Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Old Aug 13th 2013, 7:31 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne , Australia
Posts: 9
truckachick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Are there any companies near Ipswich that offer 2 up lorry driving. Thinking about moving over to be closer to family but need info on licence transfer. I am licenced to drive B Doubles - Multiple Combination(double trailors) and hubby has HC (single trailor)
truckachick is offline  
Old Aug 15th 2013, 11:51 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
Gremmie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Posts: 4,423
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Originally Posted by truckachick
Are there any companies near Ipswich that offer 2 up lorry driving. Thinking about moving over to be closer to family but need info on licence transfer. I am licenced to drive B Doubles - Multiple Combination(double trailors) and hubby has HC (single trailor)
this has to be a joke post..
Gremmie is offline  
Old Aug 16th 2013, 3:12 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne , Australia
Posts: 9
truckachick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Originally Posted by Gremmie
this has to be a joke post..
hmm, crazy for moving over to a place that doesn't offer much but being close to family. Unfortunately no joke. Wouldn't know whats on offer over there so thought I'd ask
truckachick is offline  
Old Aug 16th 2013, 5:08 am
  #4  
Home and Happy
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,814
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Originally Posted by Gremmie
this has to be a joke post..
Not very welcoming to a new poster is it?
Pollyana is offline  
Old Aug 16th 2013, 5:10 am
  #5  
Home and Happy
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,814
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Originally Posted by truckachick
hmm, crazy for moving over to a place that doesn't offer much but being close to family. Unfortunately no joke. Wouldn't know whats on offer over there so thought I'd ask
Do you both have the right to live in the UK or do either of you need visas? If the latter, your first port of call isa our UK forum to work out how to get into the UK

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=196
Pollyana is offline  
Old Aug 16th 2013, 6:29 am
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne , Australia
Posts: 9
truckachick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Do you both have the right to live in the UK or do either of you need visas? If the latter, your first port of call isa our UK forum to work out how to get into the UK

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=196
Husbands parents are from there , Mother, brothers and sister reside in Ipswich, but he was born in NZ. He's entitled to apply for a British passport so I'm guessing being married to him at this point is a bonus for me .
truckachick is offline  
Old Aug 16th 2013, 6:32 am
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne , Australia
Posts: 9
truckachick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not very welcoming to a new poster is it?
I found it amusing, but that's just me
truckachick is offline  
Old Aug 16th 2013, 7:57 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
grant r's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 170
grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice
Default Re: Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Originally Posted by truckachick
Are there any companies near Ipswich that offer 2 up lorry driving. Thinking about moving over to be closer to family but need info on licence transfer. I am licenced to drive B Doubles - Multiple Combination(double trailors) and hubby has HC (single trailor)
I think your find gremmies humour is relating to the fact England doesn't run b doubles and a simple Google search would have told you that, or double trailer's. All we run here is Arctic's (unit and 1 trailer) and wag and drag. And not really any call for 2 up on this little island of ours maybe down near dover running Europe there would be.
grant r is offline  
Old Aug 16th 2013, 11:13 am
  #9  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne , Australia
Posts: 9
truckachick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Originally Posted by grant r
I think your find gremmies humour is relating to the fact England doesn't run b doubles and a simple Google search would have told you that, or double trailer's. All we run here is Arctic's (unit and 1 trailer) and wag and drag. And not really any call for 2 up on this little island of ours maybe down near dover running Europe there would be.
Lol, yeah I knew they had small trucks, more making a point that I'm comfortable in any sized rig. Would love to run Europe but a little far from where we wanted to be based. If money was better we would opt for normal jobs but still have a mortgage back in NZ to cover so I guess moving over wouldnt be achievable until all expenses are taken care of this end. Worth looking into though, any information helps. Thanks for the input anyway
truckachick is offline  
Old Aug 16th 2013, 12:24 pm
  #10  
Home and Happy
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,814
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Originally Posted by truckachick
Husbands parents are from there , Mother, brothers and sister reside in Ipswich, but he was born in NZ. He's entitled to apply for a British passport so I'm guessing being married to him at this point is a bonus for me .
Need to check out the UK forum as to the requirements for a UK Spouse Visa then
Pollyana is offline  
Old Aug 16th 2013, 12:26 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
grant r's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 170
grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice
Default Re: Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Originally Posted by truckachick
Lol, yeah I knew they had small trucks, more making a point that I'm comfortable in any sized rig. Woul love to run Europe but a little far from where we wanted to be based. If money was better we would opt for normal jobs but still have a mortgage back in NZ to cover so I guess moving over wouldnt be achievable until all expenses are taken care of this end. Worth looking into though, any information helps. Thanks for the input anyway
Well if it's ipswich you want to go to there's the port of Felixstowe just down the road with obviously containers and curtainsider work a plenty but the wages are really piss poor these days, then of course our roads are piss poor and car drivers have piss poor attitudes towards us, remind me again why you want to come here
grant r is offline  
Old Aug 16th 2013, 9:48 pm
  #12  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne , Australia
Posts: 9
truckachick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Originally Posted by grant r
Well if it's ipswich you want to go to there's the port of Felixstowe just down the road with obviously containers and curtainsider work a plenty but the wages are really piss poor these days, then of course our roads are piss poor and car drivers have piss poor attitudes towards us, remind me again why you want to come here
Yea, we just come back from two weeks over visiting our Ipswich bus wkrs (family joke, wont spell out lol). Felixstowe is our favourite place to visit...well the penny game machines are . Oh the car drivers are the same there? will make us feel right at home then . As for no money and crap roads ..just what we've always wanted...not! but I love a challange as much as the husband loves his family over there
truckachick is offline  
Old Aug 16th 2013, 9:50 pm
  #13  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne , Australia
Posts: 9
truckachick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Originally Posted by truckachick
Yea, we just come back from two weeks over visiting our Ipswich bus wkrs (family joke, wont spell out lol). Felixstowe is our favourite place to visit...well the penny game machines are . Oh the car drivers are the same there? will make us feel right at home then . As for no money and crap roads ..just what we've always wanted...not! but I love a challange as much as the husband loves his family over there
Oh and Santapod is well good
truckachick is offline  
Old Aug 16th 2013, 10:01 pm
  #14  
Forum Regular
 
grant r's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 170
grant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nicegrant r is just really nice
Default Re: Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

[QUOTE Felixstowe is our favourite place to visit...well the penny game machines are [/QUOTE]

Never heard anyone say that about Felixstowe but if it's penny game machines you want you should try my neck of the woods, southend
grant r is offline  
Old Aug 17th 2013, 6:54 pm
  #15  
BE Forum Addict
 
Gremmie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Posts: 4,423
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussy to Uk - team long distance lorry driving

Originally Posted by grant r
I think your find gremmies humour is relating to the fact England doesn't run b doubles and a simple Google search would have told you that, or double trailer's. All we run here is Arctic's (unit and 1 trailer) and wag and drag. And not really any call for 2 up on this little island of ours maybe down near dover running Europe there would be.
Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not very welcoming to a new poster is it?
What Grant R said....

Polly.... Take a humor pill
Gremmie is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.