Ayr Motor Express

Old Apr 1st 2015, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ayr Motor Express

I just spoke to a recruiter at Ayr Motor express as a friend was asking about LMIAs and they told me they may be getting some LMIAs in May but not 100% certain.I know some guys on here dont rate them but its somwhere to start off .
Old Apr 1st 2015, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Kiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ayr Motor Express

I was also told by them to give them a shout in April or they'd contact me as they were expecting them. There is an online blog from a driver who worked for them and i'm not sure what I make of it, the training period seemed immensely long and he also made a big point about if the wheels aren't moving the boss isn't happy which is never a particularly encouraging phrase to here. I decided to look elsewhere and things are moving but it's an option in case things don't go to plan.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I heard it was a long training period too.If the wheels arent moving you dont get paid thats the way it is with long haul.They dont pay well but its an option if things dont pan out.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilcumming
Yes I heard it was a long training period too.If the wheels arent moving you dont get paid thats the way it is with long haul.They dont pay well but its an option if things dont pan out.
"Don't pay well" is the understatement of the year, I read from a driver that went there that it's 18cpm while training, if true, that's got to be about the worst paying driving job in Nth America.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Has it come to this , Ayr being considered an option ? Just NO
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Originally Posted by neilcumming
Not strictly true, there are companies that pay for waiting, picks, drops, layovers, lumping, breakdowns and border crossings etc. There much better options than Ayr Motor in my opinion.

I know that the LMIA's are thin on the ground but at what price to you really want to be here? Plenty have gone to work for companies like that only to go home with their dreams and back accounts broken.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

I hear what everyone is saying but in the present climate where TWP are thin on the ground and temp. workers are being sent home drivers coming to Canada arent going to have alot of options .Im just posting what I heard on the grapevine ,it may help someone who is looking for an LMIA ,on the other hand it may not.
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Kiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of light

I get that trucks aren't earning anything while they are not moving but from reading the blog I mentioned I got the feel that you are treated like a machine, a piece of equipment that they need to keep running for as long as it can until it breaks and then they'll replace it. It seems that there are many companies like this which is often the reasons drivers cite for giving up and going back home. There are, however, companies that appreciate drivers need proper breaks and time off work and that they do sometimes want to know when they will be getting home etc..especially if they expect to retain those drivers.

It's a long blog to read so maybe if you are bored at some point flick through Driver Dave Trucking in Canada but you can get the general idea especially in the first few months, I think a lot of depends on the driver too, the guy in this one seemed to feel that even after a couple of months and thousands of miles across Canada as a team he still wasn't ready for the driving test which just seems totally weird to me, people have different thresholds, expectations and can put up with way more crap than others. I know for a fact that if I was stuck in a cab with bob the trucker driving team for a 3-4month training period on 18c per mile I would not last long at all, days in fact.

Ultimately I agree that is an option though and you were right to post it, for those who can't find anything else

Last edited by Kiowan; Apr 3rd 2015 at 2:45 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

18c per mile on team..is awful just a bloody disgrace to Canada!
$180 for a thousand team miles...a single persons job not a married one that's for sure,slip seating as well.
I was told and heard stories about ayr 7yrs ago when we came over ,but still paying this low unbelievable!
Old Apr 4th 2015, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

or $11.70/hr @ an average 65mph which you're pretty unlikely to achieve.
Old Apr 6th 2015, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesmc
18c per mile on team..is awful just a bloody disgrace to Canada!
$180 for a thousand team miles...a single persons job not a married one that's for sure,slip seating as well.
I was told and heard stories about ayr 7yrs ago when we came over ,but still paying this low unbelievable!
I don't recruit teams now but i did in my last job and the team rate was 70c per mile.
I thought you only got paid 18c per mile working for an American outfit !!!
Old Apr 8th 2015, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know its crap,I got 18c a mile when I was in "training" at Paramount Truck Lines but that was for 3 weeks.As I said I only started the thread as the info may help someone looking for a LMIA ,already here in Canada or in UK.If I hear of any companpies with LMIAs I will post it.