Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Trucking
Reload this Page >

7511 'example titles' all okay for PNP???

7511 'example titles' all okay for PNP???

Old Dec 17th 2012, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Gazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to all
Default 7511 'example titles' all okay for PNP???

After much faffing around I'm starting to get my head around the PNP process and was just looking at the NOC list headed '7511 Transport truck drivers'

Example Titles
bulk goods truck driver
dump truck driver
flatbed truck driver
logging truck driver
long haul truck driver
moving van driver
shunt truck driver
tow truck driver
transport driver
truck driver
truck driver, heavy truck
truck driver, tractor-trailer

Would all these titles be eligible for applying through PNP?, that can't be right can it?
Also, under 'employment requirements' I read;
    ,please tell me that's not correct...
    Old Dec 17th 2012, 6:50 pm
    BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute
    Default Re: 7511 'example titles' all okay for PNP???

I think(manitoba) its noc 7411c Long distance truck driver .
    only for a TWP. cant speak for other provinces.
    meaning that your journeys must be inter provincial .
    you can be trained in a accredicated school , that means you can claim 60% of cost of training back on taxes at end o yr.
    some guys do a wk or so course and some do more
    imo i paid for my own an did a 6wk course ( i could afford it )
    was 2wk driving plus class room rules regs canada /usa,
    log book regs, chains etc.
    i was road ready to go ,lol ,i had 25+ yrs driving in uk /euro..
    nb. company i was going to had uk drivers before and they only did 2wk course and had to take then of road due to rules /log book probs.
    lots of strange rules over here and if you are stopped at a scale and somethings wrong with logbook etc...no mercy shown just because you are a new start.
    jimmy.
    Old Dec 17th 2012, 7:35 pm
    Forum Regular

Gazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to allGazman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jamesmc
    I think(manitoba) its noc 7411c Long distance truck driver .
    only for a TWP. cant speak for other provinces.
    meaning that your journeys must be inter provincial .
    you can be trained in a accredicated school , that means you can claim 60% of cost of training back on taxes at end o yr.
    some guys do a wk or so course and some do more
    imo i paid for my own an did a 6wk course ( i could afford it )
    was 2wk driving plus class room rules regs canada /usa,
    log book regs, chains etc.
    i was road ready to go ,lol ,i had 25+ yrs driving in uk /euro..
    nb. company i was going to had uk drivers before and they only did 2wk course and had to take then of road due to rules /log book probs.
    lots of strange rules over here and if you are stopped at a scale and somethings wrong with logbook etc...no mercy shown just because you are a new start.
    jimmy.
    hmm, i got that list from an Ontario link so perhaps it's specific to them..
    I have just over 25 yrs too now uk/euro/ireland, but if there's a lot of new stuff to learn suppose it's best not skrimp on the lessons.
    Wonder if any companies will pay for a six week stint???...
    Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:04 pm
    BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard of companys paying training but its usually on the job double team for wk or two.as you need to show experience to get lmo,twp.
    As you know after 25yrs driving we have all picked up bad habits ,,my main ones were elbow on door,,hand on gearlever..
    Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:19 pm
    SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazman
    hmm, i got that list from an Ontario link so perhaps it's specific to them..
    There's no trucking option under the Ontario PNP, it wouldn't be possible to get PR there from a TWP.

Most PNP's with a semi-skilled stream for truckers are for a specific NOC code, but if you can prove you do the majority of duties under that NOC code, then it doesn't matter if your actual job title is one of the ones under the 'related' list.

Although as jamesmc said it's usually long distance truck driver (7411) that qualifies for the PNP.

HTH.
    Old Dec 18th 2012, 6:30 am
    Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
    There's no trucking option under the Ontario PNP, it wouldn't be possible to get PR there from a TWP.

Most PNP's with a semi-skilled stream for truckers are for a specific NOC code, but if you can prove you do the majority of duties under that NOC code, then it doesn't matter if your actual job title is one of the ones under the 'related' list.

