British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/aussy-uk-team-long-distance-lorry-driving-805929/)

truckachick Aug 13th 2013 7:31 pm

Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Are there any companies near Ipswich that offer 2 up lorry driving. Thinking about moving over to be closer to family but need info on licence transfer. I am licenced to drive B Doubles - Multiple Combination(double trailors) and hubby has HC (single trailor)

Gremmie Aug 15th 2013 11:51 pm

Re: Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Originally Posted by truckachick (Post 10849243)
Are there any companies near Ipswich that offer 2 up lorry driving. Thinking about moving over to be closer to family but need info on licence transfer. I am licenced to drive B Doubles - Multiple Combination(double trailors) and hubby has HC (single trailor)

:rofl::rofl: this has to be a joke post..:rofl:

truckachick Aug 16th 2013 3:12 am

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 10852975)

hmm, crazy for moving over to a place that doesn't offer much but being close to family. Unfortunately no joke. Wouldn't know whats on offer over there so thought I'd ask :D

Pollyana Aug 16th 2013 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 10852975)

Not very welcoming to a new poster is it?

Pollyana Aug 16th 2013 5:10 am

Originally Posted by truckachick (Post 10853116)
hmm, crazy for moving over to a place that doesn't offer much but being close to family. Unfortunately no joke. Wouldn't know whats on offer over there so thought I'd ask :D

Do you both have the right to live in the UK or do either of you need visas? If the latter, your first port of call isa our UK forum to work out how to get into the UK :)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=196

truckachick Aug 16th 2013 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 10853188)
Do you both have the right to live in the UK or do either of you need visas? If the latter, your first port of call isa our UK forum to work out how to get into the UK :)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Husbands parents are from there , Mother, brothers and sister reside in Ipswich, but he was born in NZ. He's entitled to apply for a British passport so I'm guessing being married to him at this point is a bonus for me :D.

truckachick Aug 16th 2013 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 10853187)

I found it amusing, but that's just me :rofl:

grant r Aug 16th 2013 7:57 am

Originally Posted by truckachick (Post 10849243)

I think your find gremmies humour is relating to the fact England doesn't run b doubles and a simple Google search would have told you that, or double trailer's. All we run here is Arctic's (unit and 1 trailer) and wag and drag. And not really any call for 2 up on this little island of ours :rofl: maybe down near dover running Europe there would be.

truckachick Aug 16th 2013 11:13 am

Originally Posted by grant r (Post 10853368)
I think your find gremmies humour is relating to the fact England doesn't run b doubles and a simple Google search would have told you that, or double trailer's. All we run here is Arctic's (unit and 1 trailer) and wag and drag. And not really any call for 2 up on this little island of ours :rofl: maybe down near dover running Europe there would be.

Lol, yeah I knew they had small trucks, more making a point that I'm comfortable in any sized rig. Would love to run Europe but a little far from where we wanted to be based. If money was better we would opt for normal jobs but still have a mortgage back in NZ to cover so I guess moving over wouldnt be achievable until all expenses are taken care of this end. Worth looking into though, any information helps. Thanks for the input anyway :)

Pollyana Aug 16th 2013 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by truckachick (Post 10853266)
Husbands parents are from there , Mother, brothers and sister reside in Ipswich, but he was born in NZ. He's entitled to apply for a British passport so I'm guessing being married to him at this point is a bonus for me :D.

Need to check out the UK forum as to the requirements for a UK Spouse Visa then :)

grant r Aug 16th 2013 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by truckachick (Post 10853603)
Lol, yeah I knew they had small trucks, more making a point that I'm comfortable in any sized rig. Woul love to run Europe but a little far from where we wanted to be based. If money was better we would opt for normal jobs but still have a mortgage back in NZ to cover so I guess moving over wouldnt be achievable until all expenses are taken care of this end. Worth looking into though, any information helps. Thanks for the input anyway :)

Well if it's ipswich you want to go to there's the port of Felixstowe just down the road with obviously containers and curtainsider work a plenty but the wages are really piss poor these days, then of course our roads are piss poor and car drivers have piss poor attitudes towards us, remind me again why you want to come here :rofl:

truckachick Aug 16th 2013 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by grant r (Post 10853690)
Well if it's ipswich you want to go to there's the port of Felixstowe just down the road with obviously containers and curtainsider work a plenty but the wages are really piss poor these days, then of course our roads are piss poor and car drivers have piss poor attitudes towards us, remind me again why you want to come here :rofl:

Yea, we just come back from two weeks over visiting our Ipswich bus wkrs (family joke, wont spell out lol). Felixstowe is our favourite place to visit...well the penny game machines are :). Oh the car drivers are the same there? will make us feel right at home then . As for no money and crap roads ..just what we've always wanted...not! but I love a challange as much as the husband loves his family over there :)

truckachick Aug 16th 2013 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by truckachick (Post 10854509)
Yea, we just come back from two weeks over visiting our Ipswich bus wkrs (family joke, wont spell out lol). Felixstowe is our favourite place to visit...well the penny game machines are :). Oh the car drivers are the same there? will make us feel right at home then . As for no money and crap roads ..just what we've always wanted...not! but I love a challange as much as the husband loves his family over there :)

Oh and Santapod is well good :)

grant r Aug 16th 2013 10:01 pm

[QUOTE Felixstowe is our favourite place to visit...well the penny game machines are :)[/QUOTE]

Never heard anyone say that about Felixstowe :rofl: but if it's penny game machines you want you should try my neck of the woods, southend :thumbsup:

Gremmie Aug 17th 2013 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by grant r (Post 10853368)

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 10853187)

What Grant R said....

Polly.... Take a humor pill:p:p