Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

ARE YOU A BOOSTER FOR THE BOOSTER?

ARE YOU A BOOSTER FOR THE BOOSTER?

Old Sep 19th 2021, 3:25 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARE YOU A BOOSTER FOR THE BOOSTER?

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
If Biden prioritizes giving vaccines to other countries at US tax payer expense rather than boosters for US tax payers you'll never hear the end of it and the people complaining about it the loudest will be the ones that refused the vaccine in the first place.
Put it in Bud Lite.
Old Sep 19th 2021, 3:26 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
This article in the Atlantic talks about how a booster shot may boost immunity, and the pros and cons of getting a booster as soon as it is available, or possibly delaying a few months. I personally will get it ASAP - but the article is informative & thought provoking..

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...r-shot/620123/

One of the factors the author mentions, is that soon, updated vaccines may be available that take into account new variants and other recent new research results. People who have a third shot already, may go to the back of the line for the new and improved shot ..

That is interesting. But I haven't seen anything on how they are doing on an evolved vaccine.
Old Sep 19th 2021, 3:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely will get the booster if Moderna's booster is made available here in MS. Being in the high risk category, I'll be one of the first group to be called.

Old Sep 19th 2021, 5:43 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure my employer will make it as mandatory as the first one was. So yes, I'll be getting it.

(and would get it even if it was not mandatory - I have been fully vaccinated since January)_
Old Sep 19th 2021, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Definitely will get the booster if Moderna's booster is made available here in MS. Being in the high risk category, I'll be one of the first group to be called.
Will it be?
Just watched your Governor interviewed on CNN this morning. Seems to be a cretin
I would think just living in Mississippi puts you " in the high risk category"
Old Sep 19th 2021, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
This article in the Atlantic talks about how a booster shot may boost immunity, and the pros and cons of getting a booster as soon as it is available, or possibly delaying a few months. I personally will get it ASAP - but the article is informative & thought provoking..
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...r-shot/620123/
One of the factors the author mentions, is that soon, updated vaccines may be available that take into account new variants and other recent new research results. People who have a third shot already, may go to the back of the line for the new and improved shot ..
IMO waiting for the new, improved, bestest-of-the-latest version is a never-ending fool's quest when dealing with an evolving, rapidly mutating virus.
If you get the 3rd jab as soon as you're eligible you'll then be near the beginning, instead of the end, of the queue for the booster to the booster
(shot #4) - which hopefully won 't be needed. Or at least - not for a good long while.

Last edited by MMcD; Sep 19th 2021 at 7:52 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 12:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MMcD
Will it be?
Just watched your Governor interviewed on CNN this morning. Seems to be a cretin
I would think just living in Mississippi puts you " in the high risk category"
He lives in a world of his own. It will be available. I received my first dose in January and the second in February, so not worried about availability and 'stayin' alive'.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 12:16 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

The fact is that anyone could go and get a booster shot right now. Most pharmacies will simply ask if it's your second or first shot, and will then give it no questions asked. There have been many reports of people doing so, and there is a long history of doctors using medications 'off label' - so it's not that much of a stretch.

The only reason I haven't gotten on yet is because they aren't recommending it, The science though appears to support the need, especially after having been vaccinated for 8 months. I'm considering just gong and getting a 3rd Pfizer at some point.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

In time it will likely become like getting an annual flu jab. The world did such a terrible job at the outset that this virus has very likely become endemic - alongside the fact the vaccinations have been designed to fight the virus and not prevent infection. In the UK (not checked Israel), the number of deaths has started to bounce along around the level Flu would normally cause each day on average and as we never report the number of flu infections, what seems like a high daily infection rate could just be the future we can look forward to. At least with this virus, it is relatively stable unlike Flu, for which there are so many strains they essentially take a well educated punt every year in concocting the vaccination.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I definitely plan to get third dose of Moderna when recommended. May even get early but haven’t decided yet. Many cases still occurring here in Tennessee with no evidence of anyone taking recommended precautions.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 9:14 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Sometime ago I decided Dr Fauci talked a lot of sense. If he say yes, I get. In fact quite happy to be a guinea pig for the Moderna booster if I can find someone to dispense it.
Old Sep 20th 2021, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lansbury
Sometime ago I decided Dr Fauci talked a lot of sense. If he say yes, I get. In fact quite happy to be a guinea pig for the Moderna booster if I can find someone to dispense it.
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed
In fact, he got the Moderna shot ....good for the goose - good for the gander (and me)