a FLT driver put his entire mast through the roof of my van at CT in Calgary a few months back. I remained calm about it because it was pointless doing otherwise. Because of that, they repaired the roof onsite and were decent with me. Since then, they have looked after me well there and have never messed me around like they seem to do with others. When they lost my paperwork the last time I went there they took my word for it that the paperwork was there and hassled their own people to find it.. (They did, eventually)

The guy who I dealt with after the escapade with the roof is a Geordie, too. So I suppose that a little cooperation does occur from time to time.

But with you, Gremmie? I find that hard to imagine....