Wikiposts

Young People

Old Aug 6th 2016, 9:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Young People

Personal experience and that of friends from an employment perspective has not been that good, a lot of entitled pot heads.
Old Aug 6th 2016, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Teckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond reputeTeckelspass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
I buy White Zinfadel in cases from Trader Joe's occasionally. It's as good as any other Zinfadel of comparable price IMO
Maybe bc I really don't like White Zinfandel? 😜. Now a good Zinfandel is another matter!
Old Aug 7th 2016, 8:25 pm
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Young people...over paid, over coddled and over angst.
Old Aug 13th 2016, 12:46 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Our neighbours have four children, I think the oldest, a boy, is now 18, and the youngest, a girl, is about 5 or 6. They pretty much keep themselves to themselves, and homeschool their children - the mother is a community college lecturer by training, so she likely knows what she is doing on the homeschooling front. The fact they keep themselves to themselves means that they don't impact us much. Most of the visitors seem to be his parents, who live nearby. Oh, and of course they attend church on Sundays, some slightly off-beat protestant sect, but I don't recall which one.

A couple of years ago, the eldest son took up drumming! How the rest of the family out up with it, I have no idea. It is pretty loud even several hundred feet away through the trees, and how his younger siblings sleep when he is banging away at nine and ten o'clock at night, I can't imagine! All we ever here is the drum part, so presumably he is wearing headphones, but it has sounded like hard rock drumming to me, though I could never put my finger on a specific song, and aside from something that once sounded like Eliminator-era ZZ Top, I couldn't even be sure of a specific band.

Last weekend there was some sort of party (parents present), and more than a dozen cars were parked in the driveway, more cars came and dropped off an older teeenager. ..... And someone had brought an electric guitar and amp, as through the trees wafted a variety of well-executed riffs, from the likes of AC/DC and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

My faith in the youth of today is somewhat restored.
Old Aug 13th 2016, 6:03 am
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

(my K button ain't working or you'd get some...occasionally I probably am that guy)
Old Aug 13th 2016, 11:32 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Our neighbours have four children, I think the oldest, a boy, is now 18, and the youngest, a girl, is about 5 or 6. They pretty much keep themselves to themselves, and homeschool their children - the mother is a community college lecturer by training, so she likely knows what she is doing on the homeschooling front. The fact they keep themselves to themselves means that they don't impact us much. Most of the visitors seem to be his parents, who live nearby. Oh, and of course they attend church on Sundays, some slightly off-beat protestant sect, but I don't recall which one.

A couple of years ago, the eldest son took up drumming! How the rest of the family out up with it, I have no idea. It is pretty loud even several hundred feet away through the trees, and how his younger siblings sleep when he is banging away at nine and ten o'clock at night, I can't imagine! All we ever here is the drum part, so presumably he is wearing headphones, but it has sounded like hard rock drumming to me, though I could never put my finger on a specific song,

Solved the problem for you
Old Aug 13th 2016, 5:18 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Last weekend there was some sort of party (parents present), and more than a dozen cars were parked in the driveway, more cars came and dropped off an older teeenager. ..... And someone had brought an electric guitar and amp, as through the trees wafted a variety of well-executed riffs, from the likes of AC/DC and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

My faith in the youth of today is somewhat restored.
Reminds me of the time I was out for a walk with my son and daughter (way back when she was still in a buggy), and some kid he knew from school was riding by on his bike with Kashmir blasting out of one of those bluetooth speaker things. Can't have been much more than 12, either. That was pretty cool.
Old Aug 13th 2016, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Never trust anyone under the age of 50 ! I am thinking of rewriting that rule to read "Never trust anyone until you know they are in receipt of the State Pension !"

(You may recollect that in our youth the slogan was, "Never trust anyone over 30.")

Last edited by scot47; Aug 13th 2016 at 10:19 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2016, 12:15 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Personal experience and that of friends from an employment perspective has not been that good, a lot of entitled pot heads.
That may be a localized issue for you and Lansbury.
Old Aug 14th 2016, 12:29 am

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

That may be a localized issue for you and Lansbury.
And Washington and soon to be California and likely every 7/11 in the neighborhood.. Here in Oregon they are popping up every mile or so, all with thoughts of getting rich quick. The shake out should not take long, I suspect that at lest half will be broke in a year or two.
Old Aug 14th 2016, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
.... The shake out should not take long, I suspect that at lest half will be broke in a year or two.
It's tough to run a business when you're on drugs.
Old Aug 14th 2016, 12:42 am

It's tough to run a business when you're on drugs.
No joke. Iv'e known a couple. Smart guys, very smart but not in control of their urges.
Old Aug 14th 2016, 1:53 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My faith in young people was restored recently. Many who would be seen as the dregs of society have been the kindest, most generous people I could have imagined these past 2 weeks.
Old Aug 14th 2016, 3:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My faith in young people was restored recently. Many who would be seen as the dregs of society have been the kindest, most generous people I could have imagined these past 2 weeks.
Old Aug 14th 2016, 11:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Dorothy

Good to read Dorothy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.