Although as jamesmc said it's usually long distance truck driver (7411) that qualifies for the PNP.

HTH.
    Where did you find that information??, I went through the Wiki link to Options Ontario and didn't spot that I arrived at the list above
    Old Dec 18th 2012, 1:56 pm
    BE Forum Addict

as above no pnp for truckers in ontario
    Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:00 pm
    Forum Regular

as above no pnp for truckers in ontario
    looks like I might aim for NB or NS instead then , although I apparently have a distant relative near Oakville ON, perhaps I should call by one day and say "Hi, remember me?, lovely to see you, where's my bed?"...
    Old Dec 18th 2012, 6:21 pm
    BE Forum Addict

remember Nb & NS are know as low wage regions for truck drivers . better wi SK<MB,AB.
    Old Dec 18th 2012, 8:38 pm
    Forum Regular

remember Nb & NS are know as low wage regions for truck drivers . better wi SK<MB,AB.
    I know I'm going around in circles now but I've just looked at Winnipeg as an alternative. Wikipedia says;

"Winnipeg is ranked second for Canada's clearest skies year-round, sixth sunniest city year-round, and second for sunniest city in Canada in spring and winter".

sounds great, but then I read...

"Tornadoes are not uncommon in the area,...A Fujita scale F5 tornado struck Elie (just 40 km (25 mi) west of Winnipeg) in 2007; this was the strongest tornado ever recorded in Canada".

somebody somewhere is sticking pins in my doll!
    Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:54 pm
    BE Forum Addict

Dont always believe what you read...Manitoba is the size o great britain plus the islands so what happens in one area you wouldnt know 50mls away.
    We were half an hr ish away when that happened (holiday /job interviews) and ya didnt know till it was on news ,,well sky was black .
    jimmy
    Old Dec 20th 2012, 6:13 pm
    Forum Regular

Dont always believe what you read...Manitoba is the size o great britain plus the islands so what happens in one area you wouldnt know 50mls away.
    We were half an hr ish away when that happened (holiday /job interviews) and ya didnt know till it was on news ,,well sky was black .
    jimmy
    OMG!!, are you serious?, Manitoba alone the size of UK?, isn't that mad! thanks Jimmy, you're by far the most helpful person on this community website ...

er, here's just another question that you could probably answer...I used to do night trunking to Bellshill a lot and there was a truck stop on the A74 Northbound just before you start dropping down towards Hamilton.
    I can't for my life remember the name of the place and it's driving me nuts trying to remember it ??? ......
    Gareth.
    Old Dec 20th 2012, 8:22 pm
    BE Forum Addict

Happendon lodge,and was there one at Blackwood.
    lol aye its a big place ..you dont say you are going 50mls for shopping(big mall)
    you end up saying 45mins etc.. hour an a half tae w/peg etc .(not 90mls).
    im told most folk in MB. live less than 150mls from USA border.
    only 1.2million in the province. and majority live in w/nnpeg
    jimmy
    Old Dec 20th 2012, 8:40 pm
    Forum Regular

Happendon lodge,and was there one at Blackwood.
    lol aye its a big place ..you dont say you are going 50mls for shopping(big mall)
    you end up saying 45mins etc.. hour an a half tae w/peg etc .(not 90mls).
    im told most folk in MB. live less than 150mls from USA border.
    only 1.2million in the province. and majority live in w/nnpeg
    jimmy
    ...er, no I don't think it was Happendon lodge or Blackwood, it was a real grotty little place about 30mins short from Hamilton with pot holes the size of Canada , I think it began with a 'Q' and was just one word... I used to drop full trailers there and take an empty back for Iceland Frozen Foods...
    Never mind, It'll come to me just as I'm not thinking about it I'm sure
    Old Dec 20th 2012, 8:44 pm
    BE Forum Addict

red moss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.