Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

You're adopted now: Here's your new name

You're adopted now: Here's your new name

Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: You're adopted now: Here's your new name

I was adopted from a Mongolian family and recently found out my birth name was/is "Temüjin".
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
I was adopted from a Mongolian family and recently found out my birth name was/is "Temüjin".
What would you like us to call you...Geng?
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Or Chaka?
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

You googled it didn't ya?
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You googled it didn't ya?
How thick do you think I am? Wait don't answer that.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

How thick do you think I am? Wait don't answer that.
I just thought you being a northerner would've thought "Temüjin" was one of Schwartz Spices.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 2:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I just thought you being a northerner would've thought "Temüjin" was one of Schwartz Spices.
and what would I know about Schwartz Spices? Don't you read any of my posts? I don't cook. If I can't nuke it...he don't eat it.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 4:04 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

.... If I can't nuke it...he don't eat it.
indeed...now that would be amusing to see....
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 4:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Bob
indeed...now that would be amusing to see....
Bob!!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 4:17 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Bob!!

dirty minds...the lot of you...
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

monique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rete
Because she is a celebrity and can do whatever she wishes. The name Pax means peace doesn't it? Need anyone say more?
I agree.

Name change or not, the child would have been confused in the early stages of this adoption anyway due to the drastic changes in environment, people, etc., I think his name change is the last of his worries now, kids adjust quickly and he will most definitely have a life he would have never otherwise have had and isn't this the main concern here?. From what I have read, Jolie's intent is to love and change some poor kid's life for the better, no selfish/hidden agenda that I can see...she has in fact saved the lives of these children and I don't think she deserves any criticism....when was the last time you saved someone's life?.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 3:49 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monique
I agree.

*snip*

[Jolie] has in fact saved the lives of these children and I don't think she deserves any criticism....when was the last time you saved someone's life?.
Hmm... You start out by saying you agree with Rete, and then you slam her for her comments. Bit strange, isn't that? No one was criticizing Jolie for adopting children. Where did you read that in this thread?

So she's adopted children -- so what? People do that every day. The fact that Angelina Jolie is a celebrity is irrelevant. It doesn't make her any more of a "savior" than any other adoptive parent.

Even if it did, that doesn't change that fact that some people -- like me -- find it odd and disturbing that a person would change the name of a child who is 3-years-old, the only reason being because that child is being adopted. I used her as an example because her celebrity status make it newsworthy.

~ Jenney
Old Mar 24th 2007, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

monique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Hmm... You start out by saying you agree with Rete, and then you slam her for her comments. Bit strange, isn't that? No one was criticizing Jolie for adopting children. Where did you read that in this thread?

~ Jenney
I said I had agreed with Rete's comment, then moved on to a new paragraph and was commenting in general. There was nothing to slam her about as she wasn't the one being critical in the least, so I am not sure why you thought this.

I agree with you too to some degree, but the point I was trying to make was simply that the name change would surely be overcome and that Jolie would more than make up with her love, that was it, no snip of any kind.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:40 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

People like Jolie and Madonna collecting nice little matching sets of adorable enthnic babies has led to the emergence of the term "ethnotot."

I don't know why we're all so hard on them, though. These kids will have a better life thanks to them.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:48 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I had a name change at 13 when my mum remarried...I had the option of changing my first name on the form which was a standard one...so it must be very common...

I know a few little girls who came here from China at 2/3 who had a name change with no worries...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